Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AEF|RT - "Bathurst 150" - Open Event

AEF 2016 Championships -."Curtain Raiser" Event.

OPEN to ALL MEMBERS & PUBLIC GUESTS!

To mark the official start to the AEF 2016 Sim Racing Championships, the "AEF Racing Team" will be holding an "Open to Members & Public"
    pre-championship race, consisting of AEF|RT's selected group of mods for "Assetto Corsa" that will make up what we will fondly be calling
    the.... "V8 Supercars "King of the Mountain" Bathurst 150".
    This race is intended to give drivers a teaser of what might to expect in one of the more challenging & longer enduros included in this
    year's schedule of our AEF Assetto Corsa (Members) Championship, before the actual official Championship starts the very next week.

When:
    Saturday January 30th - 8PM AEDT
    (Open to join - 8pm AEDT - Prac.45mins - Qual.15mins - Closed for Race 24laps)

Who:
    All Members & Public Guests - First in best dressed with AEF|RT members preference entry before Qualifying.

Rules:
    MANDATORY 2 pit stops - Pits open on lap 3 after 2 laps completed.
    Open Set ups - Tyre Wear Rate
    = x300% - Fuel Rate = x200%

Where:
    Assetto Corsa Online Multiplayer > "AEF Racing Australasia" server.

Need:
    Assetto Corsa v1.4

Cars & Track Mods:
    Holden VE Commodore V8SC..... Download >> HERE (65.6mb)
    Ford FG Falcon V8SC............... Download >> HERE (64.1mb)
    Mount Panorama By Pascal Martin.... Download >> HERE (150.0mb)

Join in the race CHAT with the AEF Racing Team and other Guests..

Clicking on the above TS banner will auto open your TeamSpeak program directly to the AEF TS server.

You can then locate us in the >> AEF Sim Racing (public) or the AEF Racing Team channels.

Last edited by Skid; 29-01-2016 at 06:31 AM. Reason: update

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Great stuff AEF RT. I'll try and organise a car for this event and dust off the G27 racing wheel and pedals. I have a lot of friends who are obsessed with V8 Supercars and Bathurst. I will attempt to organise a BBQ at my place and invite a few of them over. Are driver changes at pit stops allowed?

"Games come and go and Teams come and go but the AEF endures"

No actual ingame driver swaps can be done ATM, but...

There's no stopping YOU guy's on your side of the monitor drunkenly swapping drivers in the 2 pit stops of the 25 lap race.... Reckon it'd be a pisser!
    Just be sure to post up some pics, so we can see the aftermath of the alcohol soaken entanglements... .
    Last edited by Skid; 23-01-2016 at 12:06 AM. Reason: laughing

Has the Author of this Circuit updated it recently Skid?

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleader View Post
    Has the Author of this Circuit updated it recently Skid?
    Not that I know of.... Are you having probs?

No, just too bumpy and unrealistic in the braking zones!! so I don't enjoy this version of this circuit.

When checking the reviews of all the various Bathurst track mods, their is and always will be differing opinions on what is realistic or not (to smooth, to bumby, to wide, to narrow, etc, etc), but...
    ATM AC or it's track mods/conversions don't have a Laser scanned version available. So after the AEF|RT tested all the different track versions, it was chosen as "best of the bad bunch" (so to speak) that's available ATM.

Have you played around with your suspension settings? (softer, looser, higher, etc) for bumpy tracks, as these car mods chosen have no default setups for this sort of track and are probably (out of the box) suited for smoother purpose built race tracks (harder, tighter, lower, etc).

