Thread: rFactor2

rFactor2

Fun with physics!

rF2, automobilista, dirt rally, assetto on sale at steam.

rFactor 2 is in the "Steam Winter Sale" which began today! (23.12.16)

50% OFF!.. until January 2nd (and yes, that includes multiplayer).

You can check out Studio 397's latest build release, free DLC and Roadmaps for rF2 >> HERE

As some may already know, rF2 is in AEF|RT's crosshairs as a future addition to our stable of official racing sims...
    and with all the changes and updates about to unfold in 2017 (and beyond), it's not far away from being included.

I doubt they'll be repeating this 50% discount anytime soon
    too. So if you haven't already, it'll be a cheap 20bux well spent.

Last edited by Skid; 23-12-2016 at 07:37 PM. Reason: none

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Now that multiplayer is included for free it is a steal at 50% off. RF2 seemed to have stalled prior to Studio 397 coming on the scene. Looking forward to what they do with this title. Reiza polished rf1 engine into AMS to such a degree it feels like a new game. Hope S397 can do the same with rf2.

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give this old chestnut a bump. You probably have noted some of my comments re cutting a few laps in the 2018 AC Rd 1 format, so I have been playing this recently. After playing AC I cranked up rF2 and cut a few laps in a few cars. For my money, it is a far more enjoyable sim handling wise than AC. Certainly in the tin top car type that I generally play. AC has a good rep for open wheelers so perhaps I should go there. From my reading AC is as good as done and AC2 is on the cards. rF2 finally has some motivated people developing it and seems to be going in the right direction - rain has recently been added.

Could not get the Project Cars 2 demo to work, seems to have the vote on eye candy, but rF2 and AMS still have it for handling, according to some commentators.

Any thoughts on moving on from AC?

As our official AEF AC League Championship/s snowballs along for yet another year (4?) and judging by it's ongoing popularity (both here and worldwide) we will still be continuing on into the near future with whatever Kunos Simulazioni release next.

But...

As stated and discussed many times before.. Yes, it would be cool to have another sim title hosted and run by AEF to add variety for some other AEF league sim racing comp/s., but, it's only viable if we have the numbers and the support to run it for it to work.

It takes time to build up a following to regularly compete in any type of serious league sim racing, because you'll always get those that just want to try that something new from the other side of the hill, to then either find it to difficult with no practice, and/or drop it quick smart when something else grabs their short attention span.
    Rally for example had a lot of promise as an alternative style of league sim racing for AEF, but as it's honeymoon period decreased (or the losing frustration set in) competing numbers dwindled to diddleysquat, making for the effort to setup and conduct any further rally comps an unappreciated waste of time.

Admittedly not all people wish to compete at such a high level of simulated racing that is LSR and it's completely understandable.... League Sim Racing simply is not for them. They're find their more happy to stick with offline v AI so they can mash the'ol esc button, or race on the plethora of online sim races that cater for meaningless, pickup sprint racing or hotlapping with randoms anytime they like.

So with that little insight out of the way.. >_O ...

My advice for anyone wanting to introduce a new sim racing title to members with view of having it looked at to be added and run by AEF and it's server for regular members comps, etc. would be...

- Start by self hosting an event/s and invite everyone.
    - Host something that doesn't compete with any style of racing that members are currently concentrating on, (eg: AEF AC Championship/s) because as we all know, different sims have different handling characteristics which can have adverse affects when mixed.
    - Post into our forums it's details, format, etc... Steer clear of any short sprint type style of racing as people can do that anytime, anywhere, elsewhere online whenever they like.
    - Host some pre practice night/s to gauge interest beforehand.

...Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Skid; 23-01-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: ..spieling

No problems there Skid. Usually these things come down to time as well. Most of us have to practice to be able to get a semi-decent time. So multiple titles is always going to be a demanding time ask - for drivers and the administrator.

For those wishing to try other titles there are leagues out there whatever title you fancy. Sticking to the established title has its advantages of course and any change should only be with group consensus.

Just sayin rF2 is developing into a very nice sim - IMHO!

Trying not to sound like a broken record here, but...

AEF is always looking for other sim racing disciplines to add/host for our members, no matter what sim title it may be from.
    Just not a race discipline that competes with what we have already established with our AC Championships and running multiple sims in this AEF Sim Racing genre is no problem to admin if there's enough interested members capable to run (or help run) them.

Anyways, if the day ever comes, the types of sim racing disciplines we might be interested in IF they get
    support would be...

Oval Racing (Nascar, Indycar, etc)
    Rally/RX/Offroad
    Dirt Speedway
    Watercraft
    Dirt/Road Bikes?
    ...etc.

...It's entirely up to the AEF|RT Members.

PS:
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Culpa View Post
    No problems there Skid. Usually these things come down to time as well. Most of us have to practice to be able to get a semi-decent time. So multiple titles is always going to be a demanding time ask - for drivers and the administrator.
    With a bi-weekly championship race.. Who in the name of all things sane practices for 2 weeks?.. oh wait, soz Kurbs. >_O
    Last edited by Skid; 23-01-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: PS