Wings over Omaka

Thought I'd post up some picture for you over the Wings over Omaka airshow that was held at easter this year near Blenheim NZ, This year special guest plane was an Aussie Yak3U Steadfast multiple world record holder for speed records.

Was a great event all the planes and more of some of the bigger Airshows like Wings over Wanaka, some like the Spitfire MkXIV you can only see at Omaka and the FW190 should be back flying by the next one. Best part was having a contact up there who let us join the airshow pilots for drinks afterwards in the members area then took us on a tour of the flight line, being able to get up and touch these planes, then the next day going on a tour of the restoration hanger where i could see my absolute favorite WW2 fighter the FW190 being repaired.

This photos & vids are just off my phone, i'll put the camera stuff up later

Yak3U (radial) & Yak3P V12

Hanomag & V1 Launcher , yes they did launch it and it does fly (turbine not pulse though)

Corsiar tucked up for the day

Pitts special didn't realise they were so small or i'm really big

Happyness and smug smile walking the flight line with the Spitfire MkIX

Whistleing death

Spitfire MkXIV Griffin Powered

P40 Nose art

FW190 in the restoration hangar

New Engine for the FW190 cheap at round 50K
    Last edited by JaegerNZ; 25-04-2017 at 07:44 PM. Reason: adding more pictures

Unknown landing signal officer (LSO) to carrier pilot after his 6th unsuccessful landing attempt:
    "You've got to land here son. ..................... this is where the food is."

Last edited by JaegerNZ; 25-04-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Unknown landing signal officer (LSO) to carrier pilot after his 6th unsuccessful landing attempt:

AEF Member
    Very cool Jaeger... Cheers

Very nice :-) good to see the Kiwi's have Jerry on the run!