Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    $50k start up which will only buyy the choice of the first to... Then you have to manage yourself to upgrade is my take on it.
    Got me beat about your other prob/s. seems to work fine for myself and others. Maybe check/verify integrity of your game cache files in steam?

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

AEF Member
    No, haven't had any of those probs Davos.

Just spent an hour practicing for that daily event, then drove it and wrote the car off on the second to last corner in the snow. This is brutal!

I tried the daily event and spun it on about the third corner. I think I need another week under my belt. I managed to sort my problems there was an update that hadnt been applied. All working well.

How do we set up a league?

Quote Originally Posted by Davos View Post
    How do we set up a league?
    We were limited from putting in AEF-Australiasian Gaming Community, so it's....

"AEF - Australia" >> https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/...ef---australia

We should all get together and discuss it's format, direction, etc. via chat.

PS: But not during the Rugby League Test game against the Kiwis thats on TV right now. >_O
    Last edited by Skid; 03-05-2015 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo

Good luck

We've just done some more testing to setup an event with stages.. and can confirm the league system is not working, ATM (well, for most it seems)... We'll have to wait for the next update patch I presume.
    Last edited by Skid; 03-05-2015 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo

Im thinking of getting a logitech driving force gt wheel ($150NZD). Has anyone used one of these?

These reviews may help you decide >> http://gaming-steering-wheel-review.toptenreviews.com/ ..I'd disregard their RRP though, some are like 100bux cheaper when you shop around.

MakTheBlade
    Im thinking of getting a logitech driving force gt wheel ($150NZD). Has anyone used one of these?
    Davos, I had one before going to the G27. The biggest drawback of the GT is the strength of the FF gears holding the wheel. You can't spin the wheel easily, like you need to for rally driving. Not sure why, perhaps just a different system, but it frustrated me to the point of buying the G27. The resistance against movement is too strong, even with FF turned off the gears inside don't let the wheel spin freely.

Anyway, I recommend you find a store that has one on display or failing that, check out as many video reviews beforehand.

AEF Member
    So apparently "Kevin Abbring" that has won a bunch of the daily challenges recently really is Kevin Abbring

Last edited by Kaiza; 04-05-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Time trial challenge. Wales-Pant Mawr - midday/Cloudy -Sierra Cosworth RS500.

AEF Member
    Hey chaps! I've applied to the AEF league (imagine my surprise to see it there!).

Absolutely loving this game, what a phenomenal sim out of nowhere! Even managed to place in the top 30 the last two daily challenges (gets you the topmost reward).

See you on the stage

Whats everyone's steam name im davidos1979

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMellie View Post
    Hey chaps! I've applied to the AEF league (imagine my surprise to see it there!).

Absolutely loving this game, what a phenomenal sim out of nowhere! Even managed to place in the top 30 the last two daily challenges (gets you the topmost reward).

See you on the stage
    Onyah Muzza, welcome aboard.
    Oh, in world top30 you say?.. Thanks for the heads up, your AEF season penalty has been adjusted and applied before we even get started.

Kaiza and I have tried creating a test AEF Season to no avail on both ingame steam browsers and external browsers. If anyone hear's of anything relating to this, please let us know.

"AEF - Australia" < Dirt Rally League.
    Last edited by Skid; 04-05-2015 at 11:05 PM. Reason: typo

It alows you to compare times if you are friends in steam

It alows you to compare times if you are friends in steam
    Agreed.... For the time being you can compare times on various stages, etc. by adding a friend in Steam.

You will find most AEF Steam members here >___ ....or you can post your Steam name in this forum as Davos has suggested.

TO all GUESTS
    -----------------------------------------------

Both "
    AEF Steam and "DR: AEF - Australia" are for AEF members only.

To apply to become an
    "AEF - Australasian Gaming Community" member, please register > HERE

You will then be able to post into the forums with your interest or questions,
    as well as, apply to join any of our other AEF groups or teams.

(NOTE: If any of your AKA names are different to that of your AEF membership name, please post in this forum to advise, so that your app to join DR:AEF AUS group can be recognized and accepted.)

Welcome to the AEF

Last edited by Skid; 01-07-2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: info

Managed to get an AEF test event underway for a few days. (Found out you must change it's current default start time.)

STARTS - 05/05/2015 13:11pm... Single make/3 stages/morning, midday and night/Event restart with No stage retry. (So care must be taken to not stuff up your later stages.)

Test'r out and we'll see how it goes.

"AEF - Australia" Dirt Rally League.
    Last edited by Skid; 05-05-2015 at 01:04 PM. Reason: link

AEF Member
    Nice!

Top 30, nice work DarkMellie!

AEF Member
    You are a cruel man putting that ice stage last. I must have lost it 4-5 times!

Must check the brake bias, seemd very difficult to keep the thing straight under braking.

The BM is brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiza View Post
    You are a cruel man putting that ice stage last. I must have lost it 4-5 times!
    Yep very cruel.. I swear by the end of that slippery final night stage my co-driver ended up mumbling out his notes to me... he was a jibbering mess!
    I think I'm gunna have to get him to grow some, or at least buy him a more powerful mic. ...the wimp.

AEF Member
    Ah man, I started out 15 seconds in front on the first stage but as I saw what was in store for the second stage I knew there would be trouble... I am no good on ice! Sure enough, dropped 13 seconds for a 2 second lead going into the third stage.

Then the ice really hit. I turned myself around twice, resulting in long moments of Mr Bean style parking and then as the ice started to disappear I pushed the car hard to make up on lost time. Coming into the low end of the mountain I took a 4/2 a little too hot and wrecked it over the guardrail.

DNF.

Can we not have ice next time

Had a similar experience. Nailed the first stage. Survived the second stage. Third stage I was down to the rim on the back right about 1/4 into the stage and then lost the back left at about 3/4. Ice skated over the line backwards and lost over a minute.

Never mind guy's... No matter when, why or even how...

Times were able to be posted up, making for a successful first test run for any future AEF events or seasons.. Cheers.

Now that nerves have settled a bit knowing what to expect, we can now look forward to taking on something a little more challenging.... *sound of evil laugh*
    like adding many more stages to an event with even more varying weather/track conditions, etc.... but this time, with NO RESTARTS being allowed.

This should force drivers to be much more careful with their driving, knowing that they only have "one shot" at the total event.
    It will also increase more decision making (repair/time trade-off's) when it comes to the repair/maintenance system for your vehicle in between stages (if needed) to get to the event finish.

After that we'll be looking more into the creation of some small point scoring (Test) Championship Seasons, on the pretense of running the more "full blown c/ships with possible prizes" down the track as the sim continuously gets upgraded along it's timeline towards completion.
    Last edited by Skid; 06-05-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: + info

Where do I sign

Skid after out chat yesterday I wasnt clear if we can have multiple events going on at once e.g. a weekly multiple stage rally event and also daily single stage events

Just thinking if we go down a championship route with prizes, the prizes could be things like a dcs module. This may entice others from different areas of the aef.

"AEF - Australia" Dirt Rally League.

NEW EVENT NOW UP

START - 6/5/05 @22:40hrs
    FINISH - 7/6/05 @22:40hrs

1 Event - 6 Stages

NO EVENT RESTARTS

...Good Luck
    Last edited by Skid; 06-05-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: false start

AEF Member
    Does it allow you to put credits up for the races? I didn't notice last night.