This onboard clip might show how bumpy or smooth this track might actually be... (and they've got a supposedly correct setup for this track)

Anyway, we here your concerns and if it's of any help to all...
    The AEF|RT guy's will probably be doing some extensive practicing during this lead up week, so I'm sure they will be kind enough to post up some suggested tweaks, setups, etc. that may be of help to those having any sort of probs.
    Last edited by Skid; 23-01-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: aixelsyD

Thanks Skid,
    I am fully aware of all of that, I am also aware of how much work is involved in making a track for AC, as I am in the process of doing just that myself (It is a long term project) which may never be completed , so appreciate what the modder has done in this case.
    But having Driven on 2 Laser scanned versions of this track in both iRacing and Raceroom Racing experience, they are both very similar in smoothness of track surface and are much smoother into turn 2 for example, I just personally dislike this version of the circuit.
    I am also going of of AC a little at the moment, which may be part of it! for reasons to numerous to mention here.
    When I get back from tour I will give it another try with an open mind and see from there but at this moment I am afraid I will not be joining you guys for this event.
    Maybe I am just spoilt by having the 2 laser scanned versions to race on!

Hi GL,

Sounds ambitious - making a track! Not sure if I would take it on! Would you consider making a thread on Track Building and detailing your build/experience etc? I think most of us would find it very interesting. Do you use Blender for this type of project? I have had a look at Blender and find it remarkable, but I'm not sure I have enough of a lifetime left to learn it!

I know what you mean re mods. I'm on the fence re mods, because they are not the producer's work I tend to view them with suspicion. Having said that, I was into mods in a big way for Silent Hunter 3 - GWX project etc. Excellent, thoughtful work made the game reach a new level. So I can be convinced on the subject and have seen some super car models for AC - real quality work.

Not having experienced (digital or real) Bathurst outside of our current selection it is impossible for me to comment on bumps/road surface/ corner radius etc. But I know there are a lot of Bathurst fans out there, so sometimes you just have to take what you have offered. Let's hope that AC have Bathurst pencilled in for inclusion down the track.

If you have not given AC SP a go for awhile, check it out - not the greatest AI but it does not Kamikaze you like some of the dolts on the public server!

Good luck with your track build!

Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Culpa View Post
    Hi GL,
    Sounds ambitious - making a track! Not sure if I would take it on! Would you consider making a thread on Track Building and detailing your build/experience etc? I think most of us would find it very interesting. Do you use Blender for this type of project? I have had a look at Blender and find it remarkable, but I'm not sure I have enough of a lifetime left to learn it!

Good luck with your track build!
    When I start up again, I am sure I can doa little thread with some stuff!
    I used Bobs Track Builder to begin with, which is primarily for rFactor and Race 07 Tracks, I got to a point I had the whole terrain and Racing surface complete and was ready to start running laps to test in Race07, but then over at OLDr we switched to AC and my project kind of fizzled out, I did start to use Blender to convert the Race07 Geometry ready for AC but then went on tour and so did not have a computer capable of running AC to any sort of degree to test the track, so again it fizzled out. I did just buy the new piece of software from Brendan Pywell (Bob's Track Builder) which is essentially BTB 2 aimed towards AC, so we shall see if I get the bug again, and what happens!

Off the beaten path a bit. Will the server after today be bathurst with those cars. I really would like to be sure I can join as it is a mod track with mod cars

Life is not straight forward...so go around

Yes Kurbs.. We plan to run the Mount Panorma and V8Supercars (links in first post) all week on the AEF Australasia public server.

The
    "AEF Aust.-PRAC-[etc]" 24/7 public server for the "AEF Bathurst 150" is now up for practice.

Server is setup to practice for the mandatory 2 pitstop - 25 lap race

Amb 35deg. - Open Setups - x500% Tyre wear rate - x300% Fuel rate

Please advise if anything may need changing for the race on Saturday.

I just tried out the 25 lap race on the server. It took me just over an hour. The chat log looked like this:

AEF etchasketch crashed into the wall

The track and car are really unforgiving. While i didnt notice any different handling with the damage, the flat spots on the tyres (which degraded to 90% really quickly) meant I was all over the place. It's quite frustrating.

LOL.. I hope it wasn't you ricocheting off the walls and it was just the "server incident reports" being too sensitive.

Server broadcasting incidents now turned off. (Who needs'em when we're clipping the walls so much anyway)

So your saying your hard tyres weren't giving you enough wear to do at least 15laps? which is what we're aiming for in a 2 pitstop 25 lap race. (need to change them at least once)
    I know my Softs were shot in just 1 or 2laps, but my hards felt alright in the short time I tested today.

