Thread: iRacing FFB

iRacing FFB

Matt has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - AEF|RT Members - AC: League Championship 2016 - in the Assetto Corsa forum of AEF Community.
    This thread is located at:
    http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/showth...6&goto=newpost
    Here is the message that has just been posted:
    How does AMS FFB compare to Iracing FFB?
    I've always struggled with the FFB in AC
    end quote

Hi Matt,

Seem to have lost my original post and your response, but to respond to your question.
    I was racing the AMS Super V8 (Holden/Ford) after the recent update, which has a lot of work in the FFB area. I have always been impressed with AMS FFB, regarding it better than rF2, but the latest update has taken it to another level. I thought I would try the iRacing CTS-V as a comparison. It felt lame in comparison to AMS, very lame! The feedback through the wheel is so superior in AMS it puts all other sims in the shade. I did think that iRacing FFB was good prior to the AMS upgrade and as an all round package it is still very good - but I look forward to iR updating its FFB at some point.
    AC FFB is its Achilles heel IMHO and is a real downer. I would like to try the Maserati 250F in the Red Pack but not sure I will get it due to the FFB. Has the red pack improved the FFB? Let's hope AC2 will improve in this area, although the devs don't think there is anything wrong with the current model, and some punters say they prefer the AC FFB.
    At the moment I'm racing more with Race Department's AMS guys. The driving experience is so good in AMS. Just an opinion of course, and I appreciate there will be variation between different rigs/hardware. Obviously with my setup it is an enjoyable experience.

Leigh

PS If you have not experienced rF2/AMS graphics previously it may seem a bit clunky at first. It is a different palette and different technology, perhaps more of an American palette compared to the darker colours of Europe. It takes a little while to come to terms with it, but is more than adequate. The iR visual experience is still the best overall (more 3d objects I think). AMS has AI, which is a plus compared to iR.
    We are spoilt for choice at the moment. AMS is well worth a look.
    http://www.game-automobilista.com/

Very interesting. I've always thought of trying rF as so many have said it is the best driving experience, but the graphics have put me off. I may try AMS just to see what it feels like.

As I say, well worth a try. Although I have rF2 and AMS, I have more hours on AMS because of the fun factor. Race Department AMS Europe is active, so some good racing to be had there I'm sure.
    Not sure what is to come in AMS prior to version one, but they have made a fine race sim to date.
    BTW although I enjoy the game I am still in the bottom quartile multiplayer racing wise!
    And the default AI is 105% and my PB is usually very close to the last placed AI! With the AI leaders another 2 secs away!
    Tyre wear, track rubbering etc is very good.