Thread: Ffb

Ffb

In another thread I have been comparing my exprience with AC, rF2 and iRacing. One of the interesting points to come from this is force feedback. A little digging reveals this to be a highly subjective topic amongst the car sim community. Add into this the wide variety of hardware that players have and you have a recipe for heated discussion! I have the workhorse of the car sim world - the venerable Logitech G27. Although showing signs of age it is doing a remarkable job.

I had heard of FFB clipping but had not thought much of it. My recent experience prompted me to look a bit closer at this topic. in short, I found a useful app called "FFBClip" - http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...clip-app.7910/

Check out the link for the download and instructions on how to use this app. An image of the app in action is displayed below, unfortunately I cleared the clipping data.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFB.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	2955

In short, you drive a couple of laps. The yellow text will suggest what level to set the FFB to - this is achieved in-game by using the keypad - and + keys.
    Then set the Car FFB mult (centre bottom) to the same value that you just set the in-game FFB to.
    Then drive another lap or two, examine the hard and mild clipping percentages. Some hard clipping is to be expected and 2-3 percent of mild clipping is reasonable (app percent format: x.xx%).

The recommendation is for this car and this track. The instructions provide a fuller explanation.

Have fun clipping!

Highly recommended and a good description there Felix.

Sure does cut down the guess work when fine tuning your ffb setup. (Some more info. here)

This needs to be in our "AC: Apps & Mods" thread... yeah?

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Interesting read. Thanks Felix. I do find that to be fast I often tell myself to turn slightly before I should actually turn. Now I know why drifting in AC is hard for me when Ive done it heaps in real life. its the reaction time feed back issue.

thinking of starting with a monitor upgrade. Im sure thatll save a few mil.seconds

Life is not straight forward...so go around

That "Interesting Read" certainly was indeed.

Adjusted my montior FOV for 1:1 vision and straight away! found out where any lag was coming from...

...my brain.

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

😛 that can be a problem

Life is not straight forward...so go around