So I had a look at ED...

...and now Im completely addicted!! I blame my new Oculus Rift entirely.

I've been playing in Solo Mode to get a feel for everything and am well onto my way getting into a new Cobra.

Do you guys have a PvE only group I could join?

Cheers

Psycho

Hi Psycho, glad your enjoying it. We, 54TW, are out and about doing various things often. Wednesday nights are our designated night for doing somethi8ng co-operatively. But yeah, you can catch us on other nights as well.

Squadron Leader
    Heya,

I've been hitting ED a bit as well in my own Private Group... hanging around Maka/Kivah... its been a year since I last played.. so slowly getting back into it.

Feel free to add me: Zyfr-NZ (I also use the same as my steam id)

One nice touch I've noticed with the comms that occur when you near a coriolis base... traffic control addresses me as DeLacy Zulu Yankee Foxtrot.. I'm flying the Cobra Mk.III

Z.
    --
    You don't need to be a better shot. You just need to shoot more bullets...

Welcome aboard Fella's

Welcome to a world/universe from whence you shall NEVER escape!

Prepare to spend an ungodly amount of your money-making time being side tracked by things!

Doing a trade run into a system where there's battleships? I'll just go take a look what they fou....

20170108223933_1.jpg
    "No Retreat, No Surrender!

"I see my dreams as if I already hold them in my hands.
    I dare to dream big for it is me who creates my world..."

I had an epic night on Sunday and earned around 2 mill in an hour at a High RES site in my sidewinder. Bought the Cobra and started fitting it. Tried the same trick last night and totally had my arse handed to me by NPC's lol. Then noticed I had a 'dormant Bounty' on me...hence why the cops were brassing me up.

Was also trying to tweak graphic settings to get the most out of the game and after reading a ton of forum posts, find myself completely confused by debug tools, pixel densities, SS, ASW projections etc. AFAIK, the best method seems to be striking a balance between best pixel density first, then SS, then tweaking the rest of the textures. Still havent got it where Id like it to be. Maybe time to overclock the 6700k and the GTX1080FTW.

More importantly... what happens if Ive started in Solo Play, then I join a group? Does my solo character stay on the solo version and I have to start a new one in the different groups?

And lastly - does 54TW have a PvE group? If not, I might just join Zyfr. But would be cool if we could get as many of us together in one group as possible (but you guys are probably l337 pvP). :P

Squadron Leader
    Your CMDR is persistent across all game types... and i think you can only have 1 CMDR save.

Am hauling cargos as i type this reply..

Where you located??

Z.
    --

Thanks for the quick response mate. Im currently around Trella. Im there because I thought id run with Federaration, Trella has some nice RES sites, and there's an Anarchy system (menambe?) next door where I can sell ill-gotten loot

Am still very green to this game and find that im doing more reading out of game (to learn) than in game at the moment. Because Im using the Rift, i kinda cant multi-task on my multiple monitors (how I used to when I played Eve Online).

So Zyf, i have no idea where you are and not even sure if there's an out of game map I could look at to tell (am not in game atm)

Squadron Leader
    Ah. You are near LHS3447. I am about 170odd LYs away..bout 14 jumps for me... i am only here coz i've been wandering aimlessly through the verse. Going where the transport missions have been taking me.

Could wonder back towards you. FWIW its a big verse and you'll come across many anarchy systems... my aim right now is outfitting my ship. And i stumbled across Kivah which seems to have the high end modules for the cobra so i do wanna head back there to outfit at some point.

Z.
    --

How do I join your group mate? Do i need an invite or something? My game name is Chop Norton

Squadron Leader
    Just flicked you a friend request

Z.
    --

just sent you both a friends request as well. I've not much help atm in game co-op wise as I'm out near the core. But there's usually someone to link up with.

OH. btw 54TW is mainly PvE, only occasionally PvP.
    Last edited by ColKlink; 24-01-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Best thing to do early on is find a good system controlled by either Fed or Emp to settle in as a base and do heaps of missions to get your rep up for the controlling faction/s that is/are part of Fed/Emp. By getting in cosy with them you will gain friendly status with the system cops who will then assist you if you bounty hunt at the nav beacon or any res sites within the system.

There's plenty of options in PvE to make money, if you want the combat then bounty hunting in a wing or stacking skimmer missions (only kill wanted/lawless targets) will do it. If you want something more placid then shipping missions are a simple alternative but be prepared to evade the occasional interdictions. Mining in a Cobra Mk4 or passenger runs with a Type-6 are also good alternatives once you get some coinage.
    "No Retreat, No Surrender!

"I see my dreams as if I already hold them in my hands.
    I dare to dream big for it is me who creates my world..."