Thread: Iracing News

Iracing News

New Monza circuit out in a few weeks.

iRacing.com, the world’s premier online racing game, today announced a formal agreement with Renault to add two new single seat race cars, the Formula Renault 2.0 and the Formula Renault 3.5. These cars join the more than 40 vehicles already available on iRacing and will be integrated into the open wheel ladder system on iRacing that includes: the Skip Barber Formula 2000, Pro Mazda, Dallara DW12 Indycar, Williams FW31 and soon to be released McLaren–Honda MP4-30.

http://www.iracing.com/iracingnews/i...ne-racing-game

F1 McLaren MP4-30 car, Nürburgring’s Nordschleife and GP-Strecke

This is the VLN layout, that combines the Nordschleife and the short Grand Prix Circuit, in the Mazda MX-5. iRacing subscribers that want to run this combined version of the track will have to purchase both the Nordschleife and the Grand Prix track when they become available on December 8!

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Watch the 2016 iRacing World Championship Grand Prix Series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-cuMtchWSw&feature=youtu.be

Lots happening this week.

Trial version of upgraded graphics engine DX11

The Audi R8 LMS, Mercedes AMG GT3 and Formula Renault 2.0 round out the list of of new cars available. Audi and Mercedes are two of the most successful manufacturers in recent history and the FR 2.0 gives iRacers another choice in the open wheel arena.

The 2016 Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Car is FREE to all members and will replace the previous generation MX-5 Cup and Roadster in the Rookie level series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rNxCWoB3l4

Hi Guys,

Tested the new DX11 iRacing version yesterday in my shiny new Skip Barber at the Canadian Tires Motorsport Park (First round of season 2 is there). My understanding is that DX9 can do anything that DX11 can do, but, DX11 has more advanced libraries which result in less demand on the PC. Interestingly, a DX9 installation will record greater fps than a DX11, but as you add more objects (cars, smoke, etc) the DX11 installation will maintain fps whereas the DX9 will lose fps. By contemporary sim player standards I think my rig would be considered mid-range, so I probably have more to gain than top of the line rigs.

Not the greatest test as the track and car are new to me. But, IMHO, there is a definite improvement in performance of the game. I could only describe the graphics as "superior". This is where other car sims will be, or have to improve on, in the years to come. I imagine that other non-visible aspects of the games performance (physics, netcode, etc) have improved due to DX11. The natural progression is to squeeze every last drop of performance out of the system so there probably is room for improvement. So an exciting development in our hobby.

I found DX11 feels smoother, probably due to less FPS Spikes, I think the frame Rate is more consistent from first impressions!
    I like it

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran

Imola due in the next few weeks

Season 2 of 2016 is now at race 9 of the 12 race season.
    In addition to the Skip Barber and Formula Renault racing I got hooked last week on the Cadillac CTS-V (V8 sedan) at Nordschlieffe (this is one of the standard cars you get at buy-in). Smashed my irating unfortunately, but a lot of fun. Might do this next season.

Including this week's racing there are five weeks until the start of Season 3. So if you are thinking about joining iRacing, now is a good time to do it. Plenty of time to get Rookies behind you and start a new season.
    At the moment the Formula Renault is the car we are based on but it does not mean it has to be exclusive. You need a C licence for this class but with better than a month to go it should not be too hard to achieve this.

Starting to get a grip on racing in the larger fields. In the Formula Renault last week had an encouraging race in a field of 17 cars. Qualified mid field and was holding fourth with four laps of 17 to go, only to lock the rears and go into a barrier - grrr! My racecraft is slowly getting there. Watching how other drivers circulate you get a feel for which cars to watch (for something stupid or an accident) and who are probably going to act in a predictable fashion - I'm slowly moving from the former to the latter!

The Cadillac is a fixed setup class, the Skip has minimal setup parameters and the FR is more full on. There is no doubt that a lot of speed is gained by tweaking in the garage and many of the better guys share their setups on the forum, as well as advice on the current week's track.

Anyway, if you are interested in racing in large fields with a wide variety of driver skill, you will not get better than iRacing.

PS the last update seems to have fixed the glitches in the initial roll-out of the 64bit DX11 version.
    Last edited by Felix_Culpa; 10-05-2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: 64bit