The Purpose of this Forum

Cypher asked for this forum to be created - HC thought it a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    Hey RtB... one of my greatest strengths in being an online nerd is I read almost every review I can find of new blockbuster movies coming out. I noticed that occasionally people put forth threads about new and upcoming movies (i.e. herbo's transformers thread in the public forums). I was wondering how hard it would be to put a movies or entertainment thread in the private forum for AEF members to discuss such things. I, for one, would be more than happy to spam it on a daily basis with news and reviews from other sites and give my own opinion on what it upcoming or current films are like or might be like and would love to see other AEF's opinions about it - I mean i live my life by movies, would this forum be a plausible option?
    Anyone can post here of course but we expect Cypher to live up to his undertaking He is also the forum moderator.

It is a sub-forum of the Mess Hall as it is part of that sort of thing but will keep things tidier and like things to gether and easier to find.

Best of luck all.
    They know enough who know how to learn - Henry Adams
    The aggressive insistence on the worth and unique importance of the common man seems to me to be one of the fundamental Australian characteristics - Hartley Grattan.
    Keep smiling, they'll never know what you've been up to
    Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

Member since 16/8/03 - Ex-CinC & HC: Played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, Quake Wars, SH3, 4 & 5, PotBS, BF3, Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Witcher 2, GuildWars 2.

Cypher

Re: The Purpose of this Forum

wha....? :shock:

I knew this suggestion would come back to bite me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    wha....? :shock:

I knew this suggestion would come back to bite me :P
    Consider yourself bit! :lol: Use your moderator powers carefully though.
    The aggressive insistence on the worth and unique importance of the common man seems to me to be one of the fundamental Australian characteristics - Hartley Grattan.

Member since 16/8/03 - Ex-CinC & HC: Played BF1942, BF2, BF2142, Quake Wars, SH3, 4 & 5, PotBS, BF3, Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Witcher 2, GuildWars 2.

Cypher

haha yeh don't worry RtB I will.

Anyway all, I will extend my own welcome to this forum.
    For those that like to discuss movies; old, new and upcoming this is the place to be. Hopefully it will prove a productive forum and everyone will get a chance to express their opinions. Being a big movie buff, expect me to spam this as often as possible. Most of my sources come from various review sites, the largest being Aint It Cool News. com which is fantastic for this stuff.

Please, everybody, feel free to put your reviews of new movies in this forum. I'm heading over to see Shrek the Third tonight, so when I get back, expect my first review :P

Enjoy

ahh well done cypher, cant wait to see Will Farrells new movie, the ice skating one, looks funny.

Maj General

Someone tell me if HOSTEL 2 is good?

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Whodiwoski
    I can tell you on the basis of the studio that supported it's production and their previous releases that no it isn't....but that might just be because of my tastes =]

Maj General

Yeah Azza, spoke to a mate not to long ago after he saw it and he believes that if your looking for a brand new tale of horror, don't see this film as its only for those who like watching gore and guts, so to speak. Nothing to original either apart of the ways to kill someone for fun If this is your style of horror and you liked the first film, then go see Hostel 2

Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Whodiwoski

no it isn't, alot of costomers coming out of the film, don't like it, and some come out early anout halfway through it.

This forum is going very well folks - I read it often. Thanks!

AEF Member

no rtb ,thank you

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    I can tell you on the basis of the studio that supported it's production and their previous releases that no it isn't....but that might just be because of my tastes =]
    I kind of take that back, if it's lionsgate that released the film. I recently saw deliver us from evil, a fairly moving, unsettling film, I would recommend it for those over 18.

With cypher gone, we will just leave this forum to the members to participate in to the degree they like.

It's still a good idea.

SpaZZcorE

I for one will be starting up a weekly T.V profile thread, so at least one person will be putting it to good use Rtb. Only just discovered it yesterday. Great idea.

Thanks mate - appreciated.

Registered Users

i think we should have a youtube page too inside this sub forum so will start one up too.

Kabes is the new forum moderator.