Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    as for admins I was thinking we keep ress, myself, angel, and HD seen it was his idea to get it going.
    Angel, res, and myself have server access. I think 4 admins would be fine more can be added if necessary.
    Agreed, 4 should be fine with 3 having server access.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    i believe we should draft a front page article also to put it out to the rest of the AEF as everyone is welcome not just Battalion members.
    Also agree. The new sub-forum should be under the "Battlefield" main forum as well, not under "Battalion".

I noted in your little diagram too Bowie that it only has team vs team per tier. If we are doing SQDM then it should be team vs team vs team vs team (4 teams) and we will have to base points on when a team gets eliminated completely from the game and in what order.

Jacewraith and myself have discussed an idea that could work well being that each team only has one life per person so it becomes more a game of skill and tactics rather than just running around blindly hoping you get the first shot in. Also, removing the mini map completely might be an idea too as this promotes communication between the players within each team. If the idea of having only 1 life (similar to 'defuse' or 'Search and Destroy" for COD fans) is used we will have to implement a time limit so as players cant just camp in a corner and hope everyone else dies. As it is only 8 players, maybe 2-3 minute rounds? and 4 rounds per match? Of course, alternatively, it could be "last-man-standing" sort of deal but I think, personally, this promotes camping a bit too much.

Just a thought. Chatting on TS would certainly be alot easier sorting this stuff out

I will jump on tonight if your available, I was thinking something completely different tho.
    DB (BF3) 5v5 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 10v10/8v8 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 16v16 | Legal Corps (BF4) 5v5 | AEF OPS

I should be, depending on how work goes. I've been crook so that's why I haven't been on this week but I'll try to get on tonight.

Would be good if HawtDawg is on too....
    Last edited by I2essurected; 07-05-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Agreed
    DB (BF3) 5v5 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 10v10/8v8 | AEF Battalion (BF4) 16v16 | Legal Corps (BF4) 5v5 | AEF OPS

why not test both ideas? I would be more than happy to help test

No sig

Maybe we could set up a server tonight and do a couple of trial runs

AEF Member
    I'll be on tonight, so we can go through some scenarios
    BF4 BATTALION MEMEBER
    -------------------------------------------------
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Sounds good. Testing also sounds like a good idea!

What we found from last night:

- SQDM is definitely the way to go with 4 sqauds (or teams) of 2 soldiers per squad
    - 15 minute time limit per round with 50 tickets for a win. 50 tickets seems unlikely to achieve on most maps so the highest to lowest ticket count will be used for results.
    - 3 rounds per match seemed to be the most fair and best result. Scores per round to be accumulated and totaled at the end of the match.
    - Lowest ticket count (score) at the end of the match is eliminated from the next round of matches.
    - We spoke about having a 'losing' pool of people that could play each other after the first round of matches. There was quite a bit of 'for' and 'against' on this though as we want the entire comp to run over a short period of time, like 2 weeks.
    - As the comp will be over a short period of time, only active players can participate that think they can make it to all games.
    - Squads (or teams) will be picked randomly using a match generator that Angel has found.
    - Server will be set with "Regenerate Health" set OFF and "Force Reload Full Magazine" set to ON. We believe this made it that little bit more real, more challenging, promoted team work more and slightly less camping.
    - Only vanilla weapons and gadgets allowed. Generally, normal CG (cybergamers) 5v5 rules to be used i.e. no motion balls, TUGS, spawn beacons, no rooftops etc.

Other points to consider:
    - I think a few days of pre-comp training should be given to allow players that have not really played that much with one another to do so and gives the squad (or team) a chance to learn each others strengths and weaknesses.
    - What seemed to be the best combination of kits was Assault with a med-bag and Support with ammo-bag. The gun choice was highly a personal preference and very map specific. It became less crucial for the assault kit soldier to choose a gun with more ammo if they had a supporting squad mate.
    - Sticking together in almost the same location and roaming together with your squad mate seemed a lot more effective than "rambo's" or "lone rangers". Checking corners and good communication could be the difference in winning or losing the match.

Bowie and HawtDawg, can you please expand on this where possible or modify if needed. Angel, please elaborate on the selection of squads if needed. Others who participated in the tests last night also feel free to have your input.

As Angry mentioned last night, we really need to get this going within the next week so all who are interested please post in this thread for now. We will try to have a separate forum, or thread at the very least, that has all the information and rules once established.

---I2es

This is what the tournament generator came up with but I had to include 4 people that have not actually shown interest to make up the numbers (we can shuffle around as needed though, one team might have to have a 'bye' though for it to work) and of course we would be having 4 teams playing at once, not just 2:

Name:  Battle_Royale.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  46.5 KB

Looks very good, I really think that if we keep doing these in the future and were we are always paired with someone diffrent, it will really strengthen our team(i think(getting to know everyone and work with them one on one))

Also do we want the teams picked now so the teams can pairing up in-game and just roaming around with each other (practice if you like), or have the teams picked before or on the day of the matches?

I would imagine giving people a couple of days notice of who they are going to be paired with is best. Gives them a chance to practice with each other, if needed.

I would like to put a Front page article out there to get the word out and have people PM one of us to add them to the list.

So after a match of 4 teams of 2, the losers will be eliminated.
    The next round will be randomly selected again to have different teams VSing. ( the loser of this round been eliminated)

This will change depending on the amount of teams we get:
    For example

Starting with 8 teams (16 people)

Round 1

8 Teams

2 Matches of 4 teams each

Round 2

6 Teams

2 Matches of 3 teams each

Round 3

4 Teams

2 matches 2 Teams each

Round 4

2 Teams

Grand Final 2v2

So it will end up being TDM more than SQDM really? Maybe we should just make it TDM from the beginning? Will give people a little more time for matches and the comp will last longer than 3 days... just a thought. Also easier to work out the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by I2essurected View Post
    Can we create a new forum area under Battlefield for inter aef tourneys? We could then compile the information into threads alot easier. I'm having to re-read HD and Bowie's posts to get an idea of what is going on. It will also help for posting results and having the selected admins moderate the forum.

Also, i think we need to nominate the admins soon and get them all on ts together to iron out the creases so to speak. Creation of a new forum should happen at the same time I would imagine so a vBulletin (forum) admin will need to be on too.

Agreed?
    Done, new forum up with moderators as per Bowie.

Thanks Klinky.

Thanks

Who will have access to see this forum?? EVERYONE?
    Last edited by Bowie; 09-05-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Only AEF members Bowie. It can be reduced to just Battalion members if you like.

Na i would like all AEF Members to be able to see it thanks Klink

all AEF can see it, so I'll leave it as it is.

AEF Member
    hey boys yeah real keen lets get it on!

ill add u to the list

already have

I noticed that thanks HawtDaawwgg