Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I missed the results of the 1960's season Finland rally, and the website doesn't tell me. Last I knew, I was ahead of just Felix, but Kaiza had yet to do stages 7 onwards. Does anyone have the breakdown?

For memory you got just ahead of kai by a few seconds to take the win on stage 11 or 12.
    Was close
    -The grass is greener on the other side because it's fertilized with bullshit-

AEF Member
    From memory I was around 4 seconds ahead at stage 6? From there I pushed pretty hard and managed to get 3-4 secs ahead per stage. Stage 9 or 10 I managed to eek out 15secs ahead from memory (did you have a spin?) so I ended up with a ~38 sec lead at the end.

It would have been interesting if Nova had his times saved. Judging by Novas 'best times' at the end of every stage I think it would have been very close.
    Last edited by Kaiza; 15-03-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiza View Post
    Stage 9 or 10 I managed to eek out 15secs ahead from memory (did you have a spin?) so I ended up with a ~38 sec lead at the end.
    Stage 9 I did a barrel roll near some houses on a surprise right hander. I hit an invisible object on stage 6, lost about 6 seconds there.

Nice race, Kaiza. I hope you get through the 70's Germany event ok.

AEF Member
    I am pushing way beyond my normal driving comfort zone in Germany and you are still well ahead. You are in a different league to me on dry tarmac.

I see one of your times was a world top 250. Nice.

man my racing was terrible.
    the only stage that etch didn't beat me was stage 11 where I got 6 seconds back

Epic times etch. good racing

AEF Member
    Gah just got a flat tyre over a jump in the 6th in Finland.

This is a shit of a game sometimes!!

well. I discovered. never drive rally when you are dead tired.

ruined the first 6 stages. was 5 seconds behind kai by s6 even with his blown tyre.
    blew my own tyre on 7 or 8 I think.
    then woke up this morning to do the last 3. Don't think I will come anywhere near close to beating you guys though.
    Way too many errors

Wow. awesome times Kai.
    Even if I didn't roll on stage 9 you were still pulling 3-5 seconds quicker each stage after 6.
    Never would have caught you

AEF Member
    Cheers!

That Pitkajarvi stage is an absolute bitch. Hardest stage in the whole game I reckon. So many crests that go straight into walls, including that absolutely suicidal "4R big jump" that takes you straight into a pile of logs.

Its crazy how much concentration this game takes, I've never played anything like it. I don't know how you guys drive 12 stages straight. I need complete focus as the smallest distractions seem to throw me in this game.

i.e.:

Wife walks into the room- drive off the road instantly.
    Fly buzzes past my face- drive off the road instantly.
    Wind catches curtain next to the monitor- drive off the road instantly.
    Have one beer, 15secs slower than pace, have 2 beers- drive off the road instantly.
    Remember that I have to take the rubbish out tonight- drive off the road instantly.

I don't know how those WRC guys do it for that 80km Mexico stage.
    Last edited by Kaiza; 21-03-2016 at 08:06 PM.

yeah I get the same issues with cat jumping in front of me.
    But stages 1-6 I made the mistake of doing after a long ass day at work and I couldn't concentrate at all.

Kinda makes you respect the guys that did it for real and the concentration they must have as its their live if they stuff it.
    If I do 12 straight then its a massive struggle by the end and I start missing calls and hearing left instead of right.
    but some weeks I don't get a choice.

my cleanest run was stage 11 and you still got 2 seconds on me.
    I thought a top 950 run would have done it but you smashed that.

closest I got to you was 0.7 seconds on stage 9

Guess I'm better in a mini

5 min slower than the leader. Did you guys slow down on the last three. I was under one min slower on each one. I think only 14 sec slower on one of them. On the first stages, 2 or 3 min. I was even faster than etch on one of the last ones. Don't know which one.

Life is not straight forward...so go around

AEF Member
    My pace slowed a little after stage 6 due to some reasonable crash damage.

Rally does require a lot more from the driver. You are right kai. Your not just thinking about left and right but up and down as well. Left and right in rally is much quicker as well. Unless you are driving an F1 car.

AEF Member
    Oh dear, reversing back after hitting a wall end and suddenly got the irrecoverable damage screen.

Part of me is relieved. Monaco is my nemesis.
    Last edited by Kaiza; 27-03-2016 at 07:43 PM.

well I survived Monaco.

well done etch. some epic times in that.
    I discovered that anything to do with snow I suck at, so I lost a lot of time on those stages.
    Could only catch up with wins on Stages 5, 9 and 10 but only by a few seconds.

Even stage 12 I got position 490 in the world and you still beat me by 1.7 seconds. Epic.

