Powerplay Notice

Presuming everyone reads their weekly newsletter!
    If not take a look at this!

Last edited by Goldleader; 16-09-2017 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Image cleanup

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran

Well I'm confused. The way I understand it, PP doesn't necessarily involve PvP unless you want it to, so the explanation is a little confusing. Not sure why this is being implemented. Need to look into it further..

TassieDevil

yeah, I got confused reading it too.

Live Powerplay crime rules:

* If I am pledged to a power and in my power's territory, I can attack with impunity any other pledged vessel as long as their power is from a different superpower (in this case, treat every independent power as its own superpower).

* I can attack with impunity a pledged vessel from the same superpower in my power's territory if I have scanned it and discovered it is carrying voucher or cargo associated with my power.

This means that you cannot "help" a power sharing the same superpower (e.g. Hudson helping Winters, both are Federal powers) without incurring standard system bounties (or waiting for opponent pledged vessels to become wanted).

* Remove crimes for attacking a pledged vessel pledged to a power from a different superpower to the power I am pledged to, in a system owned by a power aligned to my superpower.

* This means no bounties, PFB or ship rebuy penalties will be triggered unless I am attacking a ship from my power, or a ship pledged to a power aligned with my superpower that is not carrying your power's cargo or vouchers.
    Last edited by Madsmurf; 17-09-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TassieDevil View Post
    Well I'm confused. The way I understand it, PP doesn't necessarily involve PvP unless you want it to, so the explanation is a little confusing. Not sure why this is being implemented. Need to look into it further..

TassieDevil
    at Madsmurf alluded to, basically what FDev are saying is if you are pledged to a superpower you are consenting to PvP as the nature of Powerplay involves destroying ships from other powers at times, NPC or other CMDRs, so as there are now various new penalties being implemented and tested for killing other players, if it is done as part of Powerplay you will not receive these, they are essentially giving everyone a free exit from powerplay without a penalty if they want it, also if you choose to take this penalty free exit from powerplay you can repledge to any power you choose.
    They are giving us all a free choice to freely exit powerplay with no repercussions if we want to.
    if you want to stay as you are you just need to earn 1 merit.

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran