Thread: Porsche 911

Porsche 911

Hi Guys,

Just took the Porsche 911 for a spin around Nords and Spa. Very enjoyable, maybe my favourite car in AC. Made last week's Mazda 787 drive feel like a shopping trolley in comparison.
    Don't know if it was tyre model 10 or if the overall 911 computer model suits the underlying AC track model or not, but it felt like a step up from my previous experience.
    As you all would appreciate, some interpretations have a better feel than others.

Who does not love the 60's GP cars?! Enjoy the iR Lotus 49 and the AC version is pretty good. AMS are about to release a 66 and 69 (wings) Vintage class. Looking forward to trying these out.

https://youtu.be/ztc5X-MdWBc

https://youtu.be/pW3AAruX3tc
    Last edited by Felix_Culpa; 30-07-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Do you mean AC's > RUF Rt12 AWD ? ..(or a Porsche 911 mod)

Their were some small improvements to the current v7 TM (as vaguely mentioned below)... or you might have just struck a good car/combo that suits your driving technique or wheel/FFB setup.
    ATM the new V10 TM is not implemented into any of AC's cars apart from the new "Red Pack" ones .. that was just released.

Tyre model improvements and v10
    The new build also introduces improvements of the current v7 tyre model, with tyre temperatures being more sensitive to initial tyre pressures, improvements in the realigning force and more. Furthermore, as an additional proof of KUNOS commitment to realistic physics, we introduce the new tyre model v10 for some of the new RedPack cars. The new tyre model follows the handling philosophy of KUNOS and offers a very similar driving feel, but at the same time is a complete rewrite that permits us to validate much better our results with real life data, hence the jump from v7 to v10. All Assetto Corsa cars will be eventually updated to the new tyre model, in the following months.
    I think it's a bit of a long straw to compare different AC cars or their handling with any imported modded ones. Most mods haven't updated to v5 of AC's tyre model, let alone v6, 7 or even v10... Probably because of all the frequent and ongoing development by Kunos. (which of course is always a good thing). So it makes it hard to search for HQ mods these days.

BTW., here's a groovy pic of PC's version of a lotus with wings you later mentioned..... Noice. (In a primitive, early day's "1st flight" kind of way)

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Prettiest car I've seen.

Sent from my Samsung Note2 on tapatalk about x klms from my pc

Life is not straight forward...so go around

That Lotus looks really cool!

Dang! I remember reading about Porsche coming to AC and when I saw the Porsche logo when selecting a car I thought it must have been an update!
    But obviously a mod! Cannot remember installing it or driving it previously!
    The sound files were so good I thought it must have been an official car!
    Something else to look forward to then, the AC Porsche.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	911.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	3168
    Last edited by Felix_Culpa; 30-07-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Yep, I reckon you'd have to wonder what tyre model version that Porsche mod is running if it felt that good for you Felix.. and then make sure it's not giving you any out of the norm results in it's handling.

If anyone hasn't tried AC's new v10 TM out thoroughly in a full race blat as yet.... AEF|RT are hosting the new Masserati GT MC GT4 public race tonight... Details > HERE.
    Last edited by Skid; 30-07-2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: words

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::