Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AEF Member

For The 737/800 Enthusiasts

Found this on the Avsim forums, learn to take off and land a real 737/800 in 1 month, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcrpR...e_gdata_player

It is in Flemish but the subs are ok.

wow
    Was final landing still a bit hard ? or better that than bouncing ?

No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the enemies die for their country.
    Steam:
    anzacchippie

AEF Member
    Not as hard and as bouncy as my landings lol. I only take extreme sports people as passengers and have budgeted a new undercarriage for each and every flight :-)

I am doing a sim of this one on the 24th next month.

http://www.flightexperience.com.au/
    Last edited by Fleshpiston; 13-04-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: autocorrect bs

AEF Member
    How much Flesh ? Does anybody fly the PMDG here ?

Quote Originally Posted by RotorWash View Post
    How much Flesh ? Does anybody fly the PMDG here ?
    It's been a long time between drinks for me, but I still remember a few things about PMDG.
    "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering" ~ The Shoveller

AEF Member
    Hey Red

Looks like we're it, ever ventured onto VatPac ?

AEF Member
    I have the PMDG 747, but I haven't used it much.

Only to practice for a selection board

...ever ventured onto VatPac ?
    Used to fly with those guys years ago.. a great bunch, with some extreeeeeemely knowledgeable people. Often very generous with their time, happy to help newcomers, and those with varying levels of skill.

An absolutely superb environment for learning and practicing procedures, both comms and operational.

Highly recommended!

TassieDevil

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiza View Post
    I have the PMDG 747, but I haven't used it much.

Only to practice for a selection board
    I have the 737, don't know how it compares to the 47 though ? If it's anything similar to the 37 and you have some decent procedural add ons, your missing out not using it.

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TassieDevil View Post
    Used to fly with those guys years ago.. a great bunch, with some extreeeeeemely knowledgeable people. Often very generous with their time, happy to help newcomers, and those with varying levels of skill.

An absolutely superb environment for learning and practicing procedures, both comms and operational.

Highly recommended!

TassieDevil
    Thats my conclusion too, only just started to scratch the surface though. Voxatc runs well on my system, but, Vatpac is a whole new ball game.

AEF Member
    I have the 737, don't know how it compares to the 47 though ? If it's anything similar to the 37 and you have some decent procedural add ons, your missing out not using it.
    Yeah I should give it a proper shot. I'm just not sure not sure how long flying airways will hold my attention for. Trip sev looks quite nice.

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiza View Post
    Yeah I should give it a proper shot. I'm just not sure not sure how long flying airways will hold my attention for. Trip sev looks quite nice.
    With good quality addons such as, Pmdg/Majestic, FS2 Crew, VoxAtc/VatPac and active sky next, you will have a full procedural and environment package that would keep the best of us busy and occupied, especially on short hops. Unlike Digital Crash Simulator, I do far more aviating with this set up, than I could ever imagine in DCS. Seeking dots in between the crashes has become a bit long in the tooth for me personally (really hope this changes). Otherwise, I can honestly say, my FSX & bulk addons rarely crash, and I get to finish most of my sorte's with a degree of satisfaction & not frustration.

AEF Member
    Last edited by RotorWash; 02-05-2014 at 12:54 AM.

AEF Member
    Just thought I'd share this very well made vid with anyone interested. A fine example of a very active flight sim community, hi fidelity addons, and a stable multiplayer environment and platform.

Enjoy

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47LPts5rZg4

AEF Member
    PMDG has just released its real time WXR for the 737 NGX on FSX & FSX-SE, not bad for a none evolving platform:-). Not sure this has any relovence here anymore, posted it anyway.

Oh, it's also now available on P3D.

PMDG has just released its real time WXR for the 737 NGX on FSX & FSX-SE, not bad for a none evolving platform:-). Not sure this has any relovence here anymore, posted it anyway.

Oh, it's also now available on P3D.
    P3D all the way

Been looking forward to the 737.

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    P3D all the way

No vids for 737, this one is close enough:-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B3_o3jVUK6A

AEF Member
    P3D all the way

Hey Matt, do you intend to buy the NGX for P3D ?

If so, you have one month to buy at FSX price, if not, its gonna cost ya about $130. You also need ASN for the real time WXR to work. I own the academic version of P3D, but do not have it installed as yet. I don't think it has evolved enough to trash a good FSX install as yet ? The NGX is the most hifidelity and realistic aircraft I own. I do own the A10c in DCS, it feels very convincing, however, I am sceptical due to the lack of real time pilot feedback, this is not the case with the NGX :-)

Going to get the 737 for P3D this weekend.

P3D works well for me, with the extras, ASN, Orbx, A2A aircraft. I'm using v2.4 with a GTX680.

I recently did the Flight Experience in Singapore and enjoyed the 737.

Name:  20150129_160907.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  94.9 KB

AEF Member

P3D works well for me, with the extras, ASN, Orbx, A2A aircraft. I'm using v2.4 with a GTX680.

NGX cold and dark to taxi, is far more extensive and complex than anything you will experience in DCS. For the full experience I would Reccomend FS2Crew (the ngx workload can be overwhelming, without a first officer) and Voxatc for offline and Vatsim for online ATC. Without FS2 Crew ( from cold and dark), it will take you fifteen minutes to program the FMC, and half an hour to start the aircraft, so your first officer is really handy in both initial start up and in flight, he is very obedient in voice commands too. With Vatsim or VoxAtc, you won't have time to seek targets lol. I got the A2A Cherokee, 172, and P51D (shame it's not combat capable, slightly better flight dynamics than dcs P51D and pretty'er, supported by real time pilots). I also have the Majestic Dash 8 and DodoSim Bell Jetranger, that is all I fly on the FSX platform ( more than enough lol). What are you flying In P3D ?

