Mission Wed 13th Dec 20:30 AEST - Black Sea Imbroglio

Hi all,

I'll be running a mission on Wednesday 13th from 20:30 hours on the private server Ver 1.5 , password as normal.

Slots:

4 X F-15
    4 X A-10C
    4 X M-2000
    8 X AV-8B
    2 x UH-1
    2 X Gazelle
    2 x MI-8
    2 X SU-25T
    2 X Ground Commander Slots

GCI/Operational Command will be active ( I will be in Game master slot - allowing dynamic enemy reactions and balancing depending on filled slots)

General Options - F10 map nav will be off so have your nav/Tacan knowlege down pat...
    If you eject, I ask that you do not re-spawn until you are "rescued" by a chopper or vehicle, and watch out for enemy units!

Briefing:

The Georgian government has been toppled by military coup! Forces loyal to the government have withdrawn toward the coast and have secured an area around Kutasti , Poti, Kobuleti. Paramilitary forces supporting the coup have seized control of Batumi. NATO has deployed a stabilisation force to support the legitimate government, conducting an airmobile operation to secure the Kobuletti airbase as the initial FOB. The initial NATO operation will be a push to secure Batumi as a logistics base.
    Last edited by shuto; 5 Days Ago at 10:55 AM.

Sounds cool, I'm 90% sure I can make it. Put me down for an A10 or F15, whatever is needed.
    Thanks for putting in the effort to make this up for us

Now can i drive Tunguska

Unknown landing signal officer (LSO) to carrier pilot after his 6th unsuccessful landing attempt:
    "You've got to land here son. ..................... this is where the food is."

You can drive a Humvee or Stryker :-)

Flight Lieutenant
    I should be online. Put me down for one of the helicopter roles, prefer logistics or SAR if available. Otherwise if you need a Stryker driver I am keen for that also.

You can take whatever slot appeals to you the most, we don't need to balance the slots . Hopefully by dynamically controlling the Red Force and Blue Ground and AI , I can have the scenario adapt to whatever people feel like flying.

It seems I got excited about the mission before seeing the weather forecast. 37c, and probably about double that upstairs with VR on. Sorry but I won't make it.

AAR:

NATO Forces engaged:

Athos Flight 2 x Mirage 2000 (Zyf,Rigby and Cyph)
    Broken Flight (Brokenrage) MI-8
    Wedgie Flight (AV-8)

The operation began with Athos flight enforcing the ADIZ around Koubuletti, making intercepts and visual identifications of a TU-95 and a Russian Frigate.
    As elements of the 82nd Airborne and 1st Stryker Brigade moved south through Kobuletti , they engaged Rebel infantry and were ably supported by Broken Flight.
    Wedgie flight identified a BTR-80 on the column route and destroyed it with a MAV strike before technical issues forced an RTB.
    Athos Flight was then tasked to intecept and shadow a civilian biz jet that could not be contacted by ATC and were forced to make a shoot down when the AC violated the 15NM exclusion zone around Kobuletti.
    Chutes were spotted, and Broken Flight made a search for the crew , but was unsuccessful.
    After refuelling and a change in personnel Athos flight attempted to intercept a very high alt and speed bogie , possibly a mig 25 recon, overflying the Kutasi area, but were unsuccessful.
    Broken flight then flew a successful transport mission to ferry captured rebel infantry to Kobuletti.
    On RTB, Athos 1-2 suffered some form of navigation error (at least that is what was claimed on Comms) and flew into Russian Airspace, disappearing from Radar contact...

sounds like fun was had by all.

Squadron Leader
    I had a blast...tailing that biz jet was not easy given the way it was flying...

Cloud cover made it hard to follow the chutes thru. To bad they got away.

Looking forward to the next one.

And cyph, don't forget to align the m2kc

Z.
    --
    You don't need to be a better shot. You just need to shoot more bullets...

Flight Lieutenant
    I too had a blast... very good mix of tasking given for my Mi8, challenged my aircraft handling skills, situational awareness and navigation skills. Lots of river, road and power line following to find my way along with help from dead reckoning nav.

I think I will continue the story next mission as one of the government helicopter pilots until my Mi8 is shot down then reincarnate as something else

Once again Shuto thank you for taking the time to build and game master these missions for us. I think the concept behind the building and running of the missions are a fantastic change of pace from the norm and a place to really put our DCS aircraft handling skills and sops to the test.

As for Athos 1-2, that flight into Russian airspace seemed very suspect to the eyes of a government helo pilot. Talk among the helicopter crews is that the Mirage pilot had some sort of deal with the Reds, navigation error.... a likely story

Cheers, Brokenrage.

Squadron Leader
    Aaaahh.. a turn coat ... I think its the firing squad for him!

Z.
    --
    You don't need to be a better shot. You just need to shoot more bullets...