AEF Member

Asseto corsa hotlap nordschleife.

Any love here for AC. Got the game couple weeks ago, After racing in Rfactor for a awhile ,It took me a little time to get used to AC but I think I like it better in a lot of ways. Rfactor does better churpys though .
    I'm going to push for an Aussie 24\7 nordschleife practice server eventually.The only Green hell server running is in France with 375 ping . Pepe Le Pew not happy with me so yeh I will be banned from there soon as I have been warned Anyways here is My PB thus far in the fezza.

http://youtu.be/bILSPo1UMaE?list=UU2...qkx-eeRgl4ndEA

AC is in beta for $39.99 steam.
    RUF is on its way.
    Last edited by -cacophony-; 19-11-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Nice vid Caco. I was just talking to Zomba at the weekend about AC and Iracing. You should also consider giving Iracing a go, if you want competative online racing.

The Iracing channel in our Teamspeak has voice activation set instead of push to talk. So you can concentrate on those lines, rather than finding a button to press.

AEF Member
    [QUOTE=Matt;386088]Nice vid Caco. I was just talking to Zomba at the weekend about AC and Iracing. You should also consider giving Iracing a go, if you want competative online racing.

The Iracing channel in our Teamspeak has voice activation set instead of push to talk. So you can concentrate on those lines, rather than finding a button to press

Cheers Matt and thanks for the invite.I love watching EmptyBox vids he is very entertaining and a great sim racer.
    Yeh not sure IR is my kinda thing ,Im a bit of a sunday driver with the odd race thrown in here and there but that could all change .
    I have a few questions about IR Matt if you would'nt mind shedding some light.

In IR If I was to race one series for one season,say indycar season. How much money would that cost ?
    And how long does the season last ?
    How many races a month would I get ?
    Can I have open practice on each track in the season in single player ?
    Do they have nordschleife events ?
    cheers cac.
    EDIT.
    OMG I did some googling and found this.This is for 1 season.Hold onto ya hat.

For oval, total cost is probably in the region of, easily, 500 dollars. Bearing in mind that you would need to buy a couple of other oval cars and the Gen 6 plus almost all of the tracks, especially if you wanted to run a full season in the NASCAR iRacing Series which follows the real life NASCAR schedule. also remember not all tracks are $11.95, some are $14.95.

However, the cost is totally worth it, I have all the content on iRacing and don't regret it at all.

Yeh think I will skip IR.
    Last edited by -cacophony-; 20-11-2014 at 07:25 AM.

AEF Member
    $500 is not at all true. Don't know where people pull these figures from.

Seasons are 12 weeks long, open practice servers run all the time and offline testing is always available. Races generally run every two hours per series.

Cost is 12 per month. This includes content to get you into the rookie series plus some extras, additional content is $15 per car and 12-15 per track.

You won't be able to just jump straight into the Indy car series, you will need to earn the licence class before, by being a safe driver.

=Proud Member of the 1st LAV Battalion=
    AEF EVE
    AEF Racing

AEF Member

AEF EVE
    AEF Racing

Lol caco

If you sign up to Iracing for 2 years, it costs you $3.73 a month. How much is a bottle of beer in Oz at the moment , or a pint in the UK ? It's $6.27 for a pint in the UK.

As Mezevenf said, live online practice sessions are on all the time, and races are every two hours. You will have to build up your licence to get into the Indy series. If you do 8 races ( 8 weeks ) out of the season which has 12 weeks (different circuit each week) Iracing gives money back up to $10. So you can use this to buy more tracks and cars.

Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit is being laser scanned at the moment, ready for Iracing. If you want a racing sim that has excellent fps and game performance and good competitive online racing, then you can't beat iracing.
    Last edited by Matt; 20-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.

AEF Member
    I can understand how the racing would be nice an clean but adding up the figure's for what I do just seem's like IR is taking the piss IMO.
    Have you guys tried Assetto corsa ? the physics are very very good and it looks great and FPS are fine the UI is outstanding.Too many good things about AC to list here.The FFB is amazing to me in AC once set up right.

Nordschleife laser scanned is coming to AC soon as well.
    I spent $39 and I have everything in the game plus they are adding free mods like the RUF and others for free Plus heaps of modders to add tracks and cars.Of course there will be some DLC you have to pay for but its mine for ever,none of this monthly cost and paying for cars and tracks just seems like a money trap to me. Yeh I don,t want to be locked into a 2 year contract like its a mobile phone even though its only $3.75 or $12 month.
    $15 car $15 dollars track!!! now I can see that getting expensive. The whole thing scares me.
    Not for me yet guys and thanks for the reply's and I hope I did'nt rattled any ones chain .

I have only raced twice in AC and it was pretty good as long as you are running with faster guys.In Nordschleife online practice I have had more fun having 1vs1 battles with the guys that are at my level.
    Personally I am more interested in older tracks ,I dont like the smooth perfect tracks of todays era and AC delivers on that.It just suites me better I think.
    Thanks again for the advise and info guys and if you have not tried AC ,you should give it a go

AEF Member
    Yea it won't be for everyone. IRacing is there for the competition and best compared to a sports hobby, AC is more for the casual driver I think. I play all racing sims and they have their place.