This is a must if you have a tablet:-

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2LE1...e_gdata_player

Last edited by RotorWash; 08-03-2015 at 10:12 AM.

I've been mainly flying the A2A 182 and the Cherokee, in between Iracing and DCS. There's just never enough time.

You should consider P3D.

AEF Member
    . There's just never enough time.You should consider P3D.
    Thats why I like to stick to a platform that's not unofficialy in beta (I prefer flying to beta testing). I'm waiting for the 64 bit version of P3D before I Concidor taking the plunge. I have a very very stable and well performing version of FSX, despite the high volume of addons, periferals, and high settings. Unlike DCS, fps is not such a big issue in FSX, despite that, I still have 35 + fps at the most demanding airports, with the most demanding addon aircraft, weather, scenery, clouds, etc, etc. I only see marginal improvements in P3D as it stands at the moment, after all, it's only FSX with most of the known tweeks and SDK, (its supposed to be a training product, not an entertainment product). I know it has pretty shadows an all, but that's about all DX11 brings to the platform at the moment. P3D is still touch and go with addon compatibility, if this changes before the 64 bit version arrives, I may concidor ? Ill stick with FSX for the time being, Don't fix it if it ain't broken :-)

If you would like to jump on Vatsim/private server sometime, and go for a quick spin up the UK or Australian coast, send me a PM and well arrange something.

I don't think I will ever be able to fly civil avation sims. DCS has spoiled me for graphics(Mostly) and insane realism. Shame microsoft stopped the flight simulator franchise and made that abomination Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shini_Otoba View Post
    I don't think I will ever be able to fly civil avation sims. DCS has spoiled me for graphics(Mostly) and insane realism. Shame microsoft stopped the flight simulator franchise and made that abomination Flight.
    That's a shame.

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shini_Otoba View Post
    Yep, clearly delusional lol :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZo6...e_gdata_player

AEF Member
    Yep, clearly delusional lol :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZo6...e_gdata_player
    looks good although that was a bit of a bump on landing (the flare was a bit too shallow).

Haven't fired up FSX for yonks. My biggest problem is getting enough time to focus on something lol....what with DCS and ARMA 3 and Elite: Dangerous and Don Bradman Cricket...not to mention the individual type ratings you need to properly operate each aircraft in DCS (which I still think is a heck of a lot more tedious than FSX..yes even the PMDG 737s). You can jump into any a/c in FSX and operate it but not necessarily in DCS.

Still though, FSX is a beautiful sim. I would love to one day be able to combine the two.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body" - old Army saying

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    looks good although that was a bit of a bump on landing (the flare was a bit too shallow).

Haven't fired up FSX for yonks. My biggest problem is getting enough time to focus on something lol....what with DCS and ARMA 3 and Elite: Dangerous and Don Bradman Cricket...not to mention the individual type ratings you need to properly operate each aircraft in DCS (which I still think is a heck of a lot more tedious than FSX..yes even the PMDG 737s). You can jump into any a/c in FSX and operate it but not necessarily in DCS.

Still though, FSX is a beautiful sim. I would love to one day be able to combine the two.

The flare is realistically extremely shallow on the 737/800, due to the winglets, infact, the 737/800 (with winglets) will flare itself, due to ground effect. A smooth touchdown in the 737/800 Is a precision controlled stall (which he did not get quite right). FSIPanel is a good addon to practice and confirm this, and scores you on your approach/touchdown and rollout. You would need to be retired to have time for all them games lol. I find DCS aircraft no different to default FSX aircraft, regarding ease of flying (perhaps a little more complex). The only complex thing about DCS aircraft is the weapons systems. Anything default in FSX is terrible, havn't flown a default fsx aircraft for years. PMDG refuses to do a military version of the 737 (eg, Poisedon) due to the information being classified. Due to this, I don't see how DCS can provide a realistic weapons platform for most of their advanced aircraft, therefore, I am convinced that the weapons systems in DCS are an educated guess. I take my simulation quite seriously, and generally, only fly aircraft that are endorsed by real time pilots. DCS is great fun, I look forward to it becoming a better flight simulator (I hang out here with optimism). Having said that, I believe some of the present DCS modules like P51D, UH1, the new WW2 aircraft, and of course, the A10c, have a lot going for them. However, realistic or not, my favorite is still the KA50. My biggest disappointment in DCS, was the introduction of FC3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Goi...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by RotorWash; 10-03-2015 at 01:56 PM.

AEF Member

I did one of these just prior to Xmas, it was Woefull :-(. I won't go into all the details, most of the hardware was inoperable. Hope you had a better experience ?
    https://www.jetflightsimulator.com.au/

AEF Member
    I don't play FC3 much - most of my time is usually spent in the A10 or Huey. I've been meaning to get back into the Mig but I can never get enough time *sigh*

I used to spend lots of hours flying in FSX with my online VA (TAAG). Most of my flights were limited to 1-2 hours so I stuck mainly to flying Aust Air Express routes around Aust with VATSIM. Funny...I used to get so nervous when chatting to ATC (but these guys were always excellent and helpful). I shouldn't belittle the PMDG 737 - its a great a/c and I loved flying it. Though nothing beat just taking out a helicopter or single engine Cessna and buzzing around the country side, esp with the additional stuff that you could for Aust scenery.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body" - old Army saying