Skip Barber @ Oulton Park

iRacing is looking pretty good. Did not hear your named called Matt?
    How does the FFB feel with the Skip?
    It is great in rF2.

It feels great. Best car to race, as you see from the numbers.

This race is on while I'm at work, so no good for me, but worth a try for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It feels great. Best car to race, as you see from the numbers.

This race is on while I'm at work, so no good for me, but worth a try for you guys.
    I really need to get back into iRacing, I really like the Skippy and the guys racing are generally a really good bunch, very helpful.

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran

I was quite impressed by the video - graphically pleasing. It is the "elephant in the room" re sim racing - eventually you have to think about the package. Initially I was put off by the early reports of the "i" in iRacing standing for ice - as in the lack lustre feedback. Empty Box seems quite impressed with iRacing so those early concerns have obviously been addressed. A lot to like about this title.

But the big fly in the ointment is the price, it seems open-ended. Not overly impressed with the initial twelve car offering - some strange US cars, Oz Ford V8, and the Mazda. You get 14 tracks but not sure what the mix is. link here to Membership page. US$12 for an extra car and US$12-14 for tracks. Dig the crazy camber on the oval car.

Whereas with AC, you get a stack of quality free mod content plus it is still being developed.

After playing with the Skip Barber in rF2 I would like to have a drive in iRacing.

iracing.jpg

BTW I have 8 hrs in rFactor2. When I get to 10 hrs I'll post an update to my review.

The catch with Iracing is the cost. The way to beat this, is by racing, as you get dollar credits for racing seasons, and looking for discounts as always. But I always think, the cost is nothing to the cost of your hardware or even a real world racing licence.

What you get for that, is incredible racing with packed grids, with top racers, with realistic physics, at any time of the day, every hour.

Also you mentioned that AC is still being developed, iRacing is also still being developed, and although it is a very good sim they are still pushing the boundaries, they just introduced marbles coming off tyres as well as evolving racing line which is affected the weather conditions as well as by sunlight hitting it over time as well as a line rubbering in.
    There are also many more things in the pipeline!
    The other thing with the cost is generally one a year around the Black Friday Holiday there is a half price sale where you can normally find a code to get yourself a years worth of racing subscription for half price. Also as only 10, I think, of your best 12 results in each 12 week season count towards your championship standings you do not need to buy all of the tracks in the season each time they change circuits in the series.

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran