Thread: Ride 2

Ride 2

Hi Chaps

Sorry i haven't been around for a while, I moved into my new house last year and the steering wheel never really made it back out the box. I've been playing games that I can play on a control pad (i know, i know) and I've come across Ride 2.

What a game! I recon if we got a multiplayer going it would be total winner.

The game has it all, if you take all the assists off its a really technical and really really rewarding game. Loads of bikes and tracks, bike modifications, fully adjustable bikes, different weather conditions.

I've put a video on YouTube of me doing a couple of laps around the french Riviera trying not to do wheelies in third gear on a big dirty Suzuki.

If anyone is keen for multiplayer let me know.

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by Skid; 10-01-2017 at 09:52 AM. Reason: YT link

Been keeping an eye on this bike sim for a while.. Impressive!

Motion platform anyone?...

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Cant believe you guys haven't got right into this yet.

I`m just hangin on round the Ulster road circuit, trying to dodge trees.

https://youtu.be/_NhgdNVAVow
    Last edited by Davos; 15-01-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Bit of ride, bit of Love Train. What more is there?

https://youtu.be/h_nVU_DYJ0w

More Ride 2 shinanigans. Im still surprised your not all playing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOIu...ature=youtu.be

Had a quick race with Davos and he was leap years faster - whatever that is!
    If you are into bikes it is arguably the best out there.
    If you have never tried a bike game, get a free copy of GP Bikes - http://www.gp-bikes.com/

Those of us who have eschewed the X-Box controller should consider, even with gritted teeth, buying one - I eventually did.
    For those of us new to the X-Box controller it is another learning curve to hack through, but it will improve the gaming experience.

More coordinated individuals, like etch, will take little time but I took about 20 hrs before I was comfortable with it.

Would love a set of controls like these - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwR1mKZDbU0

Catch you on the RIDE2 track!

you could make that controller so easily from an old joystick/joypad and a bike. You just take out the circuit board with the potentiometer still attached and glue it to the top of the steering column of the bike.

AEF Member
    It's fun to do in real life too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    It's fun to do in real life too.
    Knowing how Crow likes his simulator gear... Here's one for when it mightn't be ideal conditions outside for the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BSsimracing.com
    Racing simulator have come a long way since the early days of the arcade racing game console. These days, we regard the high-spec racing simulator hardware and software as serious training tools for the real-world racing driver. However, most of the innovation and the specialized hardware that became available is geared towards the car racing enthusiast and professional.

These days we have also a good amount of motorcycle simulation titles on the market. However, when it comes to dedicated hardware to control these motorbike simulations, there is as good as no gear available. The reason is pretty simple. Simulating the physics of a motorcycle and its rider is a lot harder than the average car simulation. The same can be said of developing dedicated hardware for a motorcycle simulation. This makes the design, development, and commercial strategy very different from today’s car simulation efforts, resulting in only a few marketable products. Nevertheless, there are some specialized companies out there, who are hard at work to change the numbers.

The multinational Cruden company, who is one of the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and integrator of professional open architecture driving simulators for the automotive, motorsport and marine industries, are developing the world’s first professional-grade motorcycle simulator called the B306-HMD.

The full motion motorbike simulator has been in development since 2005 and is aimed at professionals, manufacturers, race teams, universities, research institutions and road safety organizations. The B306-HMD package is built on a 6-DOF motion system in hexapod configuration.

Cruden’s sophisticated simulation system uses depth-map sensors to continuously detect exactly how the rider is positioned on the bike and uses this information to alter vehicle behavior accordingly while a very stiff steering actuator generating 50Nm of steer torque allows for realistic counter-steering capabilities. Because riding a motorcycle requires a very large field of view, Cruden decided to use a Head Mounted Display (VR) which responds to the user’s head movements, and not to the movements of the motion platform.

The B306-HMD motorcycle simulator is available now. We agree that professional and expensive solutions like these are not for the home user or even a small company, but its a start. Not so long ago, high-end car racing simulators where exclusive products for the professionals and the super rich. We now all know how fast that has changed. So it is clear that in the not so far future we will be able to enjoy a full motion motorcycle simulation in the comfort of our homes.

Official Webpage – www.cruden.com

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::