Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WarZ

i see this turning very fast into something similar to dayz. shoot on sight
    Not every day is good but there is something good in everyday.

"Dammit ugly bob, your face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver." (Terrance and Phillip)

the safe zones should help counter this .........a little

whats to stop camping just outside the safezones? i think they would be wise to check out dayz and learn from alot of whats going on there

"Dammit ugly bob, your face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver." (Terrance and Phillip)

AEF Member
    I think it's going to be a nerfed, dumbed down experience trying to cash in quickly on the success of DayZ. The ArmA engine is what makes DayZ great.

=Proud Member of the 1st LAV Battalion=
    AEF EVE
    AEF Racing

WarZ has a 400mē map but they have also stated that they have taken cues from DayZ, in fact there is a roomer of them testing concepts in Dayz (like a trading out post) without the knowledge or consent of Rocket

"This kind of competition should hopefully encourage Bohemia to throw everything they have at this game. As much as I hate to say it, I don't really care about Arma III at this point. Day Z is where the money is, where the fun is, and hopefully where I am when all the clones come down the assembly line. If I were president of Bohemia, Arma III development would be suspended until Day Z is a finished, AAA, stand alone game on true persistent servers. 110% of resources and efforts should be directed at this. This CAN be the game that everyone was waiting for, or it WILL be somebody else's imitation."
    -Someone on the DayZ forums.

Grab your torches and pitchforks men!
    Every zoo is a petting zoo. You just have to try hard enough

Chaaaaaaarge

Im looking forward to this game. I love DayZ and i cant wait for its standalone an

WTF

Broken Hill, The middle of nowhere (It's the safest part of nowhere)
    Tressle, you can't help stupid people... *Sharpens pitchfork*
    -I wish this Zombie fad would hurry up and curl its toes... A dead un-dead Zombie huh' how about that!
    Last edited by Staff; 20-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic...
    • 'All right, They're on our Eph, They're on our Ight, They're in front of us, They're behind us... They Can't get away this time!' Lt. Gen. Lewis B.

That video is War inc gameplay, is that what they are thinking on using for its engine? I hope not.

Its early days, but still looks like poop

Last edited by SnR; 16-10-2012 at 08:15 PM.

i leiks it (:
    1st Commandos | TLR | AnI | 9th TR-CO | PD

To all that is saying this is a rip off of DayZ, you do realise that WarZ was in development for a while before dayz decided to come out......

Actually Evil WarZ is a direct assets copy of an earlier game by the same creators, WarInc. We can see WarZ as a quick and cheap skin change on a failed fps in order to capitalize on the DayZ market. So while we could consider WarZ to have been in development for a while, more likely its more marketing spin on the development of WarInc before doing a direction change to zombie game.

Strategist, Leader and Soldier of the AEF

You are right with the warinc part, this is a direct quote from some one who works at ausgamers and is a member of the AEF "It was "initially" going to be a console game that had branched off War Inc., but with the success of DayZ they re-designed it for PC."

WarZ has been in progress for a couple of years, Dayz is a mod that Rocket tinkered with on the side. Its still early Dayz for WarZ.

Name:  EBOr7.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  103.7 KB
    Last edited by SnR; 17-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.

And also, what makes you think that DayZ isnt an assets copy??? dayz uses the same engine as arma 2 AND made by some one who works for them.... DayZ is a mod for a game where as WarZ is a standalone game that isn't a mod for a game, just utilises the same engine as WarInc made by the same guys, oh wait, too many similarities to DayZ so it has to be a cheap rip off.

dayz will one day become stand alone so either way we are looking at two mmorpg zombie games.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_badger View Post
    And also, what makes you think that DayZ isnt an assets copy??? dayz uses the same engine as arma 2 AND made by some one who works for them.... DayZ is a mod for a game where as WarZ is a standalone game that isn't a mod for a game, just utilises the same engine as WarInc made by the same guys, oh wait, too many similarities to DayZ so it has to be a cheap rip off.
    DayZ markets itself as a mod for ArmA2, plain and simple of course its an assest copy, it doesn't pretend to be anything it isnt, also, its 100% free and transparent.

does WarZ market itself as a mod for WarInc? despite being a verbatim assets copy Nope, it states on its site that its NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. It is at best manipulative markets and at worst a typical scam. Interest in note, the actually development team has only existed for a few months, since June if I remember correctly, just as DAYZ became popular. If WarZ marketed itself as a WarInc mod then i wouldnt mind, instead of this MMOFPS zombie survival simulator. And even worse i know people bought this game because they thought it was made by the DayZ guys, its reprehensible.

as for it being a rip off

rip-off n. Slang 1. A product or service that is overpriced or of poor quality. (Mod of an unpopular FPS on a buggy and shitty 2 dollar engine MMOFPS with 40max players... Pah!)

2. Something, such as a film or story, that is clearly imitative of or based on something else. (Everything indicated to this game being started AFTER dayZ popularity spike, and the names 'coincidence' is just sad)

3. A theft. (In my opinion, anyone who put money in this is a victim of fraud and theft)

4. An act of exploitation (Capitalizing on a zombie survival hungry gamer population by swamping the market with shitty games for a quick buck)

There are a million examples of this being a scam if you look hard enough, I havnt tried it yet, but i dont need to taste rotten food when i can smell it across the room.

>.<'
    1st Commandos | TLR | AnI | 9th TR-CO | PD

Thanks Kazaar, you just made my day with that...... that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time, cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by evil_badger View Post
    Thanks Kazaar, you just made my day with that...... that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time, cheers mate
    Take it as you may

Oh i will, you crack me up with your simple biased mind

Also considering if you already owned arma 2 it was free yes, BUT for those who didn't had to go and buy the game to be able to play it, then 6 months later they are gonna have to fork out another 10-15 bucks for the stand alone game commin out before the year is out, so jump down off your high horse and look at things from both perspectives, i have played both games and i enjoy both games, they are similar in the way they play but they both offer a very different game play, so dont go judging something if you havn't played it. now i say "GOOD DAY SIR"

Jarate
    CV (Clan Valhalla) are on WarZ as well, maybe them and us could collaborate as a big group.

I spoke with CV's founder, TRIGGA, he said he's happy to make an alliance with AEF in War Z, whoever is organising the AEF War Z group should talk to TRIGGA about it, PM me on the forum for contact details.
    Last edited by Jarate; 19-10-2012 at 08:24 PM.

hahahaha safe zones, more like camping zones

At the moment yes, but when they put the NPC's in it wont be much of a camp fest at the safe zones. I am really enjoying this game, much more so than DayZ, the PvP battles are much more fun, fluent and easier to control. Yes it is still in it's alpha stages and there is a LOT of work to be done, but with daily updates and patches they should have this good by the proper launch date, unlike DayZ where you have to wait 2 - 3 months for an update