VR - Is this the future of sim racing?

A very interesting and informative discussion on VR between Shaun Cole (TheSimPit) and James West (GamerMuscle)...

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

AEF Member
    Didnt have time to watch the whole vid, but as someone who has an Oculus, hell yeah it is the future.

For something like sim racing and flight sims it is perfect as both are sit down sims and with the correct periferals it adds to that realism and emmersion.

I recon if your getting into sim racing and thinking of three screens, dont bother, get a VR headset instead. They are getting rather cheap and they run on lower specs than you may think. I run on a cpu that is below recomended and a gtx970 and can still get AC running at 60+ frames on mid to high settings. Can even go for 90 if I turn things down. (DCS is another story, cant get that over 30fps on a good day, but that is mostly due to its poor optimization, and is still playable as it doesnt require twitch reflexes).

If your still sceptical about VR, talk to most of the boys from 161 and they will convert you in a heartbeat .

Best to watch the whole video, as there's some great stuff they talk about, available now and whats coming up.

I'm with Shaun Cole.. Waiting with CC in hand.

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::