AEF Member

Dirt 4 Announced

Just trailer:

Trailer + a little more info:

Last edited by Kaiza; 27-01-2017 at 07:27 AM.

AEF Member
    Probably time for some new tracks when you can recognise the corner at 00:40 as 1/4 way through Sweet Lamb in Wales.

This is the successor to Dirt Rally, due out in June 2017. (hmm.. puts a spanner in the works for our DR Championship schedule?.. Although, it was expected.)

Monte Carlo, Finland, Germany & Greece are to be replaced with.. Australia, Michigan, Spain and.. a new "Track Generator".

Paul Coleman writes...
    KickUp Member, Codemasters Champion

9:18PM

I'll be honest and say that I haven't had time to read the gossip thread today as I have been very busy talking to the press today. As I sit alone in a bar waiting for some food I thought I'd write this just so you know. ‬

We built DiRT 4 on the simulation that started with DiRT Rally. We've improved the simulation (Aero, Chassis, Tyres and much more) Basically all the stuff that you have been asking for. ‬

‪We've not dumbed anything down, we've just given players more ways to learn and get comfortable with rally so that the people who love the sport but can't handle the sim have a great game that they can play. Those that live for the simulation get an improved experience. I know it's hard to believe but we have managed to achieve both. ‬

‪You've asked for more content and Your Stage is our answer to that. We simply are not allowed to represent the actual iconic stages that we did for reasons beyond our control. What we have created is an incredible piece of technology that means that you will be able to generate new stages in our locations to your hearts content. I've worked in game development for 14 years now and this is the most incredible thing I've ever been involved with. This takes everything we did with DiRT Rally and takes it to the next level. ‬

‪This was a piece of technology that couldn't be added to DiRT Rally, its so much more than that and as more news comes out over the coming months it hope it aligns with your expectations. ‬

‪My food is here now but I hope that helps explain where we are coming from. I'll be catching up with the Gossip thread over the weekend but for now please rest assured that the spirt of Rally is still burning strong. ‬

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.
    Codies "Announcement Blog" >> http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/announcing-dirt-4/ ..(< scroll down for some interesting quotes/links)

and their "Gossip Thread" is going off ATM >> http://forums.codemasters.com/discus...ip-thread/p693

Redbull Q&A Interview >> http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stor...red-bull-games ..(< tons of info)
    Last edited by Skid; 27-01-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: update

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

This is what I don't understand about these sequels to racing games. Why don't they just keep older tracks?

Why isn't Dirt 4 just all the content of other Dirt games with an updated engine and more refined menus/gameplay?

And how is it possible for someone to "own" the stage layouts of real courses? I can understand the branding, but most of the stages are public roads easily viewable on google maps.

Ok, i'm calling it now: Your Stage (which will allow you to create unique stages) will work like this:

- You have a big static map (like Dirt Rally's Germany courses), and Your Stage just lets you draw a line around it plotting out a stage.
    - It will NOT be a random terrain and course generator, you will learn every road and corner just like before.
    - The map will be much smaller and constrained than some of the longer courses we see in Dirt Rally.

Sorry to be negative, but I'm just not feeling the hype.

Last edited by Skid; 29-01-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by etchasketch View Post
    This is what I don't understand about these sequels to racing games. Why don't they just keep older tracks?

Why isn't Dirt 4 just all the content of other Dirt games with an updated engine and more refined menus/gameplay?

And how is it possible for someone to "own" the stage layouts of real courses? I can understand the branding, but most of the stages are public roads easily viewable on google maps.
    Hmm.. Maybe a new trend is a happening.. and it's definately not a good one for sims in general.... Looky >> HERE

Good article by Paul Jeffery over at RD.

Click >> .... DiRT 4: A Look at 'Your Stage' Track Generation Tool