il2 BOS/BOM 2016

Still trying to fly the BOS/BOM flag!
    Have been contacted by another Oz outfit that flies BOS. They get together on Thu and Sunday evenings.
    Loose plan would be to get together with them on the Wings of Liberty server as friend or foe as our interest directs.
    Sounds like a great way to get some BOS rivalry going or just get together with fellow BOS players to give the WOL server a whack!

let me know if you are interested.

AEF Member
    I'm in. Have been flying DCS pretty much every day so it would be good to jump back into IL2
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body" - old Army saying

I'm in. I can't play BoS/BoM single player anymore.

WhiteYeti
    Put up a date and time and i'll try and be on.

Interested when I am around!

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran

Been a bit focussed on Car Sims in the last twelve months.
    A lot been happening in the il2 BOS/BOM world and some interesting developments with DCS Normandy/WW2.

An interesting Soviet initiative on the il2 forum - http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/...tion-division/

I understand the predisposition of players to gravitate towards German aircraft, personally, I prefer them as well.
    But, I have decided my next il2 campaign will be as a Soviet and see if I can link up with other 216th players.

If anyone would like to dust off their joystick and join me in the virtual Red skies let me know.
    I'll keep an eye on the WOL server and check numbers around 2030hrs during the week.
    Use the official BOS teamspeak - Wednesdays would suit me but open to suggestions.

May consider joining an early Saturday (northern hemisphere friday evening) if numbers support the idea.

Hello WW2 Aviation enthusiasts!

il2 BOS/BOM/BOK continues its developmental march with a recent update on the il2 forum. Looks like a concerted push to improve the multiplayer experience, for both admins and players. The BOK development will flow down into BOS and BOM so a lot to look forward to. With a Pacific development on the far horizon things are looking positive for the series.

The il2 Sturmovik Australasian Pilots Group provides a forum for an informal group of il2 players based in the eastern states. We generally meet each Thursday and Sunday at 2030-2100 hrs for combat on the Wings of Liberty server. We may also branch out to the Tactical Air War (TAW) server. We use the official il2 Teamspeak.

Many of the members are from the recently disbanded RAAF Squad. There are no joining conditions, commitment, squad tags, structure, etc, very informal. Once together we do like to operate as a team against a target, sharing the flight leader role. You don't even have to fly the same plane or role if you don't want to. We generally fly Red. If you have not participated in multiplayer we can show you the ropes.

The forum is located at: APG

If you become a member of the forum you will get access to the member's only section that has some interesting info on gunnery, bomber formations, the guidelines for how we operate and il2 stuff generally.

Keep 'em flying!

Everyone,

We just launched a Halloween sale! 50% off BOS, Fw-190 and La-5 and 15% off Mc.202 and P-40. This is all Treat and no Trick!

This is for our store and Steam. Runs Oct. 28 - Nov. 1.

http://il2sturmovik....-of-stalingrad/

http://store.steampo...com/app/307960/

Jason

Tactical Air War

Looks like TAW is getting ready for another campaign.
    Normally our group fly allied, but for the next TAW campaign we are flying blue.
    Allies have won the last couple of TAW campaigns.
    We plan to mainly fly JU88 missions. Towns and airfields are captured by destroying the objectives.
    If you have not hear of the TAW server, have a look, they are doing a great job.

If you would like to join us, Thu and Sun evenings from 2030hs, official il2 BOS Teamspeak.
    More info

Explain how I can get the Yak-1b please. I have preordered:

• IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Premium Edition
    • IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban - Premium Edition

Is it not included in either premium edition, but requires separate purchase?
    Is the 1b worth it?

And when is the Ju88 available on TAW? I only have the He111

Hi Etch,

The Yak1b should be in your inventory if you preordered. It was a collector's plane so was separate to Moscow/Kuban.
    I have it but have not flown it yet! Some discussion on the il2 forum about it but have not followed.

The JU88 was a standard plane in the Moscow edition, the mC202 and P40 being the premium planes.

Unfortunately had internet issues last night, TAW kept booting me. The previous home owner was a tinkerer (home made network) and I think there are some issues with the connection.

F

PS what are your thoughts on the AC Porsche pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Culpa View Post
    The Yak1b should be in your inventory if you preordered.
    Oh, i didn't preorder, so missed the discount. Oh well. I'll consider buying it when I get shot down by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Culpa View Post
    PS what are your thoughts on the AC Porsche pack?
    I'm not a huge Porsche fanboy, but I do enjoy driving the older cars, and production cars. Something i've always wondered about real Porsches is whether they really are crazy to control on the limit, and seeing as Porsche themselves have not only been licensed for AC but had some involvement in making AC into a sim they're happy to use themselves, I have to believe that it's quite accurate.

Edit: Oh, I didn't notice the second Porsche pack is out! Something to do tonight.
    Last edited by etchasketch; 28-11-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Too late I realised the collector planes are not on sale anymore, but I bought the Yak-1b and Ju 52/Зm anyway at full price.

Haven't tried the Yak yet, but the Ju 52 is interesting. It has 3 engines (and I only have 2 throttle levers) but also, the wheel brakes are powered from the engine throttle position, so 25% power is brakes off, and anything below puts the brakes on.
    And the flaps are linked and unlinked to the pitch trimmer, so you set the pitch trim to 30%, then link the flaps, move the trim down to 0% and the flaps are now at 25% down (for takeoff). Then once airborne, put the trim back up to 30% which raises the flaps to 0%, and then unlink the trim and set to how you want it. And then repeat the process for landing, except take the flaps down to 40%. If you forget to move the trim first, you can put the aircraft into a pretty uncontrollable state.
    And the paratroopers are neat - only I just watched them fall to the ground and then disappear after a few seconds. I dropped them on enemy artillery, and was hoping to watch them fight over it, but no. Pity.

You can also drop Mischlast Abwurfbehälter 250 containers, but I'm not sure they do anything other than parachute down. I'd love to see some scripted missions for the Ju52. It's not really viable on PvP servers, since it can't drop bombs, is slow, and only has a rear turret gun for defence.