Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

AC - Pre Season TEST RACE Meets.

Thinking of organising the first Assetto Corsa, AEF Sim Racing season.

Let me know what you want and ill go with the general consensus.

My thoughts so far are

• 4 races (see how we go)
    • Lotus 49??
    • 1 race per week
    • Racing on Saturdays
    • Practice, Qualify and Race
    • Race 10 laps??

Steps we need to do to make this work.

1. Get enough interested people (im hoping for at least 6 people)
    2. secure a server (if you have one we can use on a Saturday evening let me know)
    3. Set it all up
    4. Race

I recon we can get this going in 2 weeks so working towards the first race being 19 September.

Let me know if your keen and how you can help.
    Last edited by Skid; 14-09-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Title change

I'm very interested... (that's step 1.)

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

I really want to but would be available for the 19th but that would be the only one!

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleader View Post
    I really want to but would be available for the 19th but that would be the only one!
    Would be good to have you involved even for only one race.

Let me know what you all think about using the lotus 49. If we get that agreed early people can start work on their own skins.

Mezevenf is giving me access to his server. Number 2 sorted. looks like this is happening.

If i'm about i'm keen. The 49 is a bit of an unruly animal, lots of fun. Are you going to announce which track you want to use to give people a bit of time to memorize it?

Yep im thinking imola as the first track and open to suggestions for the others.

Sounds like fun... Might have to test the 49 on Imola to see how she goes.

Can you throw a pitstop in there for the race and force default setups?.. a 30min actual race is pretty comfortable. (+Prac & Qual).

And of course, there will be no driving aids on like ABS and TC ?

Very jealous lads!! I wish I could join you.

Finally got the missus to realise how much i need a pit. After christmas ill be rolling.

GL gentlemen

No sig

Anyone got any experience with league management software/websites?

400hp shoebox on roids with... NO wings, ABS or TC cuz they hadn't been invented yet.. YIKES! ............
    So she'll definitely be a buckin'yah off from any little brain farts, guaranteed.
    This sort of racing always makes for a good.. "Don't give up, and jump back on" kind of race
    and just keep pushing to that finishing line, because well,. you just never, never know. ........ . ......

Oooh yeah, this is gunna be a hoot, alright... "Hi-Yo Silver!, Away!"
    Last edited by Skid; 08-09-2015 at 01:49 PM. Reason: itchy arse

Quote Originally Posted by Davos View Post
    Anyone got any experience with league management software/websites?
    Got more info.?

Quote Originally Posted by Skid View Post
    Got more info.?
    there software you can load on the server that records positions, lap times etc and then creates league tables for drivers, teams. Trting to work oit if thats an option otherwise its going to be screen shots and spreadsheets.

Will everyone have the same setup?
    Can make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos View Post
    there software you can load on the server that records positions, lap times etc and then creates league tables for drivers, teams. Trting to work oit if thats an option otherwise its going to be screen shots and spreadsheets.

The games "Server UDP Plugin" not do this? >> http://www.assettocorsa.net/f-a-q/

It will be possible to retrieve telemetry data in real time from Assetto Corsa ?

Yes, either via UDP, shared memory, Python or C + + plug-in.
    ..but I'm not sure about it recording it for you.

Other than that, have a look at pTracker.. >> http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ptracker.3509/
    Last edited by Skid; 08-09-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: links

Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Culpa View Post
    Will everyone have the same setup?
    Can make a huge difference.
    All up for discussion.

This is really bugging me - Whenever I see video of people driving the Lotus 49, they never seem to downshift with any throttle blip. I've been practicing heal-toe braking in the manual cars, and it's really hard to tell if I'm doing it right. Does anyone know of any AC videos of the Lotus 49 with good downshift technique?

Quote Originally Posted by etchasketch View Post
    This is really bugging me - Whenever I see video of people driving the Lotus 49, they never seem to downshift with any throttle blip. I've been practicing heal-toe braking in the manual cars, and it's really hard to tell if I'm doing it right. Does anyone know of any AC videos of the Lotus 49 with good downshift technique?
    Im really strugling with the whole blip thing.

Try setting the throttle Auto-Blip to ON (+ allow it in server) for this upcoming race.
    It's not expected for everyone to master that technique in a short period of time. (ie: quickly matching revs to speed when downshifting).
    It can destroy your gearbox (= DNF) .. or can lock the diff causing "you know what" all the time, for the uninitiated.
    Last edited by Skid; 08-09-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Try setting the throttle Auto-Blip to ON (+ allow it in server) for this upcoming race.
    It's not expected for everyone to master that technique in a short period of time. (ie: quickly matching revs to speed when downshifting).
    It can destroy your gearbox (= DNF) .. or can lock the diff causing "you know what" all the time, for the uninitiated.
    Seems fair to me. Auto-blip is a very difficult technique and may cause problems during the race if you are not used to it.

Just so I know how slow I am! What sort of time are you guys doing around Imola? I can circulate around 1:52's (Pro lvl/no assists)

Im going to be on ts tonight about 930pm nz if anyone wants to discuss anything. Im working on getting a server up so if I can do that by tonight we can also have a practice session.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Culpa View Post
    Just so I know how slow I am! What sort of time are you guys doing around Imola? I can circulate around 1:52's (Pro lvl/no assists)

Spoiler: Boy are you gunna get it..

Lotus 49 @ Imola - Hotlaps >> http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLi...ll&friends=all ..
    Last edited by Skid; 09-09-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Three pedal h-shifters are hard. They're the car type I love to drive in AC, mainly the Lotus 98T. A diabolically difficult car to drive with a savage power curve that keeps wanting to spin the car. Once you get the hang of heel-toe they are so much fun to drive.

Here's a vid of when I was trying to come to grips with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9sxbbb0Mk

Hmm. The problem with those fastest times is you can see that they all did around 50+ laps in a session to get a good time, with a lot of invalid laps, and most have turned off fuel. So I wouldn't read too much into them, tbh. 1:52 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomba View Post
    Three pedal h-shifters are hard. They're the car type I love to drive in AC, mainly the Lotus 98T. A diabolically difficult car to drive with a savage power curve that keeps wanting to spin the car. Once you get the hang of heel-toe they are so much fun to drive.

Here's a vid of when I was trying to come to grips with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9sxbbb0Mk
    I want to be good with the 98T, but I can't get it to stop turning around and stabbing me in the face.

What level of boost is good to start on, and what is the max I should be aiming for?

I don't really know for sure, but from what I've found for racing just default 60% boost will keep the engine happy. For qualifying then maybe 80%+. If you want to press the car for a few laps then 70% or so. I've never managed to get an engine to last a lap at 100%, but that might have changed with the patch. If you want to chase hotlaps at max chickens then just turn engine damage off and hit 100% boost and hang on for dear life.

When this thing was raced they had very limited spare engines, so couldn't practice in qualify trim as at max boost one qualify run will destroy the engine. They had to pull a fast qual out of the hat with no practice with that engine setup and they had one go at it. They then put the race engine back in and that was that.

It's a hard car to control under brakes and accel, but what I found helps a lot is never let the engine have any effect on the rear end under brakes or the car will just rotate or hurt the gearbox, so if anything downshift later rather than sooner and give big healthy blips on the loud pedal. Coming out of the turn, depending on the corner, it can be better to just short shift 1st and 2nd as the boost comes on. You can see in that vid I often shortshift just to settle that twitchy arse down and I still almost loss it often. Wild car.

Cheers, I just tried spa with the 98T, and you're right about 60%. 70% is pushing it. I found I had to anticipate the turbo lag well ahead of when I needed the power.

Your driving is very smooth through the tight chicanes. Nice.