Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AEF Member

Re: Any iRacing players?

We should get all the AEF'ers into the V8 Supercar series It even gets writeups on the official V8 supercar website.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/onlineser ... fault.aspx

=Proud Member of the 1st LAV Battalion=
    AEF EVE
    AEF Racing

AEF Member

Had a great race last night in the Stangs on Road Atlanta. Lost 0.08 SR but ended up 5th, kept it tidy for most laps. Was coming in to the final corner and had the speed on this guy, took the inside corner in high 3rd then he taps my rear end and I hit the wall. I thought maybe I'd not left him enough room.

Check the last seconds of the replay that shows as you wait for the tow and I left him enough room to drive a truck through but he got spooked and went too wide and as he rejoined the track couldn't maintain a straight line.

I've always had that mental stamina to not be freaked out in close-racing, I just wish I could maintain a decent line... I'm far too random in the approach to some corners and I'll most times find the perfect line then spend the next 18 laps trying to hit it again.

I did try out some V8's seeing as most Aussie drivers have been into that since the series was made official but goddamn that Ford is hard to drive. Am I right in thinking that upshifting is clutchless but downshift requires a touch of brake or mashing the clutch? It's also very hard getting used to sequential gears after using my H-box for so long.

Cipher

I really want this game, i really do, but i'm still struggling to find funds for a computer upgrade, let alone a steering wheel and the rest of the kit that is simply extraordinary.

When i was at Sandown last year, iRacing had a booth thingo there, made it my mission to get onto the leaderboard before the weekend was out. V8 FG Supercar on Phillip Island. Got the 10th spot on my last run on the last day in the last hour they were there

AEF Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher
    I really want this game, i really do, but i'm still struggling to find funds for a computer upgrade, let alone a steering wheel and the rest of the kit that is simply extraordinary.

When i was at Sandown last year, iRacing had a booth thingo there, made it my mission to get onto the leaderboard before the weekend was out. V8 FG Supercar on Phillip Island. Got the 10th spot on my last run on the last day in the last hour they were there
    Start small with the kit. And iRacing doesn't need a heavy PC to play it. Try eBay with the wheel set-up, Track IR can be had for about $150, and just get what you need PC guts wise to play the games you need.

Lifes to short to not play simulators.

AEF Member

Yea it doesnt need a lot of grunt.

IMO get a G27 or a DFGT (great cheap wheel but has shit pedals) to start with, all you need

AEF EVE
    AEF Racing

AEF Member

Deal is on currently for early renewals. Renew for a single year's sub and receive $30 iRacing credit on June 3. You can do multiple years but make sure you don't select a two year resub, you will want two single year resubs instead if that makes sense. I think it's $20 cheaper for a year sub as opposed to paying monthly or quarterly.

All you have to do is complete the early renewal in the 'my account' page, the credits will be automatically applied from June 3.

I figure even if I have months where I don't use it, I want to know that it's there for me right up until July 2012. Also, iRacing 2.0 is coming soon and you won't want to miss that!

Cipher

Yeah i'll be getting a totally new system for Arma 3, so i can play it WELL from the start, depends how much i get from any job i can get.

AEF Member

hey guys, im thinking of getting into iracing.
    i currently have a driving force gt (and the crappy pedals which come with it lol) which i use with gran turismo 5

also i hear 1 year is best way to go?

anything i should know b4 i jump into this?

(im just gonna get the 1 month trail in a couple of days from now)

AEF Member

Jump in and tell me how it is. I'm a heartbeat from getting into this.

AEF Member

yep sure will, just waiting on money ive transfered from my bank account to my paypal account to arrive lol

only thing im worried about is player numbers, im sure it will be a great game, i just hope it has a great active community

AEF Member

meant to be the best online...

AEF Member

well i just got the three months for 12 dollars deal, sounds good value for money

and i thought im gonna need a bigger screen to play a game like this, so i upgraded from 16" lcd to 19" lcd (found the 19" laying around unused)
    and now im lost, i dont know where to look on my monitor :lol:

AEF Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    well i just got the three months for 12 dollars deal, sounds good value for money

and i thought im gonna need a bigger screen to play a game like this, so i upgraded from 16" lcd to 19" lcd (found the 19" laying around unused)
    and now im lost, i dont know where to look on my monitor :lol:
    Dell 30" is 33% off. Only a measly 1100.

AEF Member

You missed the important point Crow... one month gets you three. That's $14 for the rookie class tracks and vehicles for three whole months.

Gives you plenty of time to decide if the sub is worth it (HINT: IT FUCKING IS).

AEF Member

yeah that would be awesome lol, im thinking of just getting a decent screen, but i also want to get a new car

yeah 12 dollars for 3 months, if this game keeps me busy it will prolly end up saving me money lol

well ive got possibly the most dodgy setup possible to get my driving force gt to attach to my desk (cause desk is too thick for it to go on), and i reckon if i get enough force feedback while playing it will all fall apart lol.

well im downloading 1gb of updates now, at a measly 200kb/s

AEF Member

lol funny thing, i borrowed my mums credit card to pay for the 12 dollars (cause i dont have 1 and im waiting on my money from my bank account to transfer to my paypal account) and it has caused my drivers profile to be in the name of my mothers... anyway to change this?

AEF Member

lol funny thing, i borrowed my mums credit card to pay for the 12 dollars (cause i dont have 1 and im waiting on my money from my bank account to transfer to my paypal account) and it has caused my drivers profile to be in the name of my mothers... anyway to change this?
    your mum might be a famous driver in a year. :lol:

No idea on how to fix this.

AEF Member

Sorry, I should have mentioned that... that is default and cannot be changed.

:lol:

Just send support an email explaining the situation and they will change your account name for you.
    I used my wifes card and had the same situation.
    Sent an email and it was changed by the next day

Just remember that when you first join up you will be in the rookie class
    It can be frustrating there as you have all the yahoo's and kids trying out the game.
    Once you get your D class liecence it starts to get better.
    When you get to C Class you begin to get a better class of driver and the fun really starts.

AEF Member

My rookie run was pretty smooth and I found that most people were as eager to drive safely like I was. But yeah, by C class you're really racing.

Hosting iRacing servers is REALLY cheap, would anyone mind if I went ahead and set a night up? We could spruik the 2-fer offer and then get on teamspeak and lol our way around lime rock or laguna.

AEF Member

cool good to know, sent a support request

did quite a few laps on laguna tonight
    i managed a 1 45 400 on it in my mx5 cup car, is that decent? i have no clue how to look at leader boards and stuff (i'd hope i'd be no more 5 seconds from the best time lol)
    i dont even know how to join a proper race to get my stats up lol, ive just been doing test race things

and btw im loving this game, its way more realistic then gran turismo 5, which is what i was looking for

edit, worked it out, best time for that car and track was a 1 41, so 4 seconds off the best, thats a shitload in racing terms lol,
    hope i still have a lot of improvement left in me

AEF Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMellie
    Hosting iRacing servers is REALLY cheap, would anyone mind if I went ahead and set a night up? We could spruik the 2-fer offer and then get on teamspeak and lol our way around lime rock or laguna.
    So keen, so so keen.

AEF EVE
    AEF Racing

Regarding servers, what specs does the game require ?

The servers are hosted by iRacing as part of their service
    They have an Australian server farm for the Ausy contingent but I'm not sure who through

dmasta1981

I've been on rfactor for few months now with my mate penzo & v8s are pretty good but u really need the realfeel mod. apparently iracer doing a deal at moment $10 for 3 mths ,worth trying.

Cipher

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/pr ... ssion=true

Anyone got a fanatec and can attest to its quality? Interested in this one because its got all the bells and whistles AND can be played on the 360 and PS3 as well.

Private

IM in for iRacing, Corey Osborne, suck atm but meh progression is what its all about i guess.

AEF Member

PM Mezevenf, and hook up for cool iRacing hijinks.

He's... The Man.

AEF Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    PM Mezevenf, and hook up for cool iRacing hijinks.

He's... The Man.
    Aww shucks Crow :P

I'll be online a lot more when Season 4 starts tomorrow in iRacing Corey, so accept my friend request and we can chat online there. I'll also hit up TS3 more often too.

Keen to get you up to a C class and into the V8s

AEF EVE
    AEF Racing