We'll test further (longer) next chance and see if the WR's may need adjusting.... Cheers.
    Last edited by Skid; 25-01-2016 at 01:32 AM.

Started with full tank and MTyres. Just me on track so rubbering up was an issue.
    Medium tyres, lap 4, left front really bad. all others ok
    lap 5 RFront bad
    Lap 12 noticing change in track grip. getting more grippy but tyres are feeling worn. one more lap of fuel on board. both fronts are RED on AC damage app. If I dont pit now Ill be a dumdum. if this race is a 2 stopper then it will be fine.

Had a few friends over yesterday testing this and they set a new Mount Panorama record for hitting just about every wall and barrier on every lap. I had one go and spun the car on take off in the pits and slammed into the pit wall. Looks like Team CaesarX will be finishing last on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Skid View Post
    So your saying your hard tyres weren't giving you enough wear to do at least 15laps? which is what we're aiming for in a 2 pitstop 25 lap race. (need to change them at least once)
    I know my Softs were shot in just 1 or 2laps, but my hards felt alright in the short time I tested today.
    I was running S3 (Mediums). I didn't try Hard, so that's my fault.

The amount of combined cars/laps to increase track grip from green to max.. might be catching a few out aswell, as generally it's not busy when practicing.

I'll adjust it for less cars/laps to increase track grip, adjust WR's were needed and add "Tyre Blankets" when I get on for testing today.

PS: @ CX.. You know what they say sometimes about "Slow and Steady.."
    I'm generally mid pack runner.. and once I finished 2nd out've 20odd starters at the concrete walled "Surfers Paradise" track from all the crashes & DNF's that ocurred in front of me.. (hehe)
    Last edited by Skid; 25-01-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: PS

Is it quicker to pit (re-fuel and repair) by drive just past the pits, hit escape, return to pits and then leave the pits with desired setup. how do you police that? or is that disabled somehow. eg. someone hits the wall at hells corner and damages their steering arm, instead of having to drive all the way to pits with damage they just hit esc and return to pit. thats their pit stop done and damage fixed in a flash. Now suppose that someone is "etch" (no offense or wishful thinking), now I've got even less chance of beating him with a super pit stop.

Use of . . "ESC - Back to Pit"

If you sustain damage during the course of a race you may drive back to the pits for repairs. This must be done under the power of your own car.

You cannot use the 'ESC' and 'Back to Pits' option. If it is not possible for you to drive back to the pits under the power of your own car then you must retire from the race.

This includes engine failure, mechanical failure or being stuck in the sand etc.

If you use the 'Back to Pit' option during a race you will be disqualified from the race results and may incur further penalties.

You may you use the 'ESC' and 'Back to Pit' option during Practice and Qualifying sessions only, but must bring the car to a stand still in a safe position prior to doing so.

Last edited by Skid; 25-01-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Toxi will join you for some fun, organising mods now, 3 nights practice is enough to be competitive right?

Welcome aboard Toxi!

With three nights practice a week I suspect you probably won't get lapped by the slower guys ...

DIRT Rally comp starts on the 30/1 if you are interested.

Enjoy!

Awesome. More sensible drivers.

Life is not straight forward...so go around

OK, taken the plunged out pulled out the G27, Assetto all downloaded with the mods for this event.

Now for a couple nights practice, I hope. I'll be the one down the back with Cx.

Good one ColKlink... Do you have alcohol fueled "Alien" co-drivers on your side of the screen as well?

(Yeah, that's right... Where a wake up to you guy's.)

No, although I won't be ruling out some 'dutch courage' being used on my part.

But I desperately need help with the controller. The steering wheel isn't working for some reason. Can't get out of pit straight.
    Last edited by ColKlink; 27-01-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Team CaesarX is actually looking rather good at the moment. My two drivers, who are being paid in Beer and Steaks, are shaping up rather well. I think one of them managed a 2:16 yesterday.

I'm out, controller stuffed.

I'm looking for some g27 pedals if you want to shift them?