Thread: Hi from Guido

Smile Hi from Guido

Hi guys,

I'm Guido, Italian expat living in Beijing, China.

1. What games are you currently playing/looking to play within the AEF ?
    Assetto Corsa.

2. How did you come across the AEF Community ?
    Saw your post on steam AC discussion forum.

3. Tell us your age, and about previous gaming/clan experience.
    I'm 46, started playing racing sims in the early 90s with Indy 500, F1GP, Grand Prix 2, then GPL. Then a long hiatus, about 10 years. In 2014 I bought Assetto Corsa and a wheel, so I'm back

4. Why do you want to join the AEF ?
    Living in China I hope the ping won't be too bad, Saturday is also good for me and the time zone with Australia is more or less ok. I am not really a hardcore simmer, I just play on weekends but I amassed about 1500 hours in Assetto Corsa so at least I can keep the car on the tarmac. I'd like to try joining your league for fun, seeing that it's a bi-weekly thing I think I can manage. Thanks!

5. Tell us about yourself (eg. roughly where you live, where you work or study)
    I am Italian (Rome), about 10 years ago I moved to Beijing, studied Chinese, found a job in a big IT company, got married, now I have a baby 6 months old.

6. Let us know if you hold any specific IT, Web or Graphical expertise.
    Well I've been working in a web agency back in Italy but after 10 years I am quite rusty.. I do technical training on PC hardware now.

Welcome to AEF.

G'day Guido.. and welcome to the AEF.

I think your time difference is pretty similar to some of our members from the west coast of Australia? If so, it just means you might have to rush your feed time is all. (Yours, not bubs.. )

Tomorrow night (Friday) should see a few of us online practicing for Satdy's c/ship race. Jump on anytime in our TeamSpeak channel and I'll show you around the AEF ropes for your VI. (We're a pretty easy going lot, as you'll soon find out)
    We should then be able to get you squared away as a member to view the AEF|RT private forums for the more in depth race details/rules/discussions, etc. and most importantly, in time to start in our opener on Saturday night... yeah?

PS: Any probs. with anything at all, or if tomorrow night doesn't suit on TS, give me a yell via PM or in here and I might be able to do something for you during the days.

Last edited by Skid; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:28 PM. Reason: PS

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Quote Originally Posted by Skid View Post
    G'day Guido.. and welcome to the AEF.

I think your time difference is pretty similar to some of our members from the west coast of Australia? If so, it just means you might have to rush your feed time is all. (Yours, not bubs.. )

Tomorrow night (Friday) should see a few of us online practicing for Satdy's c/ship race. Jump on anytime in our TeamSpeak channel and I'll show you around the AEF ropes for your VI. (We're a pretty easy going lot, as you'll soon find out)
    We should then be able to get you squared away as a member to view the AEF|RT private forums for the more in depth race details/rules/discussions, etc. and most importantly, in time to start in our opener on Saturday night... yeah?

PS: Any probs. with anything at all, or if tomorrow night doesn't suit on TS, give me a yell via PM or in here and I might be able to do something for you during the days.

Hi Skid, thanks for the welcome, I will try to be online this evening. Yes, the time zone here in Beijing is the same as Perth. So your 7:30 pm should be 5:30 pm here, right? Ping wise I sometimes play on Marty's Aussie servers and see a value around 200-250 and very stable, which is doable. Talk to you later!

No probs... I should be in TS around 7.30pm AEST > onwards.

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::