Thread: RIFT (RPG MMO)

RIFT (RPG MMO)

Hey all, spida's back and it's time to flood AEF with some new MMO getting released or are in the making.
    So i'm going to start with RIFT.

Mysterious rifts are tearing the world of Telara apart. A powerful magic explosion during the final days of the Shade War has left the veil between Telara and other planar dimensions fractured and torn.

Treacherous and powerful, these rifts occur when another plane of reality intersects with the magical Ward protecting Telara. Rifts create doorways for planar invasion, destroying the lands and people of Telara, but they may also grant otherworldly power to those brave enough to seize it.

Now no part of Telara is truly safe. Invasions can occur anywhere and at any time, and the danger to the world is growing. Two major factions have emerged to save the world of Telara from the rifts: the Guardian and the Defiant. Each faction works in different ways to preserve Telara's future, and both seek to undermine the other.

While little is known about the exact nature of the rifts, Telaran scholars, priests, and historians strive to unlock the mysteries of these massive portals. It is believed that the rifts are being caused by direct attacks on the magical Ward surrounding Telara. Regulos, the dragon god of extinction, seeks to free his imprisoned minions of the Blood Storm trapped deep inside Telara. These attacks weaken the veil and cause planar disruptions that open the destructive rifts across the world.

Often, rifts appear in the world as a tear in the fabric of reality. Powerful magic has been used to study these anomalies, and sometimes they have been opened inadvertently, resulting in great tragedy. But there is still much to learn from these destructive forces. Can riftic power be harnessed by sorcery? Can powerful beings enter the rifts to venture into the deadly planes beyond? How many planes really exist?

With rifts, only one thing is certain — if they are not stopped, the world of Telara will surely end.

Dynamic Layered World

Every player experiences a different adventure in the living, breathing world of Telara. RIFT™ has all of the traditional quests and deep story arcs you expect from a fantasy MMO role-playing game, but there is unpredictability to life in Telara that guarantees even familiar terrain can offer new dangers and opportunities.

Whether it’s a previously peaceful farm being ravaged by demons, a tranquil forest glen suddenly ripped apart by a violent rift, or merely an unassuming traveling merchant with astounding wares, spontaneous events are taking place all across Telara for you to discover and take part in.

The ebb and flow of activity in Telara is always changing. Thousands of unexpected encounters are occurring at any moment, making every adventure unique — with more being added all the time. And just like in real life, you can revisit favorite haunts to see what's different, adding a novel sense of exploration to even well-trodden ground.

RIFT™ provides many playable races to choose from. Each race has its own characteristic look, unique racial ability, and distinctive background story. Races also belong to one of two opposing factions, either Guardian or Defiant. Each race will offer players its own set of advantages and disadvantages during gameplay.

HOME PAGE http://www.riftgame.com/en/index.php

BETA http://www.riftgame.com/en/beta/index.php

Re: RIFT (RPG MMO)

got this for pre order tried the Beta and enjoyed it very well. Must say the three talent trees look good giving a mixture of skills and combos so you can have a choice of what path you want to go down. Looking forward to when it's released. Hope to see some AEFers play this

XMadMarkX

Just finished this weekends beta of Rift and overall found it to be very enjoyable. It did start out a little slow but as my characters levels increased so to did the level of enjoyment. In the beginning this game felt very much like KnightOnline but gradually became its own game in its own right. It is a visual feast with lots of vibrant colour. Rarely will you have nothing to do and some thought process will be required to achieve some of the quests.
    I'm not a big fan of RPG's but I'm considering pre-ordering and subscribing to this one.

Corporal

A call to all Rifters! how about we actually get the AEF on 1 server/side this time round!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift07
    A call to all Rifters! how about we actually get the AEF on 1 server/side this time round!
    Raven & I are playing as Guardians.

Briarcliff for PvP
    Wolfsbane for PvE

I will be playing on the PvP server for the head start.

Server list
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.p ... erver-List

Corporal

sorry spida wont be joining you, i am not joining a server that has 4 hour long wait queues, i have too much important gaming time spent at work and refuse to wait that long >.<

sorry spida wont be joining you, i am not joining a server that has 4 hour long wait queues, i have too much important gaming time spent at work and refuse to wait that long >.<
    That's OK as I did not get into the servers above. What is everyone on? I got on http://www.riftstatus.com/servers.php?id=87 its a PvE sever.

Also read.
    viewtopic.php?f=290&t=60209

i joined Corthana, they just released a few more servers though, do we want to find a server for all of us?
    |1CR Life Member |STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT|
    "You keep what you kill. " => Riddick From the movie, The Chronicles of Riddick
    All New Video Here ---->

Quote Originally Posted by DemonseeD667
    i joined Corthana, they just released a few more servers though, do we want to find a server for all of us?
    Well Rift07, Raven and I are on that Corthana as Guardians. There is no ques.

My game name for my main is Moonstar.

Corporal

mark get your backside on this server!

XMadMarkX

mark get your backside on this server!
    Which server would that be Rift, I'm in sunrise have been all day mate.

Name in that server is Ningara level 14.

I want to join a PvP server so I'm going to start a character on Molinar which is low pop at the moment.

Registered Users

Question:

Is Rift turned based or real time combat??

I'm currently looking for a awesome RT RPG Online game.
    http://www.enticedphotography.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Enticed-Photography

real time combat
    |1CR Life Member |STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT|
    "You keep what you kill. " => Riddick From the movie, The Chronicles of Riddick
    All New Video Here ---->

I got pretty bored of Rift quickly.

The Rift mechanic is cool but uninteresting after a while.
    The player spell animations are terribly boring... its like you're firing fart clouds at enemies, and every spell so far as looked practically the same.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by deevus

The player spell animations are terribly boring... its like you're firing fart clouds at enemies, and every spell so far as looked practically the same.
    Thats no good..

Whats the PvE / quest system like? Also, does the game look nice / polished.

Currently getting the steam version as EB wanted $90 and steams was only $50 lol

Questing: Its WoW.

It does look nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear

Thats no good..

Currently getting the steam version as EB wanted $90 and steams was only $50 lol
    I love it.

PvE is interesting and fun, the game looks and feels fantastic.

I am happy with this game.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by sSPIDAa

Thats no good..

I love it.

PvE is interesting and fun, the game looks and feels fantastic.

I am happy with this game.
    Coolbananas!

Myself and my oldman both have the game, just waiting for the 850Mb patch to finish lol

Edit:

Names
    Elf Rouge: NinjaMonkey
    Warrior dude: Fear

Coolbananas!

Myself and my oldman both have the game, just waiting for the 850Mb patch to finish lol

Edit:

Names

We have a guild for AEF and friends called Asgard on Corthana server.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by sSPIDAa
    Coolbananas!

Edit:

Names

We have a guild for AEF and friends called Asgard on Corthana server.
    How do I find the guild? as search guild does not show it up :S

I have a Lv30 Mage now called Entice

Also my oldman has a Lv30 Cleric named Deviant

Keres

if you do a /who asgard

then you can actually go in and do guild searches from there

Now is your chance to join your friend and play the RIFT free trial! The dragons muster their cults and hordes of monsters to sweep across Telara, and your friend needs you at their side during the elemental onslaught to come.
    Wages of loyalty

You will receive these special rewards for answering your friend’s call:

Special in-game title: “The Chosen”
    You and your friend will be linked forever, able to teleport to one another’s locations once every thirty minutes.
    You and your friend will have all of each other's characters automatically entered in your Friends Lists.

http://au.riftgame.com/en/products/asce ... end_invite

Help me out and have fun with the awesome game.

Sever: Wolfbane
    Side: Guardians
    My game name: Kitihawk

Just signed up for a trial, ingame name = VYNDKATOR

AEF ADMIN | AEF VANGUARD (EVE) | BATTALION (BF4) | 2IC - AEF OPERATIONS Formerly - DB (BF2/BF2142 (2IC/CO)/ET:QW/COD4/BF:BC2/BF3/PS2) | TCM (2IC/CO) | CW (2IC/CO) | GB (COH) | 2CAV (ARMA 2/3) | 1CR (BF2 (2IC)) | Flying Roos (IL2)

XMadMarkX

Good to see Vindy. I take it you joined Server: Wolfbane.

yeah mate

AEF ADMIN | AEF VANGUARD (EVE) | BATTALION (BF4) | 2IC - AEF OPERATIONS Formerly - DB (BF2/BF2142 (2IC/CO)/ET:QW/COD4/BF:BC2/BF3/PS2) | TCM (2IC/CO) | CW (2IC/CO) | GB (COH) | 2CAV (ARMA 2/3) | 1CR (BF2 (2IC)) | Flying Roos (IL2)

Captain

join me and raker and my family on AION
    TLR - CO

There is another thread somewhere for Aion mate.

Is anyone still playing this? There's a bunch of us that have given Rift another go since it went F2P.

Swic, CheeseThief, Jimmy, Sapper and myself are all playing on Laethys as guild "Hodor"

Just find us in the lounges if you want to join in.