FSX/X-Plane and FSEconomy

Just a quick one to see if anyone is using FSEconomy with FSX or X-Plane? I was doing it for a while solo but wouldn't mind getting some extra pilots together and doing the virtual airline thing

Let me know if anyone is interested

AEF Member
    got both xplane and fsx, had a quick look at it, seems interesting
    "Your Mistletoe is no match for my Tow Missile", Santa

Never Play Leapfrog With A Unicorn
    2CAV Squad Leader

Essentially it adds a commercial business to the sims so that you can make money while flying and run a flying business as a solo or group. Imagine "AEF Airways"

AEF Member
    I'm on ts if you want to have a chat

2CAV Squad Leader

Broken Hill, The middle of nowhere (It's the safest part of nowhere)
    Count me IN! Aussie Expeditionary Flights, look out!

'Staff'
    Last edited by Staff; 18-09-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic...
    • 'All right, They're on our Eph, They're on our Ight, They're in front of us, They're behind us... They Can't get away this time!' Lt. Gen. Lewis B.

All sorted. Aussie Expeditionary Flights is set up as a group in FSEconomy. Post in this thread with your FSE name and I'll add you to the group.

We decided to make PNG our stomping ground so for now, get your FSE system set up, find an available plane in New Guinea (or ferry one up from Australia) and get flying.

For now we are splitting money 70% to the AEF and 30% to the pilot so that we can get some planes bought for us to use. Post in this thread with ideas for suitable bush flying planes with links to quality addons for those planes.

I would recommend starting off with stock planes that come with FSX for now to avoid any major issues.

Tips for selecting flights etc:
    Once you have chosen the charters for your flight, go to the "My Flight" page in the client and ensure that you select the option to fly the flight for Aussie Expeditionary Flights. This will then charge rental and fuel to the company and not out of your bank account. I have deposited $20k into the AEF bank account to cover some of the startup costs and 70% of income from each flight will go to the AEF (this may be adjusted later if we need to bring money in faster)

When selecting charters for a flight, take note of the bearing column as you may be able to pick up extra enroute flights to make the most of the capcity of the plane and earn more. e.g 2 passengers from A to B bearing 020 and 200kg of cargo from A to C bearing 015 means you get paid for two charters for your flight from A to C by stopping off in B

Rental bonuses - Rental planes often have a bonus/penalty for every 100 miles from their home base. If you can pick up a plane that is going towards it base on your flight you can make extra cash. If you are going away it will cost you cash.

Rent Dry - always try and rent the aircraft dry so that you cover the costs of the fuel as the owners will build in profit margin to the cost of fuel/hr for the plane regardless of how much you actually use. E.g Flying a Baron right now, FSE Lists it at 28gallons/hour but my actual fuel flow is 23gallons/hour.
    Last edited by Bonez; 19-09-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Possible FBO Locations -
    Criteria - Small airport or larger to allow for at least 2 passenger gates
    AYVN - Vanimo
    TAD - Tadji
    BLI - Balimo
    AYKW - Kawito
    GRN - Green River (could give us FBO's in Irian Jaya to the east also)
    GBE - Gobe (Centrally located, could be a good hub airport)
    ERV - Erave (central like Gobe)

Nearest supplies for building FBO's are at Guam (1100NM) or Brisbane (1300NM) but you would need a long range hauler to make the Guam trip work as the nearest you can get to PNG is about 785nm. I would think that bringing gear up from Brisbane would cost more in fuel but make it easier to get fuel enroute and carry more cargo with lighter fuel loads. There is also a better chance of contracting out the delivery of materials to get it to FNQ for a shorter hop to PNG.

Cost of building materials to get a central hub FBO (FBO+Repair+Passenger terminal) is
    20,000kg - FBO
    2,000kg - Repair
    2,000kg Passenger terminal
    Total 24,000kg @$3.79/kg =$90,960
    + Supplies to last a month minimum (20kg/day * 30 * $6.39) = $3,839
    So call it a minimum of $115k by the time we fly it all in

Outlying FBO's wouldn't need the repair option so it would be 22,000kg = $83,380 plus the $4k or so in supplies

AEF Member
    "FSX - Aussie Expeditionary Flights" Teamspeak Channel created for you guys in the AEF Sims TS - 202.62.137.195:9990

Good luck fellas

If you need anything just PM.

Thanks Crow

AEF Member
    Ok, we have the first FBO up, whats the plan from here? where are we going to be putting the second FBO, and what aircraft are we going to aim for?

2CAV Squad Leader

First FBO is at Kawito, AYKW, Second FBO is going to be Karimui, KRI. They are a good distance apart meaning that we can pick up decent enroute jobs if needed.

I have flown one Cessna 206 in to Kawito for rent. Be warned that it is VFR/AP only, no GPS, no IFR nav so that one takes some dead reckoning to get where you are going. There is another 206 on Bouganville for rent at a slightly higher cost which I will try and bring over also so that we have a few aircraft in the area for use.

Where possible try and return the planes to Kawito at the end of your flying so that others have easy access to appropriate planes for work.

The goal for buying aircraft is to get Cessna 185's and 206's to start. I'd like to have two of each at Kawito to give us choice and enough planes to handle the number of pilots. After that I think we look at a Baron, Twin Otters for larger jobs and/or a Pilatus Porter.

In the midst of plane purchases we can also expand the FBO's that we own to capture more area and handle more charters.

2nd FBO at KRI is set up and has 100LL fuel available. I have flown a Cessna 185 in as a rental plane also and it is based at AYKW so we have 2 useful planes available in the area now. The 206 is currently in GBE as I ran out of flying time last night, will be bringing it back to AYKW tonight.
    Last edited by Bonez; 26-09-2012 at 09:11 AM.

AEF Member
    Got back into this recently, anyone still playing?

2CAV Squad Leader

I haven't played it in a while as real life got in the way of flying time. I think all our gear would still be there but we may have to buy the FBO again

Again here RL has moved me around... soon to be reunited with the NBN though and would fly a couple of times a week!

'Staff'
    • 'All right, They're on our Eph, They're on our Ight, They're in front of us, They're behind us... They Can't get away this time!' Lt. Gen. Lewis B.

Hey Staff, do you live in Ballarat? me too.
    AEF Matrix | 2CAV SL
    Wingman Games Pty Ltd
    Lead Developer - Police 1013
    www.police1013.com
    www.facebook.com/police1013
    www.twitter.com/policesimulator

Yeah mate, out of town just now but about to move back into Mt. Helen.

Nice.
    AEF Matrix | 2CAV SL
    Wingman Games Pty Ltd
    Lead Developer - Police 1013
    www.police1013.com
    www.facebook.com/police1013
    www.twitter.com/policesimulator

I picked up X-Plane 10 the other day and started up with this again. Anyone keen to come flying for the AEF virtual airline again?
    Bonez
    2CAV CO