Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlefield Battle Royale(with cheese)

What do people think about having a little tournament between each other on Battlefield 4

Gamemode: Squad Deathmatch
    Teams: 1v1 style or 2v2 style - (when i say 1v1 its not just 1v1's its so any amount of players can play at the same time if SDM can have lots of squads same with 2v2's)

If there are plenty of squad slots then we could have some 1v1 type battles, other then that it will just be 2v2 type battles.
    (If the 2v2 style of battle then we will have to think of a way to get teams together(People pick for themselfs or everyone gets a number from me and then I use a number generator and sort the teams))

Question - How many squads can we have at once on squad deathmatch if only 4 will most likely be 2v2...'s

Please comment and tell me your thoughts!

(If any spelling mistakes tell me and I will correct if you feel strongly about it(you Grammar Nazi))

people participating: (adding names ever now and then)
    HawtDaawwgg
    Angrybstard
    Skid
    Bowie
    Dongal
    jacewraith
    I2essurected
    SplatteryPants
    Phatdigga
    Last edited by HawtDaawwgg; 06-05-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Could a handicap system be incorporated? (so it's not dominated by one of our "Alien Quickdraw McGraw Elites")

Oh, and what do you win? (bragging rights could be a bit...meh, lol)

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

i guess you could have a handicap system, I'm not 100% how to work it out but yeah if people what to help out maybe...and well it was just meant to be a fun little side event while the 10v10s are off season

Well, if a good system can be worked out.... I'll see what I can do about some prizes to help make it worthwhile.

I'm keen. To be honest, I don't even mind if there is no 'prize'. Still be fun anyway.

This is an awesome idea Hawtdawg we could just create a thread that has all the teams and a tournament type pyramid with a different map per stage.

Zavod Dawnb Resort locker

00000.........00000.........winner

Something like this......

Lets give it a few days and people can try to pick teams
    Last edited by Bowie; 01-05-2014 at 08:03 PM.
    DB (BF3) 5v5 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 10v10/8v8 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 16v16 | Legal Corps (BF4) 5v5 | AEF OPS

Ok nps, if not fussed on prizes, was just an idea I thought you guys might've liked added.

I think prized are a good idea. Weather it's a sticker or something. At the end maybe a front page post with the results and the final winners
    DB (BF3) 5v5 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 10v10/8v8 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 16v16 | Legal Corps (BF4) 5v5 | AEF OPS

Live Stream 'em.

Yeah for sure skid. I think we need to do some test streams to gauge quality

Put a [REQUEST] post in "Operations".. to help get it organized.

PS: Penguin in OPS could be the one to help if not busy. He did a great 12hr stream for 2CAV not long ago.
    Last edited by Skid; 01-05-2014 at 10:21 PM.

AEF Member
    who wants to be on my team

Have a ranking system something like this:

All players/teams have 1000 points at the start.
    Each winner takes points from the losser.

If the winner is higher ranked then the losser, the winner takes less.
    If the winner is lower ranked then the losser, the winner takes more.
    If the players is around the same ranking then the amount is normal.

*(even, lower, and higher are rankings)*

Winner gains:
    7% even vs even
    14% lower vs higher
    3% higher vs lower

Loser loses:
    4%
    7%
    2%

(these numbers can change)

If a player (any ranking unless you are bottom of the ladder) is challenging lower players to much and winning he will lose 3x more if he loses (this number will diffrent if they are higher or lower even by 1 place) and gains only 1%.

Anyone can challenge anyone but as i have said if a person is challenging lower players to much then they will have a penalty untill they:
    a) lose x amount of games
    b) set time have to wait with out challenging players (can defend yourself if challenged)

You can not challenge the same person untill you have played atleast 1 other match (this number will change depending on the number of players wanting to do this(lets just say if we had 20 then i would say 2 maybe 3 matches)).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 3 will be classed as higher.
    Bottom 3 will be classed as lower.
    Everyone that is in the middle are even.
    Players in the middle will have a light classing of high and low (not sure how it will work but a % of your rank will = what other players are to you, so lets just say its 50% of your rank is above and 25% is below and you are 10 then 5 ranks above and 3 below are all in the even classing for you so you will get the even vs even gains and loses(anything over these numbers means you are in the higher or lower class of points).

Win loss and draws will facture into your spot on the end ladder aswell.
    y = amount of wins, losses or draws.
    win = 65 x y = a
    loss = -15 x y = a
    draw = 23 x y = a

At the start of the season for a few days or something everyone will be even, then the point system will kick in.

Please comment and share your thoughts.
    Last edited by HawtDaawwgg; 05-05-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Nice work there HD. ...Let's get it in motion.

agreed lets have a chat over a lemonade and nutt out the final details

The First AEF Battlefield 4
    Tournament 01

2v2

Name:  boxing-gloves.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  30.7 KB

I think the best way to start this off is to do a Tournament set up for the first one, then after we have completed this we will know the level of interest to be able to conduct our own inter AEF Ladder.

- we will have say? "10 teams" and we randomly select teams from those interested. (thus preventing 1 or 2 teams domination)
    - The Tournament will run for about a week depending on peoples availability.
    - Once we have teams we will randomly pair up teams to challenge. If beaten you are eliminated.
    - Each round will be a different map.
    - Game mode will be squad death match

The only limitations are the fact that we only have 2 servers and only a few of us can change the details, however we are online a lot to be able to set them up on request.

Name:  Tournament2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  74.0 KB

I think this will work well as a Pre ladder bit of fun, and we can have many tournaments.

If you are interested put your name down below.

Bowie+1
    Last edited by Bowie; 06-05-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Put Skid's name in the hat.

Will each round team pairings be shuffled aswell? ....(ie: teams do not stay as the same pair for each round if successful)

I was gonna keep the team of 2 together for the whole tournament.
    And only round 1 will be random for team Vs team ( as it will be completely random for round 1 it wont matter for the rest of the rounds)

By doing it this way the same people are not necessarily going to always win because good team may face off early in the comp and get eliminated.

There will also be a rule in regards to how long you can leave your scheduled match, before you auto four-fit. For example your team is up to round 2 and your opponent has been identified you have a certain time to conduct that match, this will stop the tournament dragging out over a long time. ( NOTE: we will make all attempts to remind/poke you, Website, TS, PM etc)

We will have designated Admins that will enter scores and update board.

How are pairs selected for a team?

Time to polish up the MG

No sig

Angry im pretty sure its plenty shiny.

skid> i will randomly do it (e.g from a hat)

Hats are for wabbits... Here's a List Shuffler ...and NO keep clicking your mouse button until you pair up with an alien...right!

Lol skid. Would I do that? No trust!
    and btw I want actually going to use a hat I didn't really think it mattered how I randomised the names, as long as it was random.

AEF Member
    Ill go

sounds like a good time

I'm in.

Pick me!
    Nemo me impune lacessit

+1

Can we create a new forum area under Battlefield for inter aef tourneys? We could then compile the information into threads alot easier. I'm having to re-read HD and Bowie's posts to get an idea of what is going on. It will also help for posting results and having the selected admins moderate the forum.

Also, i think we need to nominate the admins soon and get them all on ts together to iron out the creases so to speak. Creation of a new forum should happen at the same time I would imagine so a vBulletin (forum) admin will need to be on too.

Agreed?

I agree ress.
    Vindi or davie could we please have this organised when you have the time.
    as for admins I was thinking we keep ress, myself, angel, and HD seen it was his idea to get it going.
    Angel, res, and myself have server access. I think 4 admins would be fine more can be added if necessary.
    i believe we should draft a front page article also to put it out to the rest of the AEF as everyone is welcome not just Battalion members.
    Last edited by Bowie; 07-05-2014 at 12:06 PM.