+ Reply to Thread

Post 161 Sqn Application - YOAG

G'day all I'm Dave (YOAG),
    I am a building services designer here in Tasmania and have been fascinated by aircraft since a young age. This was fuelled by living just outside RAAF Base Edinburgh in SA and having the mirage fly over on a daily basis. With the imminent release of the FA18 I thought it was time to stop procrastinating and take the plunge into flight sims, learn to fly with the ultimate goal down the track to be capable of flying the Hornet.

1. What games are you currently playing/looking to play within the AEF ?
    I am looking at mainly playing DCS at this point, the goal is to learn to fly with a group of like minded adults.

2. How did you come across the AEF Community ?
    The AEF was at the top of the google search and after looking at a few websites it was the one that held the most appeal.

3. Tell us about your age and previous clan experience.
    I am almost 50 years of age and have zero experience with online flight simulators. So if any of you are looking to take on a challenge I am that challenge.

4. Why do you want to join the AEF ?
    From what I have read so far, this group appears to serious in what they do and thrive for an immersive environment whilst still maintaining a good level of fun.

5. Tell us about yourself. E.g. where you live and where you work or attend school ?
    I have been all over the country (except WA) during my time in the RAAF (Police Dog Handler) and I currently reside in Hobart Tasmania.

6. Let us know if you hold any specific IT, Web or Graphical expertise ?
    I have no IT skills worth mentioning.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Cheers
    YOAG

Great flying with Sneaky and Barky last night. Thanks guys for the welcome and instruction (whichbwas much needed).

G'day YOAG and soz for the delayed welcome to the AEF.

Just noticed your still a "Registered User". Has Panthro spoken to you to become a "161SQN" and full "AEF Member" yet?

If not, we'll remedy things for you shortly.

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Unregistered
    Hi skid and thanks for the welcome.

Panthro took me through the induction a couple of months ago however life has prevented me from participating much lately.

Regards
    YOAG

No probs mate, RL is always first, there's no committment needed. You can join in anytime that suits you.

We're just fixing up some oversites with a few new members apps when joining the AEF... All's good. >_O

::_ WEBSITE of the MONTH : _ WWW.DUDEIWANTTHAT.COM_ ::

Welcome to our forums, you have come to the right place by the looks of it.

Download and install a copy of Teamspeak 3 and join us with it on
    the AEF TS3 server: ts.aef-hq.com.au scroll down and we will be in the 161 SQN channels.

I will get you sorted when I meet you.

"161 SQN flys the AEF flag the highest"