AEF Member

Video - Shot Down By Mig 21!?

Its been a while since I've suffered the embarrasment of being shot down by a Mig21 (J-7), so I was interested to see the ACMI that Sting captured. I've never seen AI act like this- very cheeky. Below 200' the whole way using terrain for masking and then pulled to the vertical for a heater shot at us at 28K! Not only that the cloud tops were only a couple of thousand feet below us so he managed to do it in cloud! Made us look silly!

Didnt have enough respect for these guys, should've extended and allowed cowboy to look rather than turning head on and expecting to blitz them.

Sting 9 (F-18C)
    -1 Kai
    -2 Sting

Magic (AWACS West)
    -Cobra

Sentry (AWACS East)
    -Tempest

Cowboy 2 (F-16s)
    -1 Spartan
    -2 Chippie

(were also two other F16 flights not in vid)
    Last edited by Kaiza; 23-06-2016 at 08:30 AM.

AEF Member
    Yes interesting stuff, impressive machine that can pick you up visually threw 3000ft of clouds!!

Was also interesting that they split as well making it just that little more confusing.

Of note: Without giving too much of the BMS magic away, the RWR (in the public version) is no longer the precise azimuth indicating piece of equipment it once was.

looks exactly like how Zomba in his 21 preys on those hot shot CAP guys in modern fighters on the pub server.
    Last edited by Panthro; 01-07-2016 at 04:34 PM.

"161 SQN flys the AEF flag the highest"

AEF Member
    Really good to know the Mig21's are this good... I will remember this next time I get painted with a 21 in the RWR

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting49 View Post
    Yes interesting stuff, impressive machine that can pick you up visually threw 3000ft of clouds!!.
    Finally got this one fixed in the next BMS build

Code:
    IR and visual (AI) sensors are now affected by weather. Cumulus will break LOS, fog below & inside stratus layer will break it depending on distance crossed in each layer
    Last edited by Sting49; 02-11-2016 at 02:39 PM.

AEF Member
    Nice! But what will our excuse be next time?