DiRT 4 - NEWS & Updates

Latest..

---------------------------------

NEWS
    & UPDATES
    ---------------------------------

( Prefer it straight from the horses mouth?... Then tap dance your DiRTY mouse finger on > THIS! )

Available on Steam - June 9th 2017 >> HERE

Last edited by Skid; 16-06-2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Yep, an update.

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Last edited by Skid; 10-04-2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: clip

About "Your Stage" and a closer look at the menus...

Last edited by Skid; 11-04-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Paul Coleman… On Dirt 4, the WRC, and the Love of Rally!
    By Jason Anthony

"We’ve taken big steps forward with our lighting and weather tech to ensure that the stages really feel a lot more atmospheric and immersive.
    Now that we have a much bigger variety of lighting conditions we are also able to do a lot more with our weather. That means that your place on the running order will
    determine what weather you’ll receive while you are out on stage. In fact you’ll find that weather events like a heavy rain shower can disperse while you are mid stage.
    We’ve also added more moments into our stages that should help make each stage feel a lot more alive than the stages in DiRT Rally." - Paul Coleman

Read Jason's insightful interview over at "The World Rally Blog" > HERE

Official Trailer....

AEF Member
    If it gets VR support I am in!

360p live show recording.. but has tons of very thorough info.

_______

..... and what looks like the last of the DiRT Show's before release on the 9th June. >>----->

KEY FEATURES:

OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2

5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales

THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series

LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico

JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends

DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!

CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards

COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world

NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system

TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style

DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

https://www.dirt4game.com

8 Day early release.. (for some).

..and he's the supersmooth "Porkhammer" tackling a generated Wales stage using no assists.
    Check out the pesky chopper at the 3.45min mark... o_o .. 0_0 .. >_< .. o_O .. o_o

Last edited by Skid; 03-06-2017 at 12:06 PM.

30 Details About DiRT 4

Your Stage

• This new feature generates rally stages based on two user-determined parameters: length and complexity. While these parameters look like they're adjusted via sliders, the sliders actually have fixed points. The length slider contains 10 points and the complexity slider four. The length slider changes the stage from about a mile to 10 miles, naturally changing the number of checkpoints along the way.
    • Once you hit the Generate Stage button you'll instantly see the stage. From here you can keep hitting the button until you see something you like. Each time you generate a new stage the terrain composition changes; sometimes you'll have more gravel or asphalt depending on the location.
    • Furthermore, while one stage may feature a town in the middle, for example, generating a new stage in the same location with the same perimeters may feature a town of a different size or skip it altogether. Similarly, environmental features like bridges, streams, log piles, and gates change every time you hit the button.
    • You can create up to 12 stages to constitute a single rally championship, and create four championships in total.
    • Time of day and weather conditions can be tweaked for your stage. Change the time of day from dawn until night (your headlights can be individually knocked out, so be careful after sunset!), and the weather includes varying degrees of precipitation from mist to heavy rain. The available weather depends on the location, as you can't make it snow in Australia, for example.
    • Tracks can be saved and set to friends. You can also sort through other players' stages via a track rating system, those curated by Codemasters, and other filters.
    • You can save any stage you generate locally on your system, and you also download stages you like from other people and play them – even if you're not online.
    • There will be asynchronous daily, weekly, and monthly challenges using the generated stages.
    • The co-driver directions in the generated stages are done well, naturally fitting in with the course. The timing can be adjusted from early to late.

Career Mode

• You start out as a driver for hire, fielding different offers from teams.
    • As you increase your winnings and reputation, reputation is what unlocks racing licenses, which in turn let you enter more events.
    • Within the licenses for Rally, Landrush, RallyCross, and Historic Rally, you also have different classes of vehicles and events within these licenses.
    • Your ultimate goal is the triple crown, which incorporates the best of Rally, Landrush, and RallyCross into a single event.
    • Cash allows you to buy a car, customize it via team branding and sponsors (which give you money), and set up your team organization. A team consists of your team mechanic and engineers.
    • You also increase your facilities (which includes R&D, how many cars you can have, and keeping your staff happy). Personnel have contracts that have to be renewed with cash.
    • Despite the team aspect of the career mode, you won't have an actual teammate on or off the track.
    • If you use a loaner vehicle, it'll come out of your credits at the end.
    • Everything is repaired, and keeping all your equipment in good condition is a prime directive for your team. Upgrading your team and making it good isn't about adding horsepower per se, but ensuring your parts degrade less.
    • Senior executive producer Clive Moody estimates that the average player will unlock the triple crown at about 25 hours, but this estimate entails skipping some championships.

Gameplay, Locations, Cars & More

• Rally locations are: Spain (all asphalt with lots of elevation changes), Sweden, Michigan (flatter and wider. Sort of an intro to the rally experience), Wales, and Australia. Landrush: California, Nevada, Baja. RallyCross: England, France, and Norway.
    • The vehicles you use in the difference disciplines (Rally, Historic Rally, LandRush, and RallyCross) include smaller ones like Landrush CrossKarts and rally kit cars.
    • Moody says Dirt 4's rally portion is like taking Dirt Rally and adding on post-release gameplay enhancements.
    • One example is how your car feels on tarmac and the game's surfaces, which should feel more consistent to drivers. What the tires do when they loose grip should be more consistent. Therefore, drivers should get better feedback once those tires lose grip and not be surprised as it happens.
    • The tight turning radius of the CrossKart takes getting used to, and makes it easy for you to spin out in corners.
    • Conversely, the trucks didn't feel lumbering. What set the Landrush stadium trucks apart in my mind was the tracks they raced on. One featured big drops and undulations that in my limited playtime distinguished it from some of the relatively more flat tracks.
    • I like the competition of the A.I., jostling as you enter corners and going into spontaneous spinouts. You can really feel this in RallyCross, with the joker path splitting cars off and joining the pack up again creating mayhem.
    • You have a limited number of restarts, but there isn't a rewind feature.
    • There are two handling models: Simulation (which is Dirt Rally with some enhancements included) and Gamer (which layers on some elements to make it easier for the average person). There are also traditional assists like ABS, traction control, and a brake assist.
    • Dirt Academy teaches players about basic and advance offroad techniques via interactive tutorials. There will be a large, open environment to teach and practice these in. Within the Academy there will also be block smashing and time attack challenges. Despite the Academy environment and block smashing, the game doesn't have any sort of Gymkhana-style game elements in the title due to licensing issues. However, Moody told me they probably wouldn't have included Gymkhana in Dirt 4 regardless.
    • There is no local, offline, splitscreen multiplayer for Dirt 4. Only online multiplayer

Source & more info. - Gameinformer.com
    Last edited by Skid; 05-06-2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Update

The AMA involving DiRT 4 Chief Game Designer Paul Coleman has recently come to a close on Reddit.

For the two hour period, Coleman addressed plenty of questions on the upcoming racer and along the way revealed some intriguing information that may make the title’s strong reveal even more tempting.

Perhaps the biggest drop of information came from a question regarding improvements in the popular RaceNet Leagues that were in DiRT Rally. These leagues allowed players to host a online time-trial series, with scope to have events over multiple weeks tweaking each event as you saw fit. Leagues are no more in the latest installment of the series, as they have been vastly improved in DiRT 4’s “Clubs” mode.
    In DiRT Rally, leagues could only exist on one platform which meant if you had willing participants on a rival console they would be unable to participate. “Clubs” will have cross-platform support which means you’ll be able to test yourself with players on every platform DiRT 4 will be offered on.

To further sweeten the deal, the previously announced “Your Stage” feature has been integrated into club management which means you’ll be able to create unique tracks from the official website for your club members to participate in.
    This adds a whole new level to potential race series, as owners can now manage their events on the go. Scoring systems within the clubs will now also be scalable so whether you have loads of members or just a few, DiRT 4 will provide a suitable ranking system. Daily, weekly and monthly events will also return to test your racing skills against.
    In terms of synchronous multiplayer, Codies has seemingly nailed this aspect too. Players will be able to join lobbies of eight, and take on rallies at the same time so the events are as smooth as possible. For those who just wish to watch the action, spectator slots will also be included in each lobby.
    The competitive PvP mode “Pro Tour” will utilize “Your Stage” to create harder tracks the further up the ranking ladder you go, ensuring you’ll always face a challenge relative to your ability. Custom PvP is also supported through “Jam Sessions”, which mean you can create tailor-made rallies for you and your friends.

For fans of the most recent entry in the series, there was a concern that despite DiRT 4 featuring a simulation handling mode it wouldn’t quite be as in-depth as DiRT Rally’s excruciating realism.
    Coleman seems to assuage that fear by insisting that DiRT 4’s sim handling is actually an improvement on Rally‘s, and those who enjoyed the previous title will certainly find themselves at home here—on pad or wheel.

Source - GTPlanet.net

AEF Member
    Sounds great. There is something about the graphics that just does not seem quite as appealing as Dirt Rally to me. There looks to be more detail but in many respects they look more gamey. Perhaps the contrast?

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the 10th Skid.

I very much doubt the graphics would be downgraded from Dirt Rally Kai. Perhaps that a lot of peoples EA previews are from consoles maybe?

Here's the full ingame intro which seems to look ok, so I'd say there's gunna be different graphics settings/results by all depending on their machines.. GPU, CPU, etc.

AEF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skid View Post
    Perhaps that a lot of peoples EA previews are from consoles maybe?
    Good point, could quite possibly be.

Up until the 6th there's been a review embargo.

So now, here we go....

....and a chance "Key Code Giveaway" from these guy's over at ISRTV.

AEF Member
    I see you have a few hours in D4 Skid, what do you think? There seems to be a few people compaining about gravel physics/lack of oversteer on steam, but others say its good? I see AEF DarkMellie wasnt impressed!

Personally I think lot of people complain for the sake of complaining to make themselves sound like they know what they're talking about... lol ..."Dunning-Kruger Effect" maybe?

With the limited time I've had on it so far in full blown everything in sim mode and graphics settings,... I'm having a frikken ball!

Here is the latest "DiRT Show"... Where at aprx the 30.20min mark they answer questions and discuss the new physics.

...and here's the latest 10/6/17 "Dev Blog".

DiRT 4 - Out Now! ... >> http://blog.codemasters.com/communit...irt-4-out-now/
    Last edited by Skid; 10-06-2017 at 01:27 PM. Reason: ...the usual

(Steam) REVIEW by "Porkhammer"
    Porkhammer » Reviews » DiRT 4

Recommended

Posted: 10 Jun @ 12:07am
    Updated: 11 Jun @ 5:35am

Please note: My "3 hours played" is not accurate - I have about 40 hours on an alternate account. I had to register my press release key on an alternate account as I had DiRT4 already preordered on this account.
    __________________________________________________ ___

A lot of people have asked me to write a review on this game. I'm really not a review kind of guy - in fact I think I've only done one review before this. However, having played rally games since 1998, perhaps my input can be of some aid to those who are hesitant to spend money on this title. I also have 1777 hours played in Dirt Rally. I feel that this helps a little in forming my opinion on the game.

I'll keep it simple. I will list the pros and cons. While subjective, I don't feel like they're biased because I love the DiRT team, though perhaps because I love rally titles.

Let's start off with the pros.

·Rally school. (or DiRT academy I guess) is highly informative and will teach you some really helpful techniques, narrated by Jen Horsey. No matter how experienced you feel in the art of rallying, it certainly can't hurt to brush up on your skills. I picked up on a couple of things myself I never thought I'd be able to do.

·The improvement of handling over DiRT Rally. This includes cars having actual weight, improved aerodynamics (no more randomly bouncing off protruding rocks at the roadside, no more mid-air turning when taking jumps at an angle), more realistic braking distances. The DiRT team have done their homework, and it shows. It feels amazing regardless of what car I am using. Mind, I'm not exactly a fan of modern cars, but so far even those have been enjoyable to me, which was unexpected.

·Career mode. By far the best one I've ever seen in a rally game - and I haven't even played through it yet! I think I came about halfway (40 hours played on a separate account upon recieving an early press release key), so it will take a while. You can choose whether to compete with your own (handpicked!) team, or be a driver for hire and race for other teams. You can improve your staff, as well as upgrade your staff's facilities. Nice one, Codemasters.
    EDIT: How could I forget to mention this! You get to choose your own team name! You also get to choose team colors for your car, as well as numbers, patterns... your name will be put on the side window of your car (or the front fender, depends on the car!), and you can also choose what colors these should be! There's so much lovely customization here. You can choose up to four separate colors for your team's livery, and whether they should be gloss, satin, or matte to the finish. There's also metallic and carbon finishes.

·Upgrade system. This too is a massive improvement over Dirt Rally. The cars no longer have bad performance as you buy them; they're quick from the word get go. The upgrade is of their parts. Bad parts makes them more prone to breaking down or cause issues on the stages. Good parts last longer and will not break as easily. And it really makes a massive difference. I will give a prime example; I attended the weekly Group A event last week (before game release), with a sh*tbox Ford Escort Group A that I had bought used for an owners' club daily. The game warned me that its equipped parts were substandard, but I didn't take much note of it. By my logic, as long as I was driving well, the car would hold up. Nuh-uh. Halfway through the rally, my rear suspension collapsed! I later learned that it was both of the rear springs that had snapped. I had to drive over 5 kilometers with this and it was the most agonizing and amazing virtual rally experience I've ever had.

·Damage system. If my above story didn't convince you, I don't know what will. It's just on a completely different level than Dirt Rally. Driving through night stages with bad parts in your car can be especially interesting. Lights can start flickering randomly, or cut out completely. The intercom between you and you co-driver can also stop working at times. You will have misfires even though you're fresh out of service. Yesterday I was on Twitch, and saw Quirkitized become absolutely thrilled as he wrecked his first career event by plowing into a tree at speed and being forced to retire.

·The immersion. I have driven through stages where birds near blocked my view, where helicopters actually did block my view by blowing up dust in my face. Animal crossings. Drivers waving for me to slow down, because they've broken down or crashed ahead. Low-flying drones nearly clipping my car. The co-driver moving his (or hers) lips when talking. The look of commitment on the drivers' face. Driving up to the marshal after crossing the finish line. The service area; the fact that you can clean your car between stages! It all adds up into a beautiful experience.

·The improved graphics. This seems to be one of the topics people moan most about, but like it or not - the graphics really are improved. I've seen enough Dirt Rally to know this without any doubt in my mind. The reflections are beautiful, the lighting is gorgeous. Textures are crisp. Granted, I cannot max the details in this game, but someday I will...

·Your stage. It's better than I expected. I've enjoyed many, many stages from this tool and put on Youtube - and there'll be more to come!

·Improved sounds. These become most apparent when using dashcam or headcam, but they've improved the noise of several cars as well. The Ford RS200, Lancia Delta S4, Lancia Delta Integrale, Seat Ibiza Kitcar, Lancia 037, Peugeot 205 T16... to name a few.

·The soundtrack. I'm liking all the music I've heard in the game so far, and that's rare. Especially in a rally game.

·Improved force feedback. I set it up the same way I did in Dirt Rally, and it feels a lot better; more refined. I especially like it on tarmac. I feel the car perfectly through the wheel.
    If you'd like good wheel settings, take a look at gheeD's & Kakkela's guide here:

Thrustmaster settings for DiRT 4
    A Guide for DiRT 4
    By: gheeD
    These are my wheel settings that i use for DiRT 4 that give you the purest feedback of what the car is doing, without any fake effects muting the actual feedback of the car to you

I think that's all for the pros. Now for the cons, of which I can think of three... plus a tiny one.

·The rear end grip. It's a little too much, and it regains way too quickly after performing a handbrake turn, or any kind of slide really... why they've done that I cannot fathom, but I am fairly confident that we will see a fix of this. If not... well, I'll probably keep playing, but be a little disappointed as well.

·Sweden. It's a little too dumbed down and simple now. I wish for punishing snowbanks, but now you can just drive over them like it's nothing. It is not my favourite location thanks to this, so I choose Wales as my favourite instead.

·The tarmac. While they did improve the feel of the cars, and the FFB (massively!) - watching the replays, the movement is still off. It feels good, but looks wrong. Pretty much. I shouldn't be bothered about movement, but I just am. Shame on me.

·Please let me disable the mouse cursor!

Well, I hope this review has been helpful to somebody.

I give it 8/10.. Best rally game I have ever played.

...and I'll just leave this here for those DR faithful sceptics.... (Warning: Language may offend).

New "Dirtgame" website, "Your Stage Hub".. and... "Ghosts"?

Read more by clicking the below pic...

Last edited by Skid; 16-06-2017 at 10:51 PM. Reason: ?

Yowzers.... O_O ... They're back!

DiRT 4 Road Book
    – 06/12/17

"AEF Australia"
    for DiRT4 Clubs (Racenet) is now in the process of construction/rebuild from DR.. Preview here >> https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club...aef--australia
    Last edited by Skid; 1 Week Ago at 04:20 PM. Reason: Update