IL-2 BOS/BOM - Wings of Liberty server

Myself and some of the RAAF guys have been flying on the WOL server regularly on Thursday and Sunday nights using the BOS teamspeak. Here is some footage taken by RAAF Smouch of a mission last Thursday. Note I was sent on the first pass and got nailed by a Flak 38!

Hi Shuto,
    Glad to hear that you have caught up with the RAAF guys. Been meaning to get on but the planets are not coming into alignment.
    Hope to catch you online sometime.
    L

I've been on the WoL server on and off for the last few weeks, and it's become apparent that lone-wolfing is just not fun (especially as Russian). Thanks to shuto and the RAAF guys it's been a lot more fun thanks to teamwork.

I have real trouble spotting and keeping track of planes. I'm not sure if it's something to do with my setup (1920x1200, mostly high quality) or the game has weird draw distances, where planes at range disappear if I look away from them. And yet I seem to get bounced by every enemy I see. Oh well. I assume that everyone that shoots me down has 10,000 hours practice.

Felix, I really enjoyed your custom missions and it was really fun doing co-op.

Thx for the positive feedback Etch!
    Having a bit of a rest from BOS as sim racing seems to absorb all my gaming time at the moment.
    Glad to hear you have caught up with the RAAF guys and that Shuto is joining in.
    I'm hoping that the Sunday evening get together stays firm and down the track we can get together for some coop style events.
    The sailing season is just around the corner and that will probably wipe me out for Sunday evenings - too old, too unfit!
    So many great games on the market at the moment. We really are spoilt for choice.

We had 8 players teamed up on WOL tonight - formations of PE-2's with fighter cover , and then a mass fighter sweep - great fun...