Thread: Nav Nights

Registered Users

Nav Nights

Hi All,

I am contemplating running a night or two based around the finer points of navigation with legacy aids. These nights will be based around my availability with days off etc and having the boss at work.

I am thinking of having the conditions set as Day VMC and operate close in to an airfield with a Huey etc. Demonstrate the basics of VOR and NDB navigation with an ILS flown at the end.

Will run the basics and build from there.

Anyone interested?

AEF Member
    Always keen for any training. All depends on my availability, which is very minimal atm.

Flight Lieutenant
    Hey gspinz

Having already done a few Huey flights with you and learning some of the finer points you described you can sign me up to any future lessons you have for us whenever we get the time free. I understand the basics of VOR/NDB nav but learning how to make the most out of the aids will help when I start working on some more Huey co op missions as I want to keep map options and external views turned off for some of these focused scenarios ie my Huey bad weather transport mission.

Cheers, Rage.

Registered Users
    When I get some time, I'll draw up a small brief and go from there. I see there are no approach plates published for DCS which is a shame.

A bit of real world nav stuff here: https://skyvector.com/?ll=42.176825,...art=301&zoom=3