AEF EVE
    AEF Racing

I have it, but look out for Zomba he has an 8th ranking on one track from memory.

"161 SQN flys the AEF flag the highest"

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
    I have it, but look out for Zomba he has an 8th ranking on one track from memory.
    That's pretty good ,he must be on RSR live timing ,I am yet to install that but looking at the ranks I would be 17th on world ranking at the nord. Still early days I have to find 11sec some how to beat the best witch is around 6:30 If I keep with the 458gt2. So many good cars to choose from.
    Do you get into it much Panthro ?
    EDIT
    just got 6:37:45 .moving on up!
    Last edited by -cacophony-; 21-11-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -cacophony- View Post
    I can understand how the racing would be nice an clean but adding up the figure's for what I do just seem's like IR is taking the piss IMO.

Have you guys tried Assetto corsa ? the physics are very very good and it looks great and FPS are fine the UI is outstanding.Too many good things about AC to list here.The FFB is amazing to me in AC once set up right.

Nordschleife laser scanned is coming to AC soon as well.
    I spent $39 and I have everything in the game plus they are adding free mods like the RUF and others for free Plus heaps of modders to add tracks and cars.Of course there will be some DLC you have to pay for but its mine for ever,none of this monthly cost and paying for cars and tracks just seems like a money trap to me. Yeh I don,t want to be locked into a 2 year contract like its a mobile phone even though its only $3.75 or $12 month.
    $15 car $15 dollars track!!! now I can see that getting expensive. The whole thing scares me.
    Not for me yet guys and thanks for the reply's and I hope I did'nt rattled any ones chain .

I have only raced twice in AC and it was pretty good as long as you are running with faster guys.In Nordschleife online practice I have had more fun having 1vs1 battles with the guys that are at my level.
    Personally I am more interested in older tracks ,I dont like the smooth perfect tracks of todays era and AC delivers on that.It just suites me better I think.
    Thanks again for the advise and info guys and if you have not tried AC ,you should give it a go
    When I watched your video(s), the first thought I was.. "Who the hell ironed out the Nordschleife ???".

I've been out of sim racing circles for some years now (started with GPL, N2003, GTR, finished with GTR2, all with a plethora of mods and hundreds of tracks), and I'd never heard of AC before now, but I don't think that's a very good representation of the track or the car handling. They've captured the elevation changes quite nicely.. the "up hill and down dale" nature of the Green Hell.. but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too smooooooth. The car looks like it's on rails. Either that, or it's got the world's best performing undercarriage and suspension system (which, being a Ferrari, it may actually have, come to think of it.. ) But seriously, the ride looks too smooth, and so makes the car physics look more like an arcade game.. not a sim. Another thing that gives this away is how little work you were doing on the steering wheel. The driver actually having to do some work was much more evident in the Oulton Park video in iR.

'Twas nice to see the Lotus 49 in the next vid. Noticed you had to work a bit harder driving that.. But Jim Clarke would be turning in his grave if he saw how that thing handled.. uugh.!!!

I do miss my online racing. Shame health issues put an end to it. Now I just shoot people in the face (ARMA3), or jolly around the galaxy (Elite: Dangerous).

TassieDevil
    Last edited by TassieDevil; 21-11-2014 at 04:48 PM.

AEF Member
    Its funny you say this.I am a huge GT legends fan and I did put some time into GPL and I played all the sinbin titles and have them all.I tell you its not as hard as GTL. The Track is still very bumpy and unforgiving but the more you drive it the more you learn how to make it easy on the the car and the handling,I honestly think it is very good representation of real driving and not a simcade .In other words I make it look more simpler than it actualy is.Put ya foot down on the wrong bump or curb and you are gone.
    Also there is a 1975 version of the track and that is twice as bumpy and hard.
    yes the ferrari 458 is a very very good handling car. I think Sinbin games make driving harder than it actually is and that is why I love AC ,all the cars are easy to drive,just like in real life but once you are driving on the razors edge limit ,things start to get real hard. as you would expect in real life racing.
    Sorry to hear you have health issues.
    Also I watched a short documentry of Tiff needle playing race sims and when he raced the ferrari in GT5 he said that it is way more forging and easy to drive in real life and thats in GT5 lolz.
    About the lotus and having to work harder,well I had just got the game so I was not used to the car so much ,I was driving the 458 the same way till I ironed out my skillz.Yeh its harder but I was driving horribly ,I like driving a smooth as possible usually.
    Also forgot to add that this greenhell is the same one coverted from GTR2 by snoopy.
    Empty box(same bloke as the vid Matt put up above) sum's it all up perfectly in this older upload,keep in mind the this is an old vid and things have been more refined and AC is always improving.Its how the game makes you feel on a personal level.
    http://youtu.be/GsLfEzeJUs0
    This is a good vid for emersion with the Oculus Rift and the bloke is not making it look easy.
    http://youtu.be/afMpH1sF-V0
    Last edited by -cacophony-; 21-11-2014 at 07:46 PM.