AEF Member

2.5 Update could be weeks or more away for some people

Hi guys,
    The 2.5 update thread on the DCS forums is confusing as hell but from what i gather unless you have 1.5 open beta installed, not 1.5 release you could be waiting weeks(maybe more) i.e February to install it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200340

Ive tried to make sense of it but that's the gist that i get.See if you guys can make more sense of it.If I'm reading it right I'm mad as hell.

Quote from Matt Wagner " we will be releasing DCS World 2.5 by late-January 2018. This is not an estimate, this is a promise."

Patches have always updated randomly. Sometimes you play the game for days with a new patch out, and one day it finally asks you to update. But you can just force the update using dcs_updater.exe, for example:
    "C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update
    This will probably still work... probably.

AEF Member
    fingers crossed

Flight Lieutenant
    Nothing to be mad about Butcher. The week(s) waiting is the 2.5.0 test period so the bugs can be squashed. If you want to jump into the 2.5.0 beta and you don't have the open beta 1.5.8 installed or don't want to download and install now you can download the 2.5.0 beta the day after 1.5.8 open beta is updated.

The reason why you may want to have an up to date copy of 1.5.8 beta and 2.2.0 alpha is that it will save you some download size and time as the update will also use files from your installs.

I have all three versions (1.5.8 release, Open beta 1.5.8 and Open alpha 2.20) installed seeing as I have the disk space available, for some this is a limiting factor on what versions they have installed currently I am sure.

During the one/two week "Stage 1" period and depending on what DCS version(s) you have installed now you will still be able to play 1.5.8 release and 2.2.0 online depending on what you have installed and what the server is running. Our server admins will decide how to handle which server is running what and if we feel a 1.5.8 server is needed during the "Stage 1"

After the beta test and they have all the possible bugs sorted we move into "Stage 2" quoted at this time as coming 1 to 2 weeks after "Stage 1" your 1.5.8 release version will be updated to 2.5.0 release. You can save a 1.5.8 final version if desired and prompt you to uninstall the Open alpha 2.2.0.

Hope that makes some sense Butcher

When installing multiple versions it's always frustrating to notice that your controller profiles don't automatically copy over, but this is because the profiles are saved in a different folder in Saved Games.

You can try copying these files around, but sometimes aircraft have changes between DCS versions. The safest way is to click in each column in the controller settings and Import the profile from your other DCS Saved Games folder.

It pays to back these profiles up before making changes.

Squadron Leader
    Agreed. I keep a copy of my control bindings in DropBox, just in case.

Is this the one that merges 1.5 and the open beta?

AEF Member
    Yup, the great merge. No more separate installs for different maps. Will get rid of the alpha, so only two versions to be had, and as far as most 161 guys go, only one version required now, 2.5 beta.

sweet.

Are you guys planning another mission? haven't seen anything and keen to jump in.

AEF Member
    That's good news at least i can download it the next day after not mid February.

This will change heaps server side and is way overdue.

"161 SQN flys the AEF flag the highest"

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

That looks so sweet, can we drive the trains?

Don't start the trains debate.

Those not in the beta will need a dose of 2weeks
    Last edited by Panthro; 01-02-2018 at 09:04 PM.

@Kai that's odd I wonder how they mixed BMS and DCS 2.5....

Still no dynamic campaign but there are some pretty good ones made for them we usually get human ATC GCI and FAC on.
    flight planning is still pen paper and editor only sadly

I NEED that soundtrack for the splash screen menu...

So in other news I managed to get the 2.5 OPen Beta running on my laptop as I am away from my rig until Sept at least, and it runs at about 40FPS with Low Detail and about 30FPS on Medium Detail, So at least I can keep my skills up to date.

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran

did you take your joystick and TIR?

Quote Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
    did you take your joystick and TIR?
    I bought the T16000m and TWCS Throttle which I will tour, do not have and probably won't bother with track ir though, might investigate freetrack or the eye tracking.

We are all just Eagles, tied to fridges, full of bad ham - Dylan Moran