Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    That's one excellent picture, indeed.

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Some news. WINGS!?

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...3a4e&e#thebeta

The Beta Goes On

We couldn’t be where we are today without our community. Players have been integral to the development of Elite: Dangerous over the past two years and it’s been a two-way relationship that’s set to continue throughout 2015. We have a number of major updates planned throughout the year, and our Beta backers will get exclusive access first. Beta participants will play on a separate client so testing won't keep you from playing the regular game, and all participants can continue to play the full retail game while testing is ongoing.

We’ll have ways for new players to join our existing Beta backers very soon and we’ll have details on how you can sign up in an upcoming newsletter.

Beta backers will be the first to experience Elite: Dangerous 1.1 in the first week of February and with their help we’re hoping to roll out the update to everyone one week later. We’ll be talking next week about how 1.1 will introduce a new way to collaborate with other players in the galaxy in preparation for 1.2’s major Wings update in early March.

For now we have good news for anyone embarking on a long journey. The 1.1 update will increase the maximum distance for the route planner by ten times – up to 1,000 light years – and you might just see our new look gas giants along the way...

yeah, saw that in the newsletter, in 1.2 multiplayer interaction is developed. 1.1 is out is Feb, 1.2 a couple months later. Good times ahead.

AEF Member
    Add ManKid to the roster please

Also using Saitek x55 Rigby, lets catch up and compare button configs sometime

I've just upgraded to my first ship, Adder and am starting to run Bounty Hunting missions from cargo hauling and already making much more money, but it's very shy of the several million you guys were talking about. Any more tips or pointers for us newbs? ^_^
    "Growing old is compulsory, Growing up is optional"

I think we need our own squadron. Who better to lead it than our own Tassie. Anyone want to second that :P

I second this. Is 1.1 out?

I think that means its official. Am i correct?

Yep. Gratz Tassie.

Congrats Tassie on the new position

lol,
    he doesn't even get a say in it. Congrats. Spida, 1.1 is out in beta, should be out to all next week.

Haha Klink he had his say in it. I'm pretty sure it was "no, no way in hell". But there's no one better for the job

AEF Member
    Grats Tassie
    "Growing old is compulsory, Growing up is optional"

When do we get our official ED teamspeak channel? :P

Up 2 ur new CO.

Registered Users
    BETA 1.1 tip:

for those of you who are playing the beta....a quip money making tip is to purchase a 100cr type 9 and sell/downgrade all components (leaving thrusters until last) and this will give you up to 3 million-ish
    then repeat this process (do not sell but store your stripped type 9)

you can store up to 25 type 9s per station max.

the reason for doing this is so you can purchase bigger ships to try them out before you buy them in the real game. so all you budding Anaconda/Python pilots...you can at least have a test drive.....and please note this will all disappear once 1.1 goes live.

Version 1.1 is now live.

Just tried to update my first post with this info but the edit isn't displaying properly... aggh.

Patch notes here. Most importantly... COMMUNITY GOALS ARE HERE!

TassieDevil
    Last edited by TassieDevil; 11-02-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Nice. Will update when or if I get home.

Tassie, you're link for community goals isn't working.

Well, it's official, the Multi player part of this game will be out early March and it sounds promising.

"Codenamed “Wings,” 1.2 will let players form a four-player wing using the comms panel in your ship UI in the Open Play or Private Groups modes. Players flying with wingmen share ship data with the whole group, including hull and shield statuses, locations and current targets. All wingmen participating in a successful attack on a Wanted NPC or player will share in the bounty, and players can even lock-on to their wingmen to slave their Frame Shift Drive, automatically following friends when they engage faster-than-light travel."

"But the galaxy is prepared for the increased threat presented by coordinated wings. New signal sources will present players with larger, deadlier encounters against overwhelming forces, encouraging close cooperation and teamwork to share in the high-priced bounties on offer. Oh, and don’t forget: AI-piloted ships can form up in flights of their own."

Is there a post/link somewhere about comparing ships? I believe I saw one some time ago, or was linked it, but can't find it now.

Goldleader added to the player list.

Damn I'm missing playing this as badly as ARMA3, especially since my tea mugs and keyring arrived from the UK Hope to be back in the 'verse soon.

elite.jpg ed-keyring-2.jpg

Last edited by TassieDevil; 14-06-2015 at 02:52 PM.

nice Tassie.

Looking forward to a play Tassie.. love the cup and key ring..

I need a release date! >_<

Looks like it's a separate expansion, running in parallel with the main game.

"These worlds are gigantic, and - like the open galaxy - you'll be able to go anywhere. You'll be able to fly over the surface in low orbit and choose your spot to land, you'll be able to venture out in your Surface Recon Vehicle and hurtle across the surface at high speed. You'll be able to sneak around or go in all guns blazing. The nimble SRV is tiny compared to your ship, and is virtually invisible on a long range scanner – ship-based weapons will find it very hard to hold a lock on them, but airborne and ground-based players can explore the same worlds together, so watch the skies!"

"
    Of course support will continue for Elite Dangerous even outside of Elite Dangerous: Horizons, and we’re keeping the community together. All Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons players will share the same galaxy together and you’ll retain all your progress whenever you choose to join our new season of expansions.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons will be available to pre-order on our store today, and I’m very happy to announce all existing Elite Dangerous players will receive a 10 loyalty discount off the Horizons retail price. Existing players will also unlock the exclusive Cobra Mk IV ship in Elite Dangerous: Horizons. The Cobra Mk IV will be available in the game only to players who joined us in the first year – forever. It’s our ‘thank you’ for your faith in the game, and you’ll see more of the Cobra Mk IV in Friday’s Peek Of The Week."

Starting this evening, over the next few evenings hopefully, a few of us will be gathering in TS to take a look at the new PowerPlay content, to see if we can get our heads around it all. This is a significant addition to the ED galaxy that, at first glance, brings considerably more depth to the game. This is sure to be welcomed by any players who have previously thought that ED is about grinding with some particular activity. Please come along if you're interested in sorting it out with us.

I've got a meeting to attend tonight, so will be absent until about 9.30pm or so.

In the meantime, speak to Zed. He can advise what we've done so far.

See you in the 'verse.

TassieDevil

For anyone who has ED already and wants to add it to steam, heres how i did it

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148965