il2 Battle of Stalingrad Steam sale

il2 BOS is currently on sale at Steam or their homepage http://il2sturmovik.com/ 50% off $29.99US Standard Edition

Fall Sale starts today. You can add additional planes you always wanted to fly - La-5 and Fw 190 A3 - to your account at half the normal cost. The Standard and Premium editions of Battle of Stalingrad benefit from the same discount. It would be a great opportunity to enter IL-2 Sturmovik project since update 1.104 with summer and autumn seasons and the new campaign set during early stage of Stalingrad battle will be released this week.

The discount will be active until 8AM GMT November 3rd both in our online store and Steam. Please note that these two options are not interchangeable - if you bought the standard edition of the game on our website, please purchase the additional planes there. If you bought the standard edition on Steam, additional purchases should be made on Steam as well.

AEF Member
    Thanks Felix. What is the story with servers these days, are there dedicated servers about now? Do you see much activity in NZ/Aus evenings online?

Cheers

Hi Kaiza,

There is a DServer and I have hosted many times. The max players is 84 - saw that reached on the Wings of Liberty (Russian) server today.
    I am hoping with the introduction of the summer and autumn maps that numbers might pick up. Not as populated as one would like to see - sadly.
    The mission builder is powerful, if somewhat complex to learn. Great range of objects for the maps - even has the Volga riverboat to attack.
    COOP mission can be built. I am slowly coming to grips with it.

Nice looking game, I think it is the best for spotting other aircraft.

The title deserves to be successful IMHO. Despite reservations early I think the devs have delivered to date and still have stuff in the pipeline.

Hope to see you in the BOS/BOM sky sometime!

https://youtu.be/Bq2ja0YmzD0

I thought Shuto, as a JU87 fan, would enjoy the following. Outstanding flying and shooting by MKMrX in a JU87.
    Last edited by Felix_Culpa; 28-10-2015 at 11:16 PM.

https://youtu.be/TJZkTVFI-eU
    In the summer time ...

PS Could the webmaster change the permissions so I can post videos here?

[EDIT: This link works > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJZkTVFI-eU .... -Skid]

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Skid; 29-10-2015 at 05:51 PM.

thx Skid, for some reason would not work for me! PEBKAC! (or my permissions)

Australian P40, 70 Sqn (New Guinea, mid 1942)

Last edited by Felix_Culpa; 30-10-2015 at 01:25 PM.

50% OFF

The sale just launched on our website and Steam, it will be active until April 18th. Perhaps you always wanted to fly those La-5 or Fw-190 A-3? Or gift the game to your friend - controlling a plane or a tank together with your friend is twice the fun! These additional planes and all editions of the game (including the Premium one that includes these planes already) are available with a 50% discount both in our store and on Steam.

PS Getting together Wed evenings in 2016, 2030hrs, official il2 BOS TS

Yep, me again pushing BOS/BOM!

Having some success getting pilots together on Friday evenings from 2030hrs, official BOS TS.
    Generally on the War of Liberty server but have used Coconut's server as well. Had six pilots last Friday.

Trying to push the Red bandwagon as most squads seem to be Blue - that means more targets for Red!

But, any plane, any level of pilot, feel free to ask questions, so join us for some fun online!

AEF Member
    hey mate, I'm trying to do the same at TOG. I know there's a wee bit of interest there - the Aussie community is too small to be segregated so if we can get everyone on the same server at once, that would be awesome. Like they say 'activity breeds activity!'

the aim is to get together on a Friday night anyway so timing is perfect
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body" - old Army saying

Hi Pharoah and other BOS/BOMers,

Getting a nice rollup on Sunday evenings, from 2000hrs. On WOL server and il2 BOS TS. Predominantly Red.
    Very casual, jump on and off as you please, good advice and flying.

When/where do the TOGers get together?

AEF Member
    hey mate, I was actually online last night with one other TOG'ger (Astrospud) on the WOL server as well! We did about 3 sorties in IL2s but got shot out of the sky before reaching our AO.

At the moment there are 4 TOG'gers who have IL2 and actually play (2 who I met last night). At the moment, take up of IL2 is quite slow due to other games (Division, DCS, etc) but I'm hoping we can get more online soon, esp once we start posting pics, etc (I was flying formation on Astro last night and apparently he took some good shots so we'll try to use that as a 'look..this could be you' promo or something).

When there is something more definitive I'll post here. Like I said, the aussie community is too small at the moment..but the more the merrier. I think we're trying to get an aussie server going which would be more fun!

AEF Member
    btw in case you're interested, there is a stats page on the WoL server here: http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/pilots/?tour=10

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Culpa View Post
    Hi Pharoah and other BOS/BOMers,

Getting a nice rollup on Sunday evenings, from 2000hrs. On WOL server and il2 BOS TS. Predominantly Red.
    Very casual, jump on and off as you please, good advice and flying.

When/where do the TOGers get together?
    hey mate, I bumped into a few of the RAAF boys on there last night....sounds like they know their stuff! they (Firestorm) told me they usually fly Thurs/Sun nights on WoL (using the official BOS English TS channels).

I had a lot of fun on Sunday with the RAAF guys on WOL - New graphics card has brought me back to BOS...

nice. I was on for an hour or so with the RAAF guys on Sunday. Their outfit/website is closing. Maybe something new will form or just keep it a regular Sunday event.
    "Dave" is a regular as well and very knowledgeable about BOS/BOM.
    I just updated my vcard msi gtx 960 4gb.
    Hope to catch you online sometime - official BOS TS.

AEF Member
    yeah they definitely are. Its a shame their outfit is closing (its the same for a lot of old IL2 squads I'm afraid). That's why I'm active on the official forums pushing for some sort of non-eastern front scenario for the next release (not that I'll have any luck...but atleast letting the devs know). I know a lot of guys are more interested in western a/c (RAF/USAAF) than VVS a/c - hopefully if they move to the Med/NA/Europe we might get more folks coming back into it.