Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ArmA 3

Delta 51

ArmA 3

Arma 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.

Storyline
    Survive, Adapt, Win
    After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

* Survive in the rich & authentic environment
    * Adapt to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
    * Win the open-ended & story-driven campaign

Combining the strength of its predecessors with radical engine improvements, Arma 3 provides a unique experience of sandbox-oriented combat gameplay in the most detailed environment of the series.
    Key features:

* Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
    * Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.
    * Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.
    * Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
    * Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.
    * Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
    * Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

http://www.arma3.com/
    http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/games/arma3

GAME REQUIREMENTS

Minimum:
    CPU: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 with Shader Model 4 and 512 MB VRAM
    RAM: 2 GB
    HDD: 15 GB free space
    DirectX®:10

Recommended:
    N/A

Confirmed FEATURES - HERE

Last edited by SnR; 22-12-2014 at 02:14 PM.

LooseKannon

Re: ArmA 3

Sooo epic, dude. Can't wait. PhysX will be insanely radical.

Last edited by SnR; 25-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Last edited by SnR; 08-06-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Cipher

Re: ArmA 3 Announcement

Commanche = FING EPIC, can't WAIT to fly that thing!

Just makes you wonder...what fixed wing they got?

Rhodesy

Commanche is a bit meh imho, the rangers look freaking hot but, so does that island, will be watching this one closely for sure.

Delta 51

boycott pants until release

Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesy
    Commanche is a bit meh imho, the rangers look freaking hot but, so does that island, will be watching this one closely for sure.
    Nah i've always loved the Commanche, but the real question is what naval units are in besides the Astute? ARGH THIS IS AWESOME!

As long as the commanche will allow me to do this..........weeeeee... reloading

Pic 4 is reminding me so much of Armed Assault, that house on the hill !!!

VisOne

“Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX™ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.”

My take: [The sound of coffee being involuntarily sprayed on my monitor goes here.] Whoa! PhysX? In Arma? Promising. For all of Arma’s nuanced ballistics and fidelity, its engine doesn’t model simple physics like vehicle collision or explosion blow-back well. New animations are a necessity, too. (As it stands, I can mime all of Arma’s scant handful of death animations with perfect accuracy.) If genuine ragdoll can be added, even better.
    SOURCE: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/19/arma- ... reenshots/

If this is true. If he has taken that correctly then I might finally be happy with the latest in the ARMA series. Because its predecessors have always let me down on the most basic game element movement. The way character moves, the way vehicles move and on and on rant rant blah blah it ruined immersion. But this time they will do it right dammit and the game will get picked up and the community will get bigger to the point you actually have to filter out the tards instead of just putting up with them so you can have a multiplayer game. :lol:

Pic 4 is reminding me so much of Armed Assault, that house on the hill !!!
    i totally agree snr. an island brings us waaaaay back to armed assualt. deathmatch disco anyone?

tanks looks similar to the merkava http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52 ... edbig.jpg/

EDIT: i think it looks really similar to the merkava, an Israeli tank. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkava and if it is will it be equipped with the trophy system?
    Not every day is good but there is something good in everyday.

"Dammit ugly bob, your face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver." (Terrance and Phillip)

Arma3 Location

EDIT: Also about time they announced it. I was getting tired of all that 'hacking'.

EDIT EDIT: One thing this game doesn't deliver...

A new computer
    Every zoo is a petting zoo. You just have to try hard enough

i think they will put the island in the middle of nowhere or wont reveal where abouts in the Mediterranean

"Dammit ugly bob, your face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver." (Terrance and Phillip)

I'm thinking that they'll have three maps based on all 3 areas. If those are indeed the areas that will be used.
    Kind of like Chernarus and Utes.

AEF Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesy
    Commanche is a bit meh imho.
    It's the best, man. Recon light chopper scouting through the trees feeding the apache's info, or jumping in with a 3 barrell 20mm cannon and folding wing stubs for 6 Hellfires, and a sexy as fenestron tail rotor set-up. Some of the most gucci and expensive avionics around.. and it's stealth, man.

Dammit.

Now I gotta buy a new game!

still lose your gear swimming through water?

haha Goldi nice one

Rhodesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemnos

thats the island that the map is based off apparently.

since the main character is behind enemy lines several people on the arma 3 forums wants knives and bayonets.
    In favor of calling BI's Mi-28/Ka-50 mash-up the "Hamuk".

Swedge

Very cool.
    May have to start saving for a new PC.
    I look forward to all the engine improvements. Curious how this will impact ACE.
    The geography doesn't interest me though. I will keep hanging around in pseudo-AfghanistanIraq maps as far as possible. I seem to have a permanent jones for dirt and stones and the goats and beards that ride them. Go figure.
    The mediterranean doesn't especially interest me. Unless they go with some kind of Godfather II Sicily angle or something

Delta 51

Map looks awesome, had a look at it on google maps and it'll be fun to fight in.

Personally I'd like to see an overhaul of how the engine handles vegetation so we can have a decent bushland/jungle map.

Roughly 35x30km of landmass

to snr's post

AEF Member

Zendru

I think i need to change my pants after seeing the tanks firing animation at the end....

that air rippling was awesome....

Registered Users

OMG that explosion effect was just to cool ! I think my computer threwup though.

AEF Member

yeah, those effects were amazing.

I'm thinking of doing a big upgrade at the end of the year, but hell. I might even just put that off till maybe 2 years after ArmA3 so I can actually play with those effects.

watching that trailer, seeing the tank survive can only mean one thing if it hit and thats going to happen in actual gameplay, the trophy active protection system. arma may have become so badass that it can include systems like that and that just blows my mind.

Delta 51

If that is the tank firing animation...

Also best graphics is being fought over by BF3 and A3 IMO:

Delta 51

WHY NEXT YEAR WHY!!
    I just want to play this now. Although I'm pretty sure I'll need a new PC