Would be interesting to see your placings but I don't know your steam ID to add you (please send it)

Sad to hear about you crashing out Kai.

I'm gone from 3 April til towards end of April so I will be lucky to finish in top 3 at all.
    Will be interesting to see if anyone can catch etch

p.s.
    Has anyone else had the issue of not having tuning available during repair stages?
    I can only tune prior to event starting and at no other time

As per championship setting from top post

SETUPS............. -Open with "Tuning" enabled on each Stage 1 and before each long stage. (IE: 3, 6, 9, 12)

Same tuning option as you have described Nova.

Almost completed Monaco, went over the edge on the last stage!

G'day Nova.. Well this is interesting. Was it working in the last Season 1 (60's) ??

I Just checked all the events and stages and can confirm they are set up as follows...

SETUPS............. -Open with "Tuning" enabled on each Stage 1 and before each long stage. (IE: 3, 6, 9, 12)
    SERVICE AREAS
    ... -Stages 1, 4, 7, 10 - (Save & Exit in each SA is allowed.)

All I can think of is...
    Maybe it's not allowing "tuning" unless your in a service area?.... but I cannot find any info to confirm this.
    Last edited by Skid; 29-03-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

nah has never worked for me.
    only get the option for stage 1.

I had a go a few weeks ago and there were no service areas at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Davos View Post
    I had a go a few weeks ago and there were no service areas at all.

AEF Member
    Yeh I noticed the lack of ability to tune on the service areas too... strange...

One thing I had noticed on this championship is we lose half a Saturday as the change in events happens at midnight Friday and the next event kicks off midday Saturday. Perhaps it would be better to have the next event sequence closer or change the day so that people don't lose half a weekend day not being able to race?

Valid point on the start/finish times their Kai. We certainly can look into shortening some gaps in between events.

ATM.. it's only allowing "Tuning" in the Service Areas at each Stage 1 of an event/location, which was not what was intended when formatting the schedule.
    This definitely needs attention... but when changing/altering a season of events, it always runs the risk of losing the ongoing championship points being accrued if you don't time it right with the clock... (re: shortening event gap times).

It would be good if we could all get together on TS to discuss all these little gremlins and tweaks needed before the next "Championship #2" starts, as you wouldn't believe how long the RaceNet server page takes to calculate each piece of info you change or add to a championship like this.

If all involved could let us know in here of a good preferred time for an AEF|RT DiRT Rally meeting.. It'll be a hoot hearing and discussing experiences, as well as the Championship tweaking ideas.

Welcome to "Delutional" who applied to join in the "AEF - Australia" League.

Please read post#1 to become an AEF Member to compete... Hope to see you on the track soon.

Whew!... It took some doing, but finally....

Our first "AEF Dirt Rally Championship #1" is now setup for the final run home... Good luck guy's!

NOTE: This final Event 6 at Greece, now has "tuning" on each "Service Area"... Please advise if working ok.

Refer to post#1 for details on how the Championship points are fairing up.

PS:
    Seems a reminder to driver entrants may be needed, that with each Season-Event 1 vehicle choice, a driver must retain their selected vehicle for the whole of that season of events,
    eg: S2 - 70's.. E1 to E6... as was clearly stated in the original Championship Schedule post#1.
    As this is our first DR Championship, no penalties will be incurred this time around, unless the top 3 podium finishers are affected, but will strictly be enforced for all future championships.

Last edited by Skid; 16-04-2016 at 06:33 PM. Reason: PS

Our innaugural "AEF Dirt Rally Championship #1" for 2016 has now been raced and won.. with AEF Etchasketch driving home the final nail to secure his outright VICTORY!

WELL DONE!.. Etch.

Points, placings and presentation are now being compiled and will be posted up shortly.

AEF|RT - Dirt RALLY - MEMBERS MEETING.

During this next week we will be holding a meeting for all those involved/competing in our championships to discuss or put forward any ideas and changes that may help improve the format/s and running for our next "AEF DR Championship #2" and beyond.

We will look to hold the meeting on.. Thursday 8PM AEST** in the members AEF Racing Team/Dirt Rally - Teamspeak channel.

If any members are unable to make this day or time,.. please advise of an alternative that would better suit.

Last edited by Skid; 23-04-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: itch

congrats etch.
    sucks I could race last few rounds.
    going away early may til june as well so I'm out for next season as well

😆 well done etch

Sent from my Samsung Note2 on tapatalk about x klms from my pc

Alrighty.. It seems Thursday 8pm AEST is ok.

The BO's for Thursday's meeting are now up.... Please RSVP by clicking > HERE

..Let's get this next Championship humming!