Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AEF Member

Latest News from the 801st Desk

As many of you know, we have started the process for a Dog Fight Competition over at the 801st. We are keeping the first round "in-house" for we will be moving into uncharted territory regarding hosting TE's on the sever. If all goes to plan we will then open up the next round of competition to the AEF, Falconeers, 27th and 420th.

Will keep everyone posted and hope this turns out to be an awesome event!

Awesome Coco, good luck

No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the enemies die for their country.
    Steam:
    anzacchippie

Looks like it could shape up to be an interesting weekend for some...
    Last edited by Cobra; 11-03-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Looks interesting, is this for the in house one they were doing? Or for anyone? And what times are they looking? Will go check there forum.

No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the enemies die for their country.
    Steam:
    anzacchippie

AEF Member
    Hey everyone,

This first round is in-house so we can work out the bugs BUT the next event will be open to around 30 pilots.

Oh, the YMCA joke has been going around for awhile but I made a video as well regarding our TE and how to connect to Bells "B"...

AEF Member
    Gentlemen,

The 801st would like to invite all AEF BMS pilots to our Memorial Day Fun Fly. This will be our second anniversary and we look forward to you guys joining us. Though Memorial Day in the US lands on the 26th of May, I am sure we will need to fly on a different day to accommodate all our pilots as many will be away that weekend.

The Fun Fly is a one day event where we will practise formation flying, aerobatics, missing man formations and anything else people would like to try out. Last year was a serious exhibition in honour of our fallen Comrades Ahip and Wolfie. This year we have decided to make it fun and we hope you guys can attend as we expect no less then 20 pilots on the day.

Also, thank you Cobra for mentioning a live feed... what a great idea!

Fraps'ing will also be done and Eldiablo will put a video montage together for us as well

AEF Member
    Gentlemen,

The 801st has been flying in co-op TE's with the 27th and 20th VFW's. If you would like to join in, please contact Shadow at the 801st forum for more info. I have moved back to QLD so at the moment not setup to fly... yet! Hopefully in a few weeks.

Drop in and Shad can give you all the details as these TE's can host 16+ pilots and everyone is welcome. Must be able to Ramp Start and proficiency level adequate to " hold your own "...

Soon my friends soon!

Awesome cheers Coco. Need to do a few cold starts.

Steam:
    anzacchippie

AEF Member
    CHIPIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I've asked Hollywood and here is the latest from the 27th VFW desk............

All 20th, 27th, 51st, 801st and United Operations are welcome to the next event http://host00797.ve.carpathiahost.net/phpB...wforum.php?f=13 (should be posted soon). Also our operation Abaddon will commence soon, signup here http://27thvfw.org/forums/index.php?board=102.0

AEF Member
    27th VFW is hosting a TE 2 hours from this post... If anyone is interested in joining let Shadow know over at the 801st

AEF Member
    The 27th and 20th VFW are hosting a TE this Tuesday 30th September around 9pm NYC time, 11am Wednesday Sydney time. There are 16 pilot slots of which around 4-5 are still open. If you would like to join and of course are available, then let us know and we can get you on the roster, for sign-ups are mandatory.

Look forward to seeing you guys in the air, for it's been ages!

Coco Loco

AEF Member
    Sounds like fun, thanks coco. Too early for me though I am afraid.

Working hours for me. Should have used that sick day for Tuesday instead of Monday

AEF Member
    20th is putting up a big shindig TE that will be pilot v pilot, no AI in about 4-6 weeks on a weekend. I'll find out more, but from what I've been told there will be SU27's piloted and I will see if we can have some influence in getting F18's into the mix...

Will know more soon!

AEF Member
    Another TE is scheduled for this Wednesday 1100am AEST with the 27th and 20th. There are 24 slots and it looks like there will be a good turnout again... I won't be flying, but if anyone is available do join in.

AEF Member
    As some of you know I relocated back to Brissy and have been go go go the past 7 weeks. Once I get settled in my new place we should have a pow wow, for we have just upgraded our servers and there is plenty to talk about. I'll let you know once I've got my internet connected at home.

Coco Loco

Registered Users
    Hi to all BMS pilots here at the AEF from the 801st.

It looks as though Coco has not done any posts here recently, so here is a brief update on what has been happening over at the 801st.

Firstly, due to the generosity of our members, we have successfully purchased and built a new campaign server, which is located in the US on a very fast connection.

We have also transferred the 801st forum to a new hosting provider, however due to the very old version of IP Board we had, which was not upgradeable, we had to install and set up new forum software.

This meant that all of our existing members needed to re-register - this process is now almost completed. The forum is still located at the old address of http://forum.801sttfw.com/

If anyone here would like to register/re-register with us as a Partner Wing Member, we would be more than happy to have you join us.

Now that all of the hard work is behind us, we are looking forward to ramping up our regular flights, as well as organising joint operations with other groups, such as the AEF.

I will keep you updated with our plans and also look for some feedback regarding campaign and theatre preferences.

I am really looking forward to meeting and flying with all of you in the future.

Cheers

Rebel (801st Wing Leader)

AEF Member
    Hey it has been awhile!

Tomorrow Sunday Co-Op flight 801st AEF Yes Maybe Time?

Thats great guys, will be good to do a few missions again with you all. But I cant seem to log in or get password at the 8 1st. !

Steam:
    anzacchippie

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Hey it has been awhile!

Tomorrow Sunday Co-Op flight 801st AEF Yes Maybe Time?
    Belles server?? Theatre?? Time??

Registered Users
    Hi Chippie,

We had to set up a completely new forum with no data transferred over, so you will need to re-register for access - sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Rebel

AEF Member
    Hey everyone!

We are organising a Fun-Fly to Celebrate our Fallen Comrades at the 801st. This event will be in April with Aerobatics, Boat Races, DF's and more. Please see our thread here:

http://forum.801sttfw.com/index.php?...ight/#entry436

AEF Member
    Last year was a bummer for we wanted to have it around Memorial Day in May but only 4 of us could attend. This year it will be April - date TBA - and if we get a good turnout we might have 12-18 pilots.

My idea is a TE with one airbase as the "showground" just south of Seoul. The satellite airbases is where our squadrons will be based. Each Squadron ie. 161st, 420th, 27th, 20th, 801st will have their individual jets and skins and will take off from their satellite airbase and land at the showgrounds airbase. Then each squadron can do an aerobatics show, high speed passes etc... The other squads can sit in their jets and watch. After all the squads have had some fun, we'll do a formal missing man formation and see if we can get everyone up in the air and do a massive formation flight. After the formalities we will organise a DF Comp and the airspace will be restricted to within the length of the runway and an altitude of say 1000ft. All pilots who are watching will be the judges and this should really get a huge laugh as I'm sure a lot of us will be hitting the ground.

Then we will all fly to Kimpo for the "Boat Race". This is a Reno Air Races style event where we all take off with full burners, smoke on after wheels up, tight right turn at the army camp 100ft ALG at Mach 1.1 past the radio tower at Seoul, through the hangers at Mach 1.2 and a hard right turn over the hill, past the cooling towers at nuclear plant. Bee line it for Kimpo Airbase, airbrakes out, gear down, come to a full stop off the runway - anywhere will do - then refuel as fast as you can and takeoff again for Dog Fight guns only over the airbase against the other survivors. First one to come to a full stop after touchdown is the winner... after that there are no rules in the DF- free for all! Fraps is a must!
    At the moment we have the AHIP Memorial Skin for the F16 and Link is working on the F15C skin for this event.
    Shad I'm sure will be doing Cobras in his SU27 and you are more than welcome to include any jet you like.
    I would like to have a rough schedule - for example: 6-7pm flights arrive, 7-8 aerobatics. 8-9 missing man and formation flying, 9-11 DF and boat races... so allow at least 4 hours for this.

April 11th, Saturday 1800 East Coast USA is what we are shooting for.

Last edited by Coco; 09-03-2015 at 12:27 AM.

AEF Member
    Just want to add as well that The AEF are more than invited to join as individual pilots and no obligation to join as a team/squadron.

Saturday 1800 East Coast USA which is 0900 Brisbane on Sunday seems to be working out nicely for almost everyone.

April 11th is the date...

Roger that Coco, will let you know numbers when sorted.

Steam:
    anzacchippie

Registered Users
    Thanks Chippie - I will have the skins uploaded on the 801st forum prior to the event, you are all welcome to download them to use on the day.

Cheers

AEF Member
    Gentlemen, This is our roster so far:

Asp
    Cali
    Deacon
    Eldiablo
    Link
    Nailer
    Phoenix
    SilentReaper
    Syko
    UpstairsJ
    Rebel
    Shad
    Coco

The 420th:

Spaz
    Shnidrman
    Ram22
    Mud
    Harley

27th VFW:

Hollywood
    Lawndart
    Skat

Will Update as we get more pilots
    Last edited by Coco; 23-03-2015 at 02:07 PM.

AEF Member
    Rebel has done a fantastic job with the TE for the event and your 161st number is assigned to your Squadron at Chongju.

AEF Member
    Hey Guys,

It's getting close to crunch time. Can you let us know who will be flying for the 161st as Flights will need to be created and I would like to have the Event Roster locked down by March 31st. At the moment we have 22 pilots. Hopefully we can handle 36 max if needed.

If all goes to plan, this will be huge!

AEF Member
    Is anyone flying for the 161st for this event?

If not, let us know now...