+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Users

161 SQN Application - Knockout

Hey guys/girls, My name is Gary * (Call sign - Knockout)

1. What games are you currently playing/looking to play within the AEF ?

A1 - Where do I start, I have a Long List of games that i enjoy. Only recently started with DCS. I have played Flight sims for 10 years or so, Mainly FSX and now P3d and X-Plane. I enjoy playing Arma 3 ((Mainly Flying) I also want to join the AEF arma Squad), Iracing and the List goes on. I am in the process of building a 737NG sim but i will be selling that to make room for my new project which will be the F/A 18C. Hoping to build a full size sim that is based of the F/A but will be modular so i can change to a helicopter setup and racing setup.

2. How did you come across the AEF Community ?

A2 - I simply Searched for the best Australian DCS SQN. AEF came up in just about every post. Few people on Facebook mentioned it a few times. All very positive comments.

3. Tell us about your age and previous clan experience.

A3 - I am 24 years old. As for Clan experience, i have never been in a clan or committed group. Partly because most of what i have looked at previously require a certain amount of attendance and strict training schedule or its just a bunch of 10 year old's that annoy the $hit out of me.

4. Why do you want to join the AEF ?

AEF peaked my interest purely because everyone is willing to help, I am new to DCS and introducing weapons and systems will throw me off initially. I will need help. But at the same time once you become more experienced you can take it seriously and have fun. On top of that meeting new people and talking to people about a common interest will be awesome for once. Most of my friends just play PS4 or don't like gaming full stop.

5. Tell us about yourself. E.g. where you live and where you work or attend school ?

A5 - Born in South Africa, Moved to Perth when i was 12 and I am now living in Brisbane. I work FIFO in the Gas fields (don't hold it against me) have been doing so for 5 1/2 years now. Best lifestyle and very fortunate to have it. Before work I studied and Diploma of Aeronautics ( Basically a DIP of Aviation without the actual flying component) and I am currently doing Self study to complete my CASA exams for my CPL(H) I aim to start the Flight Training late this year.

6. Let us know if you hold any specific IT, Web or Graphical expertise ?

A6 - I dont have any IT experience other than Building my Own PC's and Building my 737 sim. I don't know how to program, which has halted my 737 to date. Probably won't be of any use but you never know

Welcome mate, feel free to jump on our ts anytime...panthro should be around for an induction

Too right welcome to our forums.

Jump on our TS3 server @ ts.aef-hq.com.au and say hello to the SQN down in our team channel.
    I will sort out an induction with you and we will introduce our selves.

"161 SQN flys the AEF flag